Looks like Dave King voted against the issuing of new shares

Obviously regardless of whats going on Dave King will always be a legend, but i have to say, i think he is causing unnecessary off-field drama. He chose to bow out, hes coming across as quite petty just now. Undermining the board whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Wish they could all just settle their differences and move on.

I believe so
Does it, I remember similar happened with club1872 shares but didn't know if that is the case with Kings shares.
If that is what happens from a business sense you can see why he would vote against it but from a love your club sense its not something a supporter would do.

So is his issue with the Parks? Notice that he didn’t vote against Bennett

Well, is he. I guess he is, sort of. Just feel we could have someone a bit more dynamic in the role.
A chairman is just a figurehead who chairs meetings. He does not singularly make decisions in the way a chief executive might. The dynamism you seek is discussed at board level among all the board members which the chairman is one voice of many.

I only we had a reliable Club 1872 that the majority of us contributed to, and could have swiftly bought Dave Kings shares.
Direct consequence of that being the case, I think even the most ardent opposers of the current C1872 placeholders were for the purchase of Kings shares. Let’s be honest it’s a generous below value price, 7.5m was raised iirc from the 25p share offering from the club. No reason why part of that shouldn’t have been directed to the King purchase...£5m to Kings shares, £5m to the club directly.
Club get a nice cash injection and the fans get a nice slice of share power in the running of our club and long term objective of fan board membership. This sticky relationship between Rangers fans and Rangers supporting businessmen shows me how easy it could be for the vultures to come circling and prey on any perceived weakness

A chairman is just a figurehead who chairs meetings. He does not singularly make decisions in the way a chief executive might. The dynamism you seek is discussed at board level among all the board members which the chairman is one voice of many.
I think it’s a fair point that Park won’t be mingling at boardroom level the way a King was, the sort of networking that may or may not have led to the appointment of Gerrard and a turnaround in our fortunes

Indeed.

Voting against Greame Park is hardly crime of the century.
Us not knowing why does leave it open to (mis)interpretation and it being anything from doesn’t like him, doesn’t rate him, doesn’t trust him or everything in between

You couldn’t make this shit up if you tried a never ending soap opera at the hierarchy with the powers at be at our club.

I know Dave King will do what ever is best for Dave King but it does make me feel unease that he doesn’t support the current set up or whatever is upsetting him isn’t comfortable.

He gave up the power nobody forced him to stand down.

Obviously regardless of whats going on Dave King will always be a legend, but i have to say, i think he is causing unnecessary off-field drama. He chose to bow out, hes coming across as quite petty just now. Undermining the board whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Wish they could all just settle their differences and move on.
How do they do that when DK is being petty?
He wants to sell his shares, the rest are still investing. DK should bow out gracefully

I think it’s a fair point that Park won’t be mingling at boardroom level the way a King was, the sort of networking that may or may not have led to the appointment of Gerrard and a turnaround in our fortunes
Is such a thing necessary though, especially the way things are now compared to then?

You couldn’t make this shit up if you tried a never ending soap opera at the hierarchy with the powers at be at our club.

I know Dave King will do what ever is best for Dave King but it does make me feel unease that he doesn’t support the current set up or whatever is upsetting him isn’t comfortable.

He gave up the power nobody forced him to stand down.
He was forced off the board because he wouldn’t put up anymore money.

Is he annoyed because the club went ahead with the tiffosy share issue after he made his plea for fans to buy through club1872?

I will always be grateful to King for wrestling power from Ashley and co but I think our board is stronger now he has moved on

Does it, I remember similar happened with club1872 shares but didn't know if that is the case with Kings shares.
If that is what happens from a business sense you can see why he would vote against it but from a love your club sense its not something a supporter would do.
Business always comes before supporting IMHO, good that we have supporters on the board but they ain’t in it to lose money

Back