Looks like we will have to beat them at their midden to win the league.

That game will become their end of season title party.

We won't show up and theyll get one last laugh at Tav and Goldson as they trudge off the pitch
sad but true.
I hope to christ that I am wrong, but i think thats the way it will fade out.

People are seeing their last game as guaranteed win but it's Hearts and Killie whose places have been pretty much decided and might not be at it.

Hopefully St Mirren go into the last game with 5th place and, therefore, European football still to play for.

It’s still possible to win the title but we had the chance to have it absolutely in our own hands that day.

That the Dessers goal was chopped off for a foul at the other end of the pitch, and from where there was a lot of time played, didn’t help but it was yet another game where Rangers needed to turn up like emotionless bastards and get a result but we instead froze, and somehow lost a sloppy goal within a minute of play.

It would be wonderful to win this title but we need a significant slice of luck now.
I honestly think it would be more ' relief' and ' how the fk did we manage that'.

Being brutally honest, we are a horrendous watch. I think thats why the hearts game was such a joy, that performance was totally unexpected, and has proven to be the exception.

However it ends up, i just cannot wait for rangers season to end.

I just really, really hope the Clement is working on a different plan / set up from our normal formation. Our lack of effective wide attacking options is so chronic that I just can't picture anyway we go there with 4-2-3-1 and get a result.

I think a 3-5-2 (or actually 3-5-1-1) would genuinely be a decent shout for this game. Goldson (hopefully refreshed and with a post to prove) back in at the back alongside Souttar abd Balogun. Tav and Yilmaz (hopefully fit) to provide width as wingback. A solid midfield 3 of Lundstram, Sterling and Dio. Cantwell roaming behind Dessers and supporting where possible.

I know it's generally not practical to tinker with formations so late in the day, but surely this is an exception? The above should make us a lot harder to play against in midfield and wouldn't get overrun, negating the impact McGregor has on dictating the play. 3 cbs giving Souttar the opportunity to step out which he does well and Tav / Yilmaz license to attack without getting caught too short. And big Dessers to put the shift in, occupy their backbone and hopefully grab a scrappy late winner.

I just really, really can't stand the thought of a silva / Wright combination doing hee haw as part of our front line...

I'd already written that game off as a defeat before our collapse, never mind now. Our players just don't have the mentality to go there and win in front of 60,000 of their fans and none of our own. It doesn't even matter if we're in good form and they're in bad, we still don't win there.

I just really, really hope the Clement is working on a different plan / set up from our normal formation. Our lack of effective wide attacking options is so chronic that I just can't picture anyway we go there with 4-2-3-1 and get a result.

I think a 3-5-2 (or actually 3-5-1-1) would genuinely be a decent shout for this game. Goldson (hopefully refreshed and with a post to prove) back in at the back alongside Souttar abd Balogun. Tav and Yilmaz (hopefully fit) to provide width as wingback. A solid midfield 3 of Lundstram, Sterling and Dio. Cantwell roaming behind Dessers and supporting where possible.

I know it's generally not practical to tinker with formations so late in the day, but surely this is an exception? The above should make us a lot harder to play against in midfield and wouldn't get overrun, negating the impact McGregor has on dictating the play. 3 cbs giving Souttar the opportunity to step out which he does well and Tav / Yilmaz license to attack without getting caught too short. And big Dessers to put the shift in, occupy their backbone and hopefully grab a scrappy late winner.

I just really, really can't stand the thought of a silva / Wright combination doing hee haw as part of our front line...

Given how the 2nd halves have gone in the prior two games, Clement may feel it's simply about eradicating individual errors. I'm not so sure.

I'd prefer a 4-4-2 or even as you suggest. If Clement sets up the same way and we lose again, concerns will be valid. He really needs a win from one (at least) of the upcoming games.

It’s looking likely that if we are going to win 56, we will have to go to Celtic park and win.

So if that is the case, where can Rangers get the confidence from and draw the inspiration from to beat them on their own turf ?.

Could Celtic become over confident ?

If you can’t draw the inspiration to go and beat them to win the league title, when can you?

For what it’s worth I can’t see us beating them there

They won't drop points in the title run-in. It won't be allowed. Which ref would dare to cost them a title. ? He'd need to flee the country.

If we have to win that game to win the league, so be it. We'd probably have taken this situation a while back.

They won't drop points in the title run-in. It won't be allowed. Which ref would dare to cost them a title. ? He'd need to flee the country.
Do people actually believe this pish? Why would they decide for the last 4 games only they can’t drop points whilst they’ve been dropping points like us all season.

Do people actually believe this pish? Why would they decide for the last 4 games only they can’t drop points whilst they’ve been dropping points like us all season.

I reckon you're in the minority, mate. Refs are too scared of the reprisals for awarding a game changing decision that costs them the title.

As much as it pains me to say it , for the life of me I can't see this group of players going away to them and winning , they simply don't have the mentality required.

Take Sunday for example, yet another away game we start sloppy, appear so lacklustre and almost intimidated by st mirren never mind them , we were a couple of superb butland saves away from dropping points

Watching the first half on Sunday highlights exactly why we need a full scale clear out in the summer , this group of players have the same dejavu moments almost every away game ...

Of course I would absolutely love to be proved wrong and scud them 3-0

As much as it pains me to say it , for the life of me I can't see this group of players going away to them and winning , they simply don't have the mentality required.

Take Sunday for example, yet another away game we start sloppy, appear so lacklustre and almost intimidated by st mirren never mind them , we were a couple of superb butland saves away from dropping points

Watching the first half on Sunday highlights exactly why we need a full scale clear out in the summer , this group of players have the same dejavu moments almost every away game ...

Of course I would absolutely love to be proved wrong and scud them 3-0
We need a Betis performance

Back