lost passport in the dam

Davie: say no more :)
Same thing happened to one of our lads coming back from Ajax years ago (lost 4-0). We just surrounded him at passport control & just all shuffled through , passing passports to & from the officials. Dead easy. Probably not so easy in these days of "high security" though. I'm sure Davie will get home- eventually!

Usual process I think is British Embassy with proof of ID (brilliant when its your ID you've lost!) Pay £100 and wait two days for emergency passport. Never had to do it myself but one of my pals did in Paris years ago. He said the Embassy staff were wanks and totally disinterested. Cant imagine a football supporter would get red carpet treatment.

Usual process I think is British Embassy with proof of ID (brilliant when its your ID you've lost!) Pay £100 and wait two days for emergency passport. Never had to do it myself but one of my pals did in Paris years ago. He said the Embassy staff were wanks and totally disinterested. Cant imagine a football supporter would get red carpet treatment.

I’ve never heard a good word said about our embassy staff anywhere in the world.

Our 4 passports were stolen in Italy, 4 hour train journey to the consulate, 4 hours and 450euros later we got handed white cardboard temporary passports, they took then right off us when we landed back in UK.

Back