Luca Connell

KGR98

Apparently another young player we are in for he is an 18 year old centre midfielder who has played in Boltons first team this season out on contract at the end of the season

Glasgow Rangers have joined the chase for Bolton starlet Luca Connell whose departure this summer looks certain as the club's administrators try to raise funds.

Connell, 18, made a dozen first-team appearances for stricken Wanderers who have just been relegated and will start League One with a 12-point deduction for going into administration.

Norwich, Southampton and Preston have also shown interest in the young Irish midfielder whose contract runs out at the end of June but will fetch a compensation fee for Bolton because of his age.

Bolton's administrators have a choice whether to agree a fee with a buying club or wait until it is set by tribunal.

Connell has been at the academy for 10 years and was regularly watched by scouts after making his debut last season in an FA Cup win against Walsall.

Bolton's well-documented money problems under owner Ken Anderson led to administrators being appointed last week following a High Court appearance in connection with an unpaid tax bill of £1.2million.

EEF10580-5513-4-D2-B-A165-7746-B9-F9599-F.jpg

What kind of young guy looks in the mirror while looking like the lion from the wizard of OZ and thinks "aye I look good".

Be astounded if we got him, he has bags of talent, can play Left Back or across the Midfield. Southampton and Spurs been tracking him for a few Months. Lack of cross border development fee may go in our favour but him staying in England and Bolton getting significant compensation may entice him to stay south to help out the Club that developed him.

I sh*t myself there. It actually looks like my hair in the 80’s. What’s up wae it? The women loved it! And I was only 15 and shagging women in their 20’s. :cool:

That’s a shocker.

Saying that, NYC is the worst I’ve seen in a Rangers jersey. It’s embarrassingly bad.

To be honest i'd feel bad if we got him. Let him go to an English team who can give Bolton some money to pay their staff

To be honest i'd feel bad if we got him. Let him go to an English team who can give Bolton some money to pay their staff
I wouldn't.

Bolton profited from our administration by signing Greg Wylde for free. Pretty sure they where in the Premier League also and still took him for free.

So would simply be Karma for them.

Back