Lundstram and Morelos can face Celtic (apparently)

We would have won 2-1 yesterday if Lundstrum was not red carded even allowing for Morelos stupidity he is always the same v Hibs. Another flashpoint not muted is a booking for the incident when the Hibs player lowered his head and got a boot to his face as usual Collum decided that was dangerous play of a high boot not the Hibs player endangering his own safety.
TBH if this is Collum being paid as a match official you need to wonder how his full time employers at NL Council feel his teaching performance is would be interesting if there is a National Exam for R.E. how many passes his students attain in 4th Year?

Morelos being available to face the filth is hardly a positive. Far more likely to be red-carded against them than score (or have an assist, or create a chance). That’s before you get to his lack of fitness, which is a disgrace for a so-called professional.

There is absolutely no way he should be on the pitch at the Knewcamp for as much as a minute, which pretty much sums up his usefulness to us. Get him fit, get him scoring a few against the dross, get him some. That’s the best outcome for us.

Newcastle v Man City … Trippier just sent off for challenge on Kevin De Bruyne.
Similar tackle as Lunstram yesterday.
Good Ref and VAR, decision changed to Yellow.
What is wrong with Collum and Scottish Football.
Oh, Hearts end up with 9 players on park today, strange very strange !!!!!

It was a far worse challenge than Lundstram's.

I might just be getting spooked into being paranoid....... but what happens if we appeal Lundstram's red and it fails..... does he get ban increased and miss the old firm?

I might just be getting spooked into being paranoid....... but what happens if we appeal Lundstram's red and it fails..... does he get ban increased and miss the old firm?
If it fails the only bonus would be that we might finally get to see angry Giovanni. And the board may finally speak up tho' I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that!
Seriously tho' there's no way that even the SPFL could not rescind that red card.
Relax.

Make or break for Alfie now, he has a few weeks to save his Rangers career IMO or he may well be punted.

Gio seems like he easily loses trust in his players.

"cynical tackle" that you will see all weekend long in every league and all those players will be given a yellow for it :rolleyes:

Just happened with Trippier in the Man City game. Ref showed him a red and VAR overturned it. It looked worse than Lundstrams. Useful evidence for the appeal process.

the boot on Sky said it was as well (or the director in her ear) so it's cynical now

I'm expecting to see a red card every time it happens now, including one in the game against them when one of their players does it. Of course a ref won't send off a Celtic player for that sort of tackle, so that's not going to happen
Regarding the same boot, she was reading the rules from her ipad, not often you see that in match analysis. They are so desperate to justify it it's laughable. Rotten to the core.

Hero to zero in the blink of an eye. He’s one of our best players, if not the best and has rag dolled better defences than them. We really missed him in the games last year. He’s came back ahead of schedule from a serious injury. Was it stupid to get a red card? 100%. However people saying he needs to ‘save his Rangers career’ is over exaggerating just a bit.

When did they change the rules?

Straight red would apply to the same competition apart from Violent conduct, where the first game misses is the next game irrespective of competition. The second would the be in the competition where the offence occurred.

It's only an issue for Morelos as Lundstram's will be overturnedi wouldn't bet on it but it should be overturned.
It still gives the that's two games to red card any player they don't want to play.
As for Morelos agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned he's had enough chances. A daft sending off again. He's cost us lots of points over the years getting sent off and putting the team in trouble.

Just happened with Trippier in the Man City game. Ref showed him a red and VAR overturned it. It looked worse than Lundstrams. Useful evidence for the appeal process.
All we need to do is videotape todays incident and bring it to the the appeal hearing. Concrete evidence

Morelos being available to face the filth is hardly a positive. Far more likely to be red-carded against them than score (or have an assist, or create a chance). That’s before you get to his lack of fitness, which is a disgrace for a so-called professional.

There is absolutely no way he should be on the pitch at the Knewcamp for as much as a minute, which pretty much sums up his usefulness to us. Get him fit, get him scoring a few against the dross, get him some. That’s the best outcome for us.
Rubbish most of what you spout but I do believe Alfie wants out and quickly I don't know if he is working his ticket but he certainly wants out and if we can get whatever is offered we should take it,also Kent he in my opinion is waiting on Wednesdays result to see what to do which is bad news with a centre back who ducks out of heading a shot clear
And is playing shit we don't have much chance of a result.

Collum probably forgot we were playing QotS next week, the 2 games were supposed to be RC and the maggots!

Collum would have sent him off for his name alone

Hearts reserves were aggressive and pressed them 2nd half and were the better team imo..... thats the way to play this mob take the game to them.. i hope gio sets us up to play the same way as I think we have the players to hurt them.....i just worry gio will set up to contain and hit on the break as I think our last visit there and our last few european away games to me shows we cant hold out playing defensively

Rubbish most of what you spout but I do believe Alfie wants out and quickly I don't know if he is working his ticket but he certainly wants out and if we can get whatever is offered we should take it,also Kent he in my opinion is waiting on Wednesdays result to see what to do which is bad news with a centre back who ducks out of heading a shot clear
And is playing shit we don't have much chance of a result.
Yes, you’re correct. Morelos has a fantastic record against the filth. Care to remind us how many goals he’s scored against them? How about assists? How about the number of times he’s even been on the winning side?

Alfie will be out of the team for a while now I would imagine.
I am not in same boat as others and totally write him off, he has done well for a few seasons now to curb the daft behaviour - I would say surely this is final warning for him though, a repeat and its back to the player who can't be trusted.

The way he's looked since coming back to full fitness, he's likely to only start Cup games and Europa League midweek matches until the World Cup. The rest of the time he'll come on to give Colak a rest in games where we're comfortable in the league.

Hopefully he has someone close to him advising him that if he doesn't screw the nut, his career is in danger of petering out. I'm a massive fan of his but he's clearly out of shape and I don't think he's behaving like a professional athlete when he's not at training/games.
Agree with your post , but if that is morelos at full fitness, he is done already.
Must still be at least half a stone overweight.
he should be shedding that while serving his suspension.

Lundstrams will be appealed...as for Morelos,no chance.
There's no reason why Lundstram's red card shouldn't be rescinded. The Hibs challenge, Ross County challenge and Trippier's for Newcastle yesterday all yellow cards (after initially being a red), Rangers should go with that evidence for the appeal.

"Lundstram and Morelos can face Celtic (apparently)"​

only until the spfl change the rules at short notice

He shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team until he sheds at least 3stones I find it ridiculous the shape he is in for a professional footballer never mind a rangers player at that.
You really think our management would allow a player who is 42lbs over their playing weight play for us? This sums up how mad on here gets with people posting without thinking.

It's a positive that Lundstram can play, he's excellent in these games.

Even if Alfie was fit enough to play from the start, which he'll be so far from being, I somewhat doubt Gio would have any trust in him to do so. Everyone of their players and fans will be hounding everything Morelos does that day. And he'll bite.

Whilst I think the red was harsh for Morelos if he's planning on doing similar against them he's as well staying in the house.

Back