Lundstram cost us the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cost us the league by being a piss-poor player for the majority of the season with a few others. I hope he is banned for the little games we have left, but no doubt we will see him at Hampden being useless and fucking us over there.

He’s got previous for chucking it. The Sheffield United’s fan forum at the time was full of folks glad to see the back of him for downing tools. At least he’s consistent at that.

I well remember reading their comments on him and that’s come to pass at Ibrox too.

Lundstram has chucked it. He’s thrown it. He’s away.

How galling that we went into a must win game at Torbett towers relying on guys who checked out months ago ?

Still my point remains.

I admire anyone who is simple minded enough to say “Lundstram cost us the title”

Like without this journeyman Championship player we’d have won the title

Think there is a fair bit of hyperbole on here, but he must train really well, as he has been pish all season, sitting deep, behind the midfield, 50 sideways and backwards passes followed by an atrocious long ball to hide his stats. Be glad to see him away. Thank you, and goodbye

An SFA infested with enablers.
At least a dozen point swing to dodgy decisions.
Not investing in a striker in January.
Some bad luck with injuries.
Losing our most exciting player in years to a plastic pitch.
A good core of the squad not being able to step up in big games.

They had me believing for about a month though. Quadruple on including the away game of all away games in Dublin.

No, he didn't. He's been poor and was atrocious today. But the team was no good today. It isn’t on Lundstram alone.

Lundstram was on a purple patch and playing for a new contract.

When it became clear we wouldn't meet his demands, he's spat the dummy and reverted to type.

Good riddance.

Can't say he lost us the title but I will be glad to see the back of him in the summer. Hopefully our midfield will be much more athletic and dynamic next season

Motherwell at home in March cost us the league and set us on a downward trajectory.

We only won one league from then until 17th of April dropping seven points along the way.

Could argue injuries have hampered us but we should be beating Ross County and Dundee when in a title race.

I thought he was at fault for the first goal never even tried to track his man,as he done a few times in the game they just passed it round him like an empty shirt.
I don't think his heads been in it for a good few weeks and has been poor over all. Let us down badly today.

Lundstram was a disgrace today, but one game doesn't cost you the title. We did remarkably well to get back into contention after the mess that Beale left us in. Throwing away points after the last OF game is what ultimately cost us.

Lundstram cost us any chance of winning today, that is without doubt, but it is the collective group of players who've cost us the title once again with the results against the tims all season, Motherwell, Dundee and Ross County.

No one individual bears the responsibility for our 2nd place finish again but at least 5 of them should not be allowed a further season of delivering the same failures.

The guy is a myth amongst some of our support. They like the idea of John Lundstram being some sort of hard man who drives the team forward and pulls the strings.

The reality is he is a mediocre player who is not up to it, he doesn’t have the ability or physical presence to get us to a league title.

Said it since day dot, apart from the odd memorable moment, sub standard. You would be off your face on drugs to get this guy signed up for another 3 year.

A pathetic own goal. Dessers scores, celtic park silenced, their players look worried, then Lundstram flys in studs up into a challenge in a nothing area of the park and we are down to ten. Lundstram should be finished for the season at Rangers and any contract offer withdrawn. The guys a serial loser.
Totally sold the jerseys and that should be the end of his Rangers career now. Also dropped O’Riley and didn’t look arsed at all at the opener. It’s losers like that that need drained out

Did he throw Ross County and Dundee by himself then.
Both those games showed the heart that runs throughout this squad.
The sooner this season is over the better.

Lundstram did a Senderos - having a 'mare so deliberately got himself sent off to get off the pitch.
I got that feeling too. A couple of instances recently where a refs decision has went against him or we’ve lost a goal and he just looks like he couldn’t give a shit instead of moaning link %^*&.

Or it may be bullshit. Regardless, Can’t wait to never see him in a blue jersey again. Hopefully gone are the days we get to the point where we’re relying on OOC players in the business end of the season too.

He never cost us the league. He cost us the game.

Failing to beat Ross Co and Dundee cost us the league.

Let’s even add Motherwell at home in there.

We’ve only ourselves to blame.

He just doesn't give a %^*& and showed what type of character he is. Shouting at other people despite him being one of the worst on the park.

His stupid decision to put the ball in the net was bonkers. As a professional he genuinely just didn't care where he was putting that ball and could have done numerous other things not to score a fucking goal.

He then got himself sent off. Like he did in one of our euro games - rather than just ask to come off he'd rather put the team under pressure by getting himself sent off.

Should never be allowed to pull on a Rangers shirt again. Disgraceful performance and the sooner he buggers off to Turkey the better.

Giving Beale a ton of money completely unsupervised cost us the title.

Only reason we even got close this season is the yahoos are dreadful we’ve somehow found a level below that.

Cost us today but the title was almost gone anyway.
Can’t lose to Ross county and drop points at dindee

We are our own worst enemy!

I don’t think he got deliberately sent off as some are suggesting. He had an absolute shocker and his form hasn’t been great recently but was still a guaranteed start. This needs to change, it’s too late now but going forward no-one should be undroppable.

They’ve taken 10 out of a possible 12 points off us this season. That’s cost us also. We’re not really any better off than under Beale. Us getting back into contention is more down to them having a bad spell than us playing well under Clement.

1 point from 12 against them are bigger concerns than the odd slip up in the League, which happens to every side in every league in the World. Not laying a glove on your rivals for the title is more costly, there's a 24 point swing up for grabs each season and we never made any impact
It's a concern I 100% agree, but these games are always 50/50, if you can take care of the games you 'should' be winning, we would be right there at the end.

A pathetic own goal. Dessers scores, celtic park silenced, their players look worried, then Lundstram flys in studs up into a challenge in a nothing area of the park and we are down to ten. Lundstram should be finished for the season at Rangers and any contract offer withdrawn. The guys a serial loser.
He only put the final nail in the coffin.

I understand the rage, and he shouldn't play for us again. But the whole team cost us the title at ross county, dundee, motherwell at home.
This. As much as he was to blame today, the performances against Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee were unforgivable. That team collectively shat the bed.

Totally scunnered

I've said it for long enough, he's piss poor and pretty much has been during his entire tenure with us. Hopefully that's his last game in a blue jersey.

Get rid asap.

Cost us the game today and at Ross County. Essentially single handedly lost us the league.

No he didn't the title wasn't decided over 1 game it gets decided over 38 and not long ago he was carrying the team but today's performance was a giveaway

Momentum would’ve been with us, not hoping for a miracle. The players mindset would’ve been totally different from the off.

I don't share your optimism that we would have won or drawn today if the Ross County or Dundee games had been won.

Wouldn't go as far as that, league was already gone FFS.
Doesn't take away from the fact he's an idiot

Lundstram should never play for us again.

That wasn’t the only reason the league is gone though. 1pt from 12 against them, the start we gave them under Beale, then when we got back in front we took 1pt from 9 against Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee at the business end.

This team would have been one of the worst teams ever to win the league.

John Lundstram is not alone in costing us the title. A good number of them need moved on! This constant settling for the same players who perpetually bottle it is a fucking joke now!

Lundstram cost us the game today. He didn’t cost us the title. The damage was done weeks ago.

He's been the root of the malaise. Right back to the first minute v Motherwell when it was clear he couldn't be fucked. It's spread

He should be shown the door tonight and not welcomed back.

He put the final nail in the coffin, but we haven't been good enough over the course of the full season. Right from day one, losing at Killie, then at home to them and the sheep, all before the end of September. Nah, today, Ross County, Dundee all contributory factors, as were the big refereeing decisions in the OF games, particularly at Ibrox, but you win and lose the league over the full season.

He put in a MOTM performance for Celtic but we would’ve won the lottery getting a league title from this squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back