Lundstram negative league goals contribution in the League

Blu_ultra

Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield. Remarkable that Lundstram, a decent player in my opinion, is in negative goals in the league. He’s Scored 1 OG and not scored a league goal all season. By comparison, Luke McCowan at Dundee has 9. Negative goals for a Rangers central midfielder is not going to cut it.

Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield. Remarkable that Lundstram, a decent player in my opinion, is in negative goals in the league. He’s Scored 1 OG and not scored a league goal all season. By comparison, Luke McCowan at Dundee has 9. Negative goals for a Rangers central midfielder is not going to cut it.

Exactly
Diomande has more since Jan including missing some games

We are crying out for a goal scoring midfielder. We haven't had one since Barry Ferguson.

Hate to say it but you stick Lewis Ferguson in our team and he’d have more goals than our whole midfield.

To win the title back we need about 20 goals from our striker and then at least 10 from our wingers and a midfielder.

I hope Clement addresses this issue.

We prefer at points to try walk the ball into the net than shot.

Dundee will probably be playing more open games than our battle against 11 men camped outside the box for comparison.

Our midfield has been our single biggest issue. Dessers is on 21 goals without taking penalties, he's not been the issue. Our goal return from midfield and wingers is terrible and has been for a long time other than maybe Aribo and Sima. Then there's also the issue of the midfield not protecting the defence well enough, a decent midfield and our defensive problems disappear too in my opinion.

Last edited:
Our midfield has been our single biggest issue. Dessers is on 21 goals without taking penalties, he's not been the issue. Our goal return from midfield and wingers is terrible and has been for a long time other than maybe Aribo. Then there's also the issue of the midfield not protecting the defence well enough, a decent midfield and our defensive problems disappear too in my opinion.

Agree.

It’s astonishing to note that Dessers has 21 goals for us this season and that without any real quality support for him coming from wide positions or midfield.

Our defence also creak like crazy right in front of our goal, because they also get terrible protection from the midfield.

The goal threat and defensive record are all related to the midfield issue. It’s rotten. That’s the truth. It’s also why the scum run over the top of us in every game we play against them now. Control the middle of the park in an OF and you’ll more often than not end up on the right side of the result.

We absolutely must sort out that midfield mess and get a far better goal return from that area. We also need to get another striker weighing in with 15+ goals a season to partner either Dessers or a replacement striker who will match or better Dessers 20+ tally

I could be wrong but I imagine that is a first in 50+ years for a rangers centre mid first choice 11 to get 0 goals all season in the league. Even dross like mladenovic, Rae etc scored the odd goal.

For nothing. That’s Morelos, Kent, Jack, Borna and Lundstram that helped the club reach the Europa league final leaving on a free and Goldson very nearly joined them in that also.
Nobody has ever tried to buy Borna, Jack, Lundstram and Goldson (to the best of my knowledge). Although with hindsight Alfie and Kent was a mistake, I don’t blame the club holding on since the club were going for their first major honour in a decade, the earth would have ended if either of those two were sold at that point. There was still a chance thereafter to cash in but each of their form dropped off a cliff soon thereafter.

I’d rather we cut our losses with Lundstram than give a new contract, he’s not a good player and will not make us money so as well stopping throwing good money away after bad.

The position he plays, is he really expected to be scoring goals? Kevin Thomson wasn't exactly a prolific midfielder.
If you're singing he's the best on earth then asking for a few goals in Scottish football shouldn't be much to ask for. Hamish Mcalpine probably more prolific. I'll check that later.

We are crying out for a goal scoring midfielder. We haven't had one since Barry Ferguson.

Hate to say it but you stick Lewis Ferguson in our team and he’d have more goals than our whole midfield.

To win the title back we need about 20 goals from our striker and then at least 10 from our wingers and a midfielder.

I hope Clement addresses this issue.
Diomande can be that for us I reckon. Play him further forward and not as the sole midfielder dealing with whatever Lundstram thinks he's doing.

Callum McGregor has scored 2 goals in 42 matches this season.

Lundstram has scored 2 goals in 45 matches this season.

Both scored 5 last season 4 the season before that.

Stuart McCall scored 4 goals during his last 3 seasons for us.

Nobody's looking for John Lundstram to score 10 goals a season. His issues are more his dreadful passing and the fact he slows everything down. If he does get near the opposition box he plays the same pass to a striker facing away from goal on the edge of the dee with 3 or 4 defenders around him resulting in us losing the ball. He's a player we simply don't need.

Correct. Our centre mids need to be clocking double figures

He should never have started yesterday. Anyone who has watched Lundstram over the past three years could see that meltdown coming.
That is just absolute bollocks mate.
I get you want him out but just posting made up bullshit does not validate your point.

They play totally different midfield roles mate...but then you know that don't you.
And if you didn't i suggest another sport to watch.

They play totally different midfield roles mate...but then you know that don't you.
And if you didn't i suggest another sport to watch.
Thanks for the advice. If you read what I said: ‘Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield’. Lundstram is leaving apparently. We need to replace him with someone who will control games and contribute in the final third.

As a team we were negative on shots on target yesterday

Our players had more shots on target against Butland than Hart

big picture

Back