Lundstram negative league goals contribution in the League

You're right that you're struggling.
You've had to lie about me defending Lundstram.

Read your last line, that'll tell you what you need to know.

He hasn't scored a single league goal, therefore his league goal tally is ZERO.
It's not Minus One because negative goals isn't a thing.
If you don't score any goals but score one against yourself that's negative.

It means you would lose one nil hardly fúcking positive is it.

If you're not defending Lundstram you're doing a good impression of someone that would be.

If you don't score any goals but score one against yourself that's negative.

It means you would lose one nil hardly fúcking positive is it.

If you're not defending Lundstram you're doing a good impression of someone that would be.
If I am defending him, feel free to point it out. I believe my opening contribution to the thread, in a post that you've quoted is that his time is up.

Feel free to carry on with that delusion though.

What I am doing is stating the fact that you don't get negative goals in football.
Let's take this away from Lundstram, Rangers and even the league we play in.

Please show me anywhere, anything other than this thread, where negative goals is a stat.
Anything at all that takes a players goals scored and subtracts own goals to give his total.

If I am defending him, feel free to point it out. I believe my opening contribution to the thread, in a post that you've quoted is that his time is up.

Feel free to carry on with that delusion though.

What I am doing is stating the fact that you don't get negative goals in football.
Let's take this away from Lundstram, Rangers and even the league we play in.

Please show me anywhere, anything other than this thread, where negative goals is a stat.
Anything at all that takes a players goals scored and subtracts own goals to give his total.
Christ. He’s scored more goals against Rangers, than for Rangers this season. That better?

Nit picking over a completely valid point for %^*& knows what reason.

Christ. He’s scored more goals against Rangers, than for Rangers this season. That better?

Nit picking over a completely valid point for %^*& knows what reason.
He's scored twice for Rangers this season.

Accusing me of nit picking, on a thread that excludes Lundstams goals and invented a "stat" in order to have a dig is something else by the way.

Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield. Remarkable that Lundstram, a decent player in my opinion, is in negative goals in the league. He’s Scored 1 OG and not scored a league goal all season. By comparison, Luke McCowan at Dundee has 9. Negative goals for a Rangers central midfielder is not going to cut it.
Really like that wee McCowan. He was everywhere when we played them at Dens. Anyone know if he prefers us or them?

He's scored twice for Rangers this season.

Accusing me of nit picking, on a thread that excludes Lundstams goals and invented a "stat" in order to have a dig is something else by the way.
Those were in the Scottish cup, hence the OP’s title - “Lundstram negative league goals in the league” He said it twice for some reason B-D

Regardless I’m not going to get into a back and forth over John Lundstram with you. The guy has irritated me enough and is likely not to be a Rangers player for much longer, so not worth arguing with a fellow bear over.

Those were in the Scottish cup, hence the OP’s title - “Lundstram negative league goals in the league” He said it twice for some reason B-D

Regardless I’m not going to get into a back and forth over John Lundstram with you. The guy has irritated me enough and is likely not to be a Rangers player for much longer, so not worth arguing with a fellow bear over.
Fair enough mate.

I don't really want to argue over him either, I just instantly question the motives of these kind of things when we set a cut off to make your point fit.

We all agree he's not good enough and needs to be gone, which he will be soon enough.

Fair enough mate.

I don't really want to argue over him either, I just instantly question the motives of these kind of things when we set a cut off to make your point fit.

We all agree he's not good enough and needs to be gone, which he will be soon enough.
Fair play. I only made the point to illustrate in our bread and butter league games he hasn’t scored 1 goal. The main jist of the post was in the first 2 words ‘Looking forward’. When we’re looking to replace our midfielders we need to sign players who are more more composed and offer more in the final third.

Exactly
Diomande has more since Jan including missing some games

I wouldn't be throwing Diomande into the mix as a positive comparison mate.

His performances in his 2 old firm games have been woeful.

He hasn't laid a glove on their midfield and has regularly given up cheap possession, often in dangerous areas.

Looking forward - we need more dynamic players who contribute from midfield. Remarkable that Lundstram, a decent player in my opinion, is in negative goals in the league. He’s Scored 1 OG and not scored a league goal all season. By comparison, Luke McCowan at Dundee has 9. Negative goals for a Rangers central midfielder is not going to cut it.

Tbh mate, John Lundstram has scored 2 goals in all competitions this season for Rangers, which is exactly the same as Callum McGregor has for celtic.
Those stats are fairly average for deep central midfielders, so I do find it strange why you want to highlight this.

You use Luke McCowan as an example, but he's an attacking midfielder, more in the Matt O'Riley or Todd Cantwell mould.

The fact that O'Riley has 15 goals, McCowan 9 and Cantwell 6, is a far more concerning issue than our holding midfielder on 2 goals.

Since Sima's injury, the only 2 players who've scored goals consistently are Dessers and Tavernier.

There are plenty of attacking midfielders and wide forwards who's lack of goals and creativity should be getting questioned before John Lundstram's.

Tbh mate, John Lundstram has scored 2 goals in all competitions this season for Rangers, which is exactly the same as Callum McGregor has for celtic.
Those stats are fairly average for deep central midfielders, so I do find it strange why you want to highlight this.

You use Luke McCowan as an example, but he's an attacking midfielder, more in the Matt O'Riley or Todd Cantwell mould.

The fact that O'Riley has 15 goals, McCowan 9 and Cantwell 6, is a far more concerning issue than our holding midfielder on 2 goals.

Since Sima's injury, the only 2 players who've scored goals consistently are Dessers and Tavernier.

There are plenty of attacking midfielders and wide forwards whose lack of goals and creativity should be getting questioned before John Lundstram's.
That’s true, but Celtic have struggled this year and McGregor has been criticised by their support. Completely take your point about goals around the team.

That’s true, but Celtic have struggled this year and McGregor has been criticised by their support. Completely take your point about goals around the team.

Holding midfielders aren't judged on the goals they score though.

How many goals did Busquets score for Barca, Fernandinho for City?

Even Wilkins, Hemdani, Thomson, Davis and Jack for us, as examples?
None of them were regular goalscorers from the middle of the park.

You judge attacking midfielders by their goals and creativity, but that's not how you judge deeper lying midfielders.

I wouldn't be throwing Diomande into the mix as a positive comparison mate.

His performances in his 2 old firm games have been woeful.

He hasn't laid a glove on their midfield and has regularly given up cheap possession, often in dangerous areas.

When Phil came in, he said he didn't mind losing possession if it's from trying to be positive. The key thing was winning the ball back quickly and trying again.

Half the team seem to have stopped trying to win the ball back quickly and just jog about.

He did show flashes of potential and being the midfield general we needed but they were only fleeting glimpses. Fairly soon he reverted to Kamara levels of negative back passing and having the look of a man who wanted away. It’s to our absolute shame that we kept playing him, I could see it, we all could see it but the manager somehow decided he was the best available choice. Which of course if true is also to our absolute shame.

I genuinely believe that most players try their best but for some players who get their heads swayed by agent promises of a better life, they drop the ball and become husks of themselves. Lundstrum like Barasic and Kamara before them just believed their own hype and became about as much use to us as the raw hotdogs in the broomie.

You're right that you're struggling.
You've had to lie about me defending Lundstram.

Read your last line, that'll tell you what you need to know.

He hasn't scored a single league goal, therefore his league goal tally is ZERO.
It's not Minus One because negative goals isn't a thing.

He’s had a net negative effect on our goal difference. Technically, cost us two goals because it was against Celtic too.

Getting goals from some of our midfielders in recent years has proved difficult, Davis and Kamara clearly spring to mind. However to play as many league games as Lundstram has this season and not have one solitary goal is nothing short of disgraceful. It definitely adds to the list of reasons why he shouldn't be anywhere near Ibrox next season, nevermind the SC final in 11 days time.

Back