Lundstram red card.

If that was McGregor on one of our players we would be screaming for a red card
Of course we would but ,I doubt we would see one and lets not pretend that McGregor and Celtic players havent made similar tackles on our players at their dump and not seen a Red Card.

Without giving them undue praise, I don't think I can be too critical of most of the players today.

However, John Lundstram.......

At fault for first goal.
OG
then a stupid challenge - in a stupid area of the pitch!

Whether a red or not, the ref shouldn't go to a VAR monitor and see a still photo of the contact. Will always look worse. Normal speed - no stills.

Not sure how many games a red card gets. But if he’s back for the Scottish cup final he shouldn’t even be in the stands never mind the bench.

There's no way wee Wullie gives a red card if the roles were reversed,. A daft tackle all day long, but yellow for me.

I was watching Lundstram lazily jogging back just before Riley scored and I was shouting at the tv for him to close one of the mentally challengeds down, but he stepped off him, Riley gets the return pass and scores. To me, he was selling the jersey and making a statement to Clement, the Club and us the fans as if it no longer mattered to him.

As for the sending off, there was a clip of Sutton being ordered off at Ibrox during the week and the thread’s heading was that Sutton was looking to be sent off. Possibly, Lundstram had something similar in mind because his contract talks have seemingly stalled.

Gerrard signed him and played him regularly.

And all of a sudden we went from unbeaten and formidable to completely ordinary. That isn’t a coincidence.
Gerrard never played him regularly
Kamara Jack were mainstays

Reactions: dmg
I always worry about playing players who are out off contract,some players give everything to get a new contract other players go through the motions knowing their have decided their future lies elsewhere, Lundstram falls into the second category .

Rather ironic Steven McLean calling Collum to review after the 'tackle' by Nawrocki at Pittodrie which he let go and did not even give a foul another shitbag masonic ref!
I was thinking about this when the officials were announce. All if, buts and maybes, but that was a stonewall redbird, and may have led to them dropping 2 points.
It's evident that the Scottish refs are very, very reticent to officiate them correctly.

Posted missing at first , say no more at second n his red was a straight red and no need to do it, utter idiot

Anyone with eyes can see lundstram brings nothing to the team, he's slow lazy and brings the tempo of the team down. He wanted off the park making that tackle.

I’ve said before I didn’t want him to get another game after his performance in Cyprus.

Don’t want a ban so I’ll just say I’ll be delighted to see the back of him.

If by some inexplicable reason he gets kept, Rangers might as well sell up and lock the doors.

It was a Red card but, I honestly do not think Collum would have saw it as a Red card and sent a Celtic player off had it been rat face on JL!
Absolutely this.
We do not get the benefit of any decision where arguably it can go either way.
Couldn’t complain about red but not outrageous to suggest yellow can sometimes be given.
The pen where Collum ignored VAR is typical of that.

What Was the Dessers decision at Ibrox all about given the context of this.
Far less of a foul given as a penalty today.
Minimal contact today and a pen is for significant contact.

Someone in the match thread said Lundstram was “emblematic of our failures” and that’s it in a nutshell for me.

A passenger 80% of the season every season.

Shocking today

His stupidity and lack of effort at their 1st goal was a disgrace

No idea what he was doing for the OG

The tackle was a joke. With VAR nowadays you can’t get away with that type of challenge

He cost us today

No way would I play him again

Tell him he’s done and free to go now

I don't blame him today.

I don't blame him for being lazy, or not tracking his man or throwing a lazy leg in the box. I don't blame him for that stupid tackle when there was absolutely no need.

The reason I don't blame him is , he is a championship midfielder that is his level. He should never be on the field. He needed replaced after Seville , that's on Gio and Beale. Phil has had no option but to use him.

Back