Lundstram red card.

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
I watched the game with a good few folk - none of us, not with the bluest of blue tinted spectacles thought that was anything other than a straight red. He didn’t even get the ball. It was the Celtc players leg shooting forward that hit it. We were all amazed when ref showed a yellow and were actually laughing at the good fortune. It was a shocking challenge. A leg breaker.

Philippe rightly condemned it. He said ‘You don’t want to see those tackles in football’.

Personally, having watched the ‘tackle’ on Ian Durrant live and seeing the devastation it caused, I refuse to turn a blind eye on bad tackles even when it’s us dishing them out. It was a cowards challenge and one that could have easily broken the other players leg. Like the rest of Lundstram’s performance, it was rubbish and stupid.

The amount of people on this thread blaming Johnston or saying it’s his fault as he planted his foot and those who are saying it’s not a red card is embarrassing.

If the tackle was against us would you be blaming or saying it’s our players fault for planting his foot and would you be saying it’s only a yellow? No of course you wouldn’t.

It was a red card, pure and simple. And nobody else’s fault but Lundstrum. He was was an idiot for making that type of tackle and deserved the sending off
A very sensible post. The conspiracy nonsense goes too far at times. It's the easiest red card decision to make. To do that in that area of the pitch was lunacy, and probably the result of the frustration at the OG. The guy is not fit enough to play in high intensity games. I remember him hitting the deck after 20 mins at parkhead when they spanked us 4-0. I swear he hasn't been hit; he was absolutely fucked chasing shadows.

I don't think anyone is denying it's not a red

McGregor and fake Dane aren't getting sent off for that or any of their clan, that's my major issue with it
We are refereed to a different standard.
McGregor shouldnt even have played yesterday after his stamp last week , no Var check there though,carry ona

A very sensible post. The conspiracy nonsense goes too far at times. It's the easiest red card decision to make. To do that in that area of the pitch was lunacy, and probably the result of the frustration at the OG. The guy is not fit enough to play in high intensity games. I remember him hitting the deck after 20 mins at parkhead when they spanked us 4-0. I swear he hasn't been hit; he was absolutely fucked chasing shadows.

That easy a red card decision the ref gives a yellow.

Of course we would but ,I doubt we would see one and lets not pretend that McGregor and Celtic players havent made similar tackles on our players at their dump and not seen a Red Card.
With VAR, no player is getting away with that, irrespective of the jersey they're wearing.

Reminded me of when he first signed and got sent off in the first half in Europe when he clearly couldn't be arsed.

Been a flop for us. An unlikeable, lazy, flop.

Cheerio.
A flop implies he was better before coming to Ibrox but he was, and to this day remains, one of the most hated players on the Sheffield Utd fans forums. The fact he downed tools there whilst running down his contract suggested his modest ability was coupled with an unprofessional attitude. No doubt we will be looking at Bosman's to replace a few of our perennial bottlers. Hopefully we will have learned from this mistake.

Lol at the supposed Rangers fans on here.

All clambering over yourselves to get Gollum to overturn the yellow he awarded into a red during the VAR check were you, all in sake of doing the moral thing? How virtuous.

Now you can soothe yourselves by dreaming, saying things like "next time we might have a chance with 11 on the pitch", "if it was a sellick player done that to us, they'd have received a red card, too"

The more I see it, its like the non-red card at Easter Road.

Would Collum have sent off Calum McGregor for that challenge. ?

Not a hope in hell of that happening.

All clambering over yourselves to get Gollum to overturn the yellow he awarded into a red during the VAR check were you, all in sake of doing the moral thing? How virtuous.

Now you can soothe yourselves by dreaming, saying things like "next time we might have a chance with 11 on the pitch", "if it was a sellick player done that to us, they'd have received a red card, too"
Your defending the indefensible mate
The own goal and he was rank rotten before that

That easy a red card decision the ref gives a yellow.
Willie Collum is a dreadful ref.

Refs in general now tend to err on the side of caution and let VAR bail them out these days.

It was an easy red card decision, absolutely brainless from Lundstram

I’m not defending Lundstram here. All the rubbish about wanting off the park is embarrassing. Call his poor form into it or whatever. Even the own goal. That is total rubbish.

If he hadn’t been on the press, folk would call him lazy. The pass short to their RB was there to be pressed. We had just scored to make it 2-1 and there’s a pass from their gk 25 yards from goal. I’m pressing that all day long. And if anyone has watched it, their RB is not daft. He can see Lundstram coming. His foot is high but he’s not launched towards the player. Their RB has done something that none of our players would do and has took the hit. The idea Lundstram went in to smash him makes me wonder if anyone actually watched the game. Personal opinion of Lundstram aside, their RB bought that. If he doesn’t Lundstram nips in and gets there ahead of him.

Miller on comms was saying that but like those Tims on there and Boyd who wouldn’t have put himself in harms way like that, I get why Lundstram did that. At that point, he smelled blood. I’m not a massive fan of him but he went for it. Hes the guy who wanted off the pitch according to some.

Not much was said about souttar who disappeared at half time with his injury that no one seen. But its ok, just come off. Sweep that under the carpet the fact you didn’t want to come out second half. If Lundstram is getting crap for what he did then share the blame here. Guys who haven’t got the balls to stay on the pitch. He fvcked us just as bad as Lundstram did. No question.

I’m not defending Lundstram here. All the rubbish about wanting off the park is embarrassing. Call his poor form into it or whatever. Even the own goal. That is total rubbish.

If he hadn’t been on the press, folk would call him lazy. The pass short to their RB was there to be pressed. We had just scored to make it 2-1 and there’s a pass from their gk 25 yards from goal. I’m pressing that all day long. And if anyone has watched it, their RB is not daft. He can see Lundstram coming. His foot is high but he’s not launched towards the player. Their RB has done something that none of our players would do and has took the hit. The idea Lundstram went in to smash him makes me wonder if anyone actually watched the game. Personal opinion of Lundstram aside, their RB bought that. If he doesn’t Lundstram nips in and gets there ahead of him.

Miller on comms was saying that but like those Tims on there and Boyd who wouldn’t have put himself in harms way like that, I get why Lundstram did that. At that point, he smelled blood. I’m not a massive fan of him but he went for it. Hes the guy who wanted off the pitch according to some.

Not much was said about souttar who disappeared at half time with his injury that no one seen. But its ok, just come off. Sweep that under the carpet the fact you didn’t want to come out second half. If Lundstram is getting crap for what he did then share the blame here. Guys who haven’t got the balls to stay on the pitch. He fvcked us just as bad as Lundstram did. No question.
Souttar fecked us just as much as the guy who played a part in the first goal, scored an OG, then got sent off?

I’m really not sure he did.

Honestly feel bad for Lundstram. I kind of understand what he was trying to do, put a big 50/50 challenge in and feed some extra energy into the lads. We would've been buzzing if was clean but sadly and annoyingly didn't come off.

So bug eyes risked a broken ankle or leg just to get lundstram a red card, are you serious?

Sold the jerseys. There was absolutely no need to dive in like he did. He was also badly culpable for at least one and arguably both of their goals.
His head went after the own goal and should have been subbed as he had completely gone. Poor management also to blame.

Souttar fecked us just as much as the guy who played a part in the first goal, scored an OG, then got sent off?

I’m really not sure he did.
You’re probably one of the ones I mentioned that believes that Lundstram just wanted off the pitch then? Good to see you watched the first goal too, o’reilly runs off silva and borna is then standing off him. Lundstram was up against Forrest at that point.

All I’m saying is souttar who may have felt a niggle but didn’t want to come out second half. Not fancying it.

Again, not defending Lundstram about the OG but for the red if he doesn’t try to nip in ahead of Johnstone, guaranteed you’d be screaming at him to press.

It was the fastest I've ever seen the carthorse move, as he ploughed into Johnston's leg - shame he couldn't have shown that effort earlier. Regardless if it was meant or not, it was not the time to pull that sort of tackle.... maybe in the dying seconds and we're getting pumped. To do it then, was as you would expect from him and his attitude - he has never been a good tackler, just slow and a foul waiting to happen.

We'll be a lot better off with this liability gone.

You’re probably one of the ones I mentioned that believes that Lundstram just wanted off the pitch then? Good to see you watched the first goal too, o’reilly runs off silva and borna is then standing off him. Lundstram was up against Forrest at that point.

All I’m saying is souttar who may have felt a niggle but didn’t want to come out second half. Not fancying it.

Again, not defending Lundstram about the OG but for the red if he doesn’t try to nip in ahead of Johnstone, guaranteed you’d be screaming at him to press.
Naw, I’m really not one that think Lundstram wants off the pitch, but thanks for assuming that.

He made a terrible tackle and was rightly sent off. And that was after a needles OG, and playing his part in the first.

It was an absolute howler of a game from him.

You also have no idea about Souttar, you are making it up, strangely, for god only knows what reason.

The manager himself said Lundstram is prob frustrated and trying to hard , for all the players faults,and there are many i cant argue with that,i dont think effort and commitment is among them.

It says more aput the rest of the squad if so many managers cant see past Lundstram,reality is the manager prob sees him as best of a bad bumch who always makes himself available.

Naw, I’m really not one that think Lundstram wants off the pitch, but thanks for assuming that.

He made a terrible tackle and was rightly sent off. And that was after a needles OG, and playing his part in the first.

It was an absolute howler of a game from him.

You also have no idea about Souttar, you are making it up, strangely, for god only knows what reason.
You trying to say he meant the og? I don’t think any og is needed. And watch the first again look at borna and silva if you want to play the blame game.

The tackle as I said, was not trying to smash their RB he’s clearly trying to get to a shorted pass by their gk to him. He’s caught him how he has and has been sent off. Fair enough. There was a few howlers there yesterday.

What I’m saying on souttar is coming off at half time, 2-1 down at Parkhead down to 10 men really begs the question of his mentality too. If he plays again this season then I think that’ll answer the question for us.

Reminded me of when he first signed and got sent off in the first half in Europe when he clearly couldn't be arsed.

Been a flop for us. An unlikeable, lazy, flop.

Cheerio.
The signs were there mate. I think he is only interested in his wages

Yesterday was a shitebag performance. I would have had more respect for him if he faked an injury to get subbed

But McGregor is shite according to most folk on here?

Most folk views on here are irrelevant, he has been influential in so many games against us it doesnt bear thinking about, why wasnt var used the week before and red card issued is the pount i was trying to make..

A clear red.

Only reason I thought the yellow was given was on the basis he got the ball. Then I seen the replay & you know he's gone.

Just another in a long line of his failures in a rangers strip

Hate to be proven right but I've been a constant critic of Lundstram & have always said he's one of our biggest problems. Felt like I was in the minority & certain posters were always dismissive but afraid to say I've been proven 100% correct.

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
It's a stone cold red card.

Miller was talking pish.

100 yards from his own goal, a shite right back facing the wrong way, sprints 20 yards and goes in studs up with an ankle breaker.

Lundstram is an absolute clown.

Best you stop embarrassing yourself any further.

My first thought on seeing it and him getting a yellow was we'd got away with one, followed very quickly by realising "oh f**k, VAR"

It was a red. I don't believe he did it to get out of the game; he'd just lost the plot. Not the first player to do something nuts in an old firm game.

I think he’s being cute (sly cute rather than actually cute) - big contract coming up somewhere else and wanting to ensure that an injury doesn’t wreck it? Rather than obviously chuck it or make himself look bad he’s opted for the sending off hoping everyone thinks he’s a hero for landing one on McGregor. The 2 game ban means he’s back for the glamour game but without the risk of the other hammer throwers in the league.

He should never feature in a Rangers squad again. I’d release him today - if for no other reason than the show the rest of the squad what is and isn’t acceptable at Rangers. This group of players have been indulged and spoilt, rewarded greatly for failure. A message showing the other side of the spectrum might raise the stakes for them a bit.

His lack of surprise and lack of any sort of protest shows that he knew *exactly* what he was doing. IMO it’s cost us the game, not that it matters to Lunstram.

To suggest that Lundstrum doesn't realise what he's done or that he doesn't regret it just reflects the angry irrational madness that surrounds us losing.

He gets, we get it and I think we all expect him to leave.

If Lundstrum hadn't have hit form under PC then the league would have been done a month ago or longer.

There was clearly a time on here the only two players in contention for POTY was him and Butland. Butland has obviously been an easy winner in the end.

The fact we focus utterly on negatives , forget anything positive doesn't exactly make PC's job any easier.

Hardly takes a genius to work it out. Plays him every minute of every game no matter what and has consistently said so in interviews.

“Philippe Clement believes 'there's a lot of love from both sides' as he expressed his confidence that John Lundstram will extend his contract at Rangers.”

May be a deflection.
How would it look if he’d said, if it were true, “John and the club can’t agree on new contract details just now but I still need to play him because …”.

To suggest that Lundstrum doesn't realise what he's done or that he doesn't regret it just reflects the angry irrational madness that surrounds us losing.

He gets, we get it and I think we all expect him to leave.
will be interesting to see the reaction of a Turkish support if he does go there and does similar (assuming he goes there)

certainly won't be a bunch of people whinging on a website

I’ve been a big supporter of Lundstram for a long time. I always felt he was unfairly criticised, but that yesterday was a disgrace. He knows he’s had a howler at the own goal and tried to make up for it by acting the hard man. Unforgivable and hopefully that’s the last we’ll see of him and many others
Worst performance there since Barton

Mate it was a straight red. Accept it

Red card aside something that has bothered me for a while now was when the manager came in, he wanted us to stop the “shit lateral passes” why then has he persisted with this carthorse?

Absolute madness to fly into a tackle like that, especially in that area of the pitch. You expect more composure from your leaders, but it was yet another old firm game where he was slow to react and watched his man run by him several times.

He’s not mobile enough for what we need and he’s had about one good old firm game in his time here. He just isn’t what we need, slows the pace down when we’re in possession and seems easy to play against.

Back