Lundstram

I’m old enough to remember never to make a knee jerk opinion about a player. 6 months/20 games in yes. He’s decent no doubt about it.
I'm the same mate. Made the same mistakes too often. I look back at when I especially went on about how poor gary stevens and mark hately were.

The following season I had signed up for the tail between the legs loyal.

This may explain why I've never made a living out of football betting, in fact I mostly run at a loss with the occasional bonus.

I'm the same mate. Made the same mistakes too often. I look back at when I especially went on about how poor gary stevens and mark hately were.

The following season I had signed up for the tail between the legs loyal.

This may explain why I've never made a living out of football betting, in fact I mostly run at a loss with the occasional bonus.
I remember singing the Ally Ally gtf chant. To my eternal shame. Later learning even at a very poor level relatively, it does take time to adjust to a new club

What a turnaround in this guy. Playing with such confidence and so assured at times.

However I’m delighted he wasn’t motm. Not a good sign if your holding midfielder is motm 4/5 games in a row!

I remember singing the Ally Ally gtf chant. To my eternal shame. Later learning even at a very poor level relatively, it does take time to adjust to a new club
I'm going tbf to myself here mate. I was at that game, but never sang. His form was poor at the beginning, but i always liked him and I've said before, thank feck he has thick skin.

His turning point was when big jock Wallace came back and he got the hat trick against the tims in the LC final.

Him and hately are by far the best partnership I've seen at Rangers and the both of them at Leeds that night is still strong in the memory.

Some of the OTT posts by morons on here after the Malmo defeat were utterly ridiculous & prove that a huge number of folk in our support know nothing about Football.

I'm going tbf to myself here mate. I was at that game, but never sang. His form was poor at the beginning, but i always liked him and I've said before, thank feck he has thick skin.

His turning point was when big jock Wallace came back and he got the hat trick against the tims in the LC final.

Him and hately are by far the best partnership I've seen at Rangers and the both of them at Leeds that night is still strong in the memory.
Like I said I’m ashamed but in my defence I was only about 12. Though he was struggling. That hat trick propelled him to a level he didn’t look capable of and some. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love the man for everything he’s done.

Didn’t want us to sign him , and was a shocker against Malmo twice and also the game he got sent off , however he has completely turned it around , so I’m happy to be continually proved wrong

It was always going to take time to get himself accustomed to his new teammates and the way we play. Now he has had that he is showing how good he is. As good as Kamara, Davis, Jack and the rest of our midfielders are I think come the end of the season he will be the best midfielder at the club.

Yes, I wanted to sell him after Dundee United, looked like a huge mistake.

He's stepped up and he really gets it, long term replacement for Davis

A move to a new club, a new country and a new league under normal circumstances can be difficult but doing so under covid restrictions must be at least doubly so.
Many a great player has found it difficult to adjust to what's required as a Rangers player and some have even failed to live up to that requirement.
The fact that Lundstram has acquitted himself so quickly under difficult circumstances speaks volumes for his quality.
He'll be a top player for us for a few years to come!

I was one of many who totally underestimated him when he first signed. I was completely wrong, the guy is settling in well and makes a great contribution.

Actually beginning to rate him more than Davis a bit for the central role, just his movement with the ball and the cute passes he pulls off drilled into feet are so effective to how we play where the high floaty ball Davis tries just always seems to fail for me

Some of the OTT posts by morons on here after the Malmo defeat were utterly ridiculous & prove that a huge number of folk in our support know nothing about Football.
Sorry still not 100% convinced.
When he starts dominating consistently, especially in Europe, against better opposition, and proves that he should be ahead of Kamara, Davis, and Jack, when he returns, even Arfield…then I will be happy to sing his praises.
Decent squad player for now.

Just my opinion.

I'm really liking Lundstram now and feel we now have that longer term Davis replacement. He isn't Davis but gives us a bit more strength, pace and swagger in that role.

Sorry still not 100% convinced.
When he starts dominating consistently, especially in Europe, against better opposition, and proves that he should be ahead of Kamara, Davis, and Jack, when he returns, even Arfield…then I will be happy to sing his praises.
Decent squad player for now.

Just my opinion.
He's been our dominant, most consistent midfielder for weeks.

Would love to see him do those driving runs forward a lot more because he is sensational when he is on it.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me now.

This is what happens when you allow people to get up to speed in new surroundings new team mates new style of play etc , I knew the big man was more than good enough he will absolutely stroll it up here , what I also love about him is his passing he when he’s making a pass it’s with speed and normally in front of a player none of this slow barely making it to someone and behind the player.

What a turnaround in this guy. Playing with such confidence and so assured at times.

However I’m delighted he wasn’t motm. Not a good sign if your holding midfielder is motm 4/5 games in a row!

Tbf he wasn't playing holding mid tonight, with Davis back in the side.

As you say though, what a turnaround.

Those on here who were judging and abusing him, after just a handful of games, have ended up looking ridiculous and talking absolute pish, as per usual.

Going about his business now, think he will become a consistent 7/8 outta 10 type player with the occasional stormer.

I think he will get even better as the season goes on and he really gets comfortable being here. It was a very slow start for him, but you feel week by week he’s improving and right now he can’t be dropped.

Best player on the park alongside Aribo.

That’s five starts, four MotM awards and he could easily have pipped Aribo to it last night.

Right foot, left foot - his distribution is equally as solid. He retains possession. He keeps the ball moving and he can carry the ball forward and get us up the park.

Definitely starting to look the part. And not scared to have a shot from outside the box which we've definitely been missing.

I said pre season he looked a cracking player and was shocked when his form dipped so badly, I'm pleased to see him turn it around so quickly.

He has steadily improved since he came on against Ross county and was fantastic in both tonight and Saturdays first halfs
More to come from him as for some it isn't easy to adjust your game to play up here

And last night showed both Davis and Lundstram can play together.

We didn’t miss Kamara - the midfield trio stepped it up. Brøndby may have been average but the midfield turned up.

He has established himself in the starting 11 now, a great turnaround in a short period of time from his malmo sending off.

He makes himself available to defence and attack and can carry the ball forward with pace and power. My favourite attribute is his fast, accurate passing to feet through small gaps in the opposition that others in the team wouldn't normally gamble with and usually opt for safe pass instead.

He really is coming good for us and long may it continue. Looks a very good player at the moment and I am sure he still has more to offer.

My only gripe with his performance last night was when he was bombing down the wing in the second half, could have put the ball into the box as we had players there. Yet he stopped and cut it back, and it ended up back in our defence.

Back