Lundstram

No game time again last night.If he can’t get a game ahead of Sands then surely his time must be up.

Not going to have a pop at Sands, as he's just joined us and his game is clearly about breaking up play and retaining possession, as opposed to the creative side of the midfield.

However, it was telling tonight that Kamara, Sands, Arfield and even Ryan Jack, got on the park ahead of him.

When Davis returns from injury, he be could even further down the pecking order.

His ridiculous wage if correct will be the reason that we will be struggling to get him out the door

How exactly has he been a poor signing? A bad start, yes. He’s probably had more MOTM awards than any member of our team.
bit of a contradictory post there , for every motm award theres been a mistake sometimes leading to a loss of a goal , he slows down play , passes are generally safe and he simplt doesnt seem to fit with our style of play

if the rangers manager is picking a newly arrived signing (who isnt a natural DM) over lundstram , who is one of the highest earners , that tells its own story

Would be amazed if we are not very actively trying to move him on. If he can’t play when half the team are out there is no hope for him.

Maybe Gio sending a message that he should take any offers available to him

The Dutch want players to be comfortable on the ball in any area of the park. Footballers.

Lundstram has said before he is used to playing in teams that are set up to keep him away from the ball.

Wouldn't be a shock if GVB and his team have had one look at him and decided it isn't going to work. I expect him to leave by the summer at the latest. He isn't getting a look in.

was amazed that he didn't bring Lundstram on instead of Jack. Don't get me wrong, I was delighted Jack got minutes, but with it being one nil and him looking to shore things up, I assumed it would be Lundstram coming. Think that indicates he's done.

If someone comes in for him and offers to take him off the wage bill with no fee then why not

If a player has 2 or 3 years left on a good contract, he won't walk out the door without a large percentage of his contract getting paid up.

That's how it works.

Anyway, he's a player that was performing well enough in the EPL recently, so I'd imagine his stock will still be fairly high down south.

We should still get a reasonable fee for him.

Manager obviously wants to play his own signing but on the 2 showings so far from Sands, Lundstram should have started ahead of him. Lundstram hasn't been great but has done a hell of a lot more than sands

For the moment I'd be happy for a team to take him on loan. If he leaves they have cover his wages. In my opinion it's not so much of get a fee as ensure rangers aren't left picking up a chunk of wages.

I know he's on decent money but I do think a team will be prepared to give him pretty decent money down south. Its not really happened for him here but I don't think the entire championship will forgotten that he coped at Premier league level for last two seasons.

How can you say that ffs. He was a Premier League player and a stand out the year Sheff Utd had a great season. I think if he's giving game time then he'll come good. To say it was absolutely mad to sign him is an absolutely mad comment
A stand out at Sheffield United but cant get a game v Livingston. That tells you all you need to know. Get rid and bring in better

He has to go. Cant have somebody on his wages that doesn't command an automatic starting spot
Have to agree!

I personally think he should have started our last 2 league games, but if he's not going to play we can't have a top earner not contributing so he has to go.

Manager obviously wants to play his own signing but on the 2 showings so far from Sands, Lundstram should have started ahead of him. Lundstram hasn't been great but has done a hell of a lot more than sands
Cmon mate, Sands has played twice. Certainly hasn’t set the world on fire but he was threw in against Aberdeen away and he played last night in atrocious conditions. Wee bit early to judge him IMHO. He may or may not work out but I suspect we all realise that Lundstram isn’t going to work out.

What was also telling was Gios post match comments on the midfield.

Shows how far out of things Lundstram is. Honestly think he will be out the door on Monday, probably on loan.

Our problem is that teams are aware we are desperate to offload him now and will wait until nearer the end it window to make loan offers covering very little if his wages.

Our only hope is there is enough interest late on that we can start to negotiate a bit.

He'd do a good job in the Championship or suit the style of play with someone like Norwich.

If we get him and Bacuna shifted in the next few days and that allows another purchase in a key position then we're laughing.

Not going to have a pop at Sands, as he's just joined us and his game is clearly about breaking up play and retaining possession, as opposed to the creative side of the midfield.

However, it was telling tonight that Kamara, Sands, Arfield and even Ryan Jack, got on the park ahead of him.

When Davis returns from injury, he be could even further down the pecking order.
I’m not sure Lundstram has had much of an opportunity. He has been in and out but that said, Managers see training and so see much more than we we do.

Not sure of his best position and we have played him in several roles, when he has played.

Some games he has performed well but it looks like he will be moved on.

I think we need to try and get him sold sooner rather than later, before his stock plummets further. At the moment, I'd imagine a Championship club would be able to offer £1m+ but the longer he plays a bit part the less likely that becomes.

Expecting a very busy last day in the transfer window with up to 4 players leaving and hopefully 4 new faces coming in - fingers crossed or am I dreaming. Good chance Lundstrum will be one of those.

Van Bronkhorst has had a look and obviously doesn't rate the guy. We are clearly looking to get him off the wage bill now and I strongly suspect there's a few deals hinging on wether we can make this happen or not.

Cmon mate, Sands has played twice. Certainly hasn’t set the world on fire but he was threw in against Aberdeen away and he played last night in atrocious conditions. Wee bit early to judge him IMHO. He may or may not work out but I suspect we all realise that Lundstram isn’t going to work out.
Going by that logic Sands only has 8 starts and 11 subs appearances left before we decide if he good enough to keep!

I'm not slating Sands btw, I believe he is a project type of player but he hasn't come in and shown anything in his 2 appearances to say he is gonna be a nailed on starter yet Lowry has played 2 games and shown real quality in both.

Both are different types of players but with Sands I'm looking at his positional sense and of passing, he certainly has the 5 yard pass in his locker

As thing stand I would be surprised if he is still here by close of day Monday. Personally I think he could still do a job for us in the short term as Sands to me looks like he may take some time to settle. Anyway either way I wish Lundstram all the best, he is nowhere near as bad as some on here have made out.

Bit of luck might get him out door over the weekend , I seen on other thread that English leagues cant’t sign any players from Europe after today(maybe tomorrow) due to brexit, so when other targets out of reach they may turn to lundstrum …… down side to that clubs may turn to some of our better players :confused:

Back