Lundstram

I have no idea why he is regarded as a senior player and have had a wee sabbatical on here before for my opinions on lundstrum so you csn imagine they are quite strong.

As for senior player the radiator in my hall has more personality and charisma then he does

Seems to be carrying a weight around with him for some reason. Has there been a falling out, or has the boys contract negotiations not gone the way he had hoped? I look at him and he seems disinterested and well frankly a bit vacant.

Nearly put my boot through the telly on Thursday when on 87 mins and we were chasing the game he played backwards for the 100th time.

I’m a bit sick of him if truth be told. Hope the manager has given him a boot up the arsepiece or drops him for Sundays game. That said he might be better suited to a team like hearts who won’t put 10 in the box.

Did Gerrard see him as a 6? I thought he was signed to be the athletic box to box player we were missing at the time.

He’s never a 6 and think he only ended up there due to Davis and Jack injuries

He was a 6 at the end of his Sheff Utd time. Didn't have the engine nor ability to take the ball in tight areas to play as a 8. Tried to reinvent as a no.6 but ultimately didn't have the passing range nor positioning to make it work. Hence why he sought an exit & downed tools.

I bet he ends up getting a new deal tbh. Will be the first serious mistake from Clement if he does

He was a 6 at the end of his Sheff Utd time. Didn't have the engine nor ability to take the ball in tight areas to play as a 8. Tried to reinvent as a no.6 but ultimately didn't have the passing range nor positioning to make it work. Hence why he sought an exit & downed tools.

I bet he ends up getting a new deal tbh. Will be the first serious mistake from Clement if he does

We will never be able to play good football with lundstram playing there.

I think when he spoke about not being able to bait the press prefer pittodrie he was meaning him specifically

The contract situation is something the club and Koppen need to really sort out and quickly. We’re paying huge wages on average players with long deals. It has to change.

He has 3 wins in 12, one of which was the helander 1-0 game he got 15 mins as sub. The 3-0 at end of season and then the extra time game his only wins.

3 draws

6 defeats

As I suspected. Utterly abysmal. Clearly not all on him, but he is meant to be our midfield linchpin.

He’s maybe worth £10k week as a midfield jobber to cover for injury and play substitute but no way is he worth the £30k he’s looking for

A new deal for Lundstram is a sign that there is no appetite for success. Goldson and Tavernier will remain too, all 3 as starters, and we’ll be having this exact same level of discourse this time next year, likely a lot earlier.

What’s the point?

How? Tell me pal. You think his performances recently are acceptable? He's a disgrace and I won't be told otherwise. A long way short of what is acceptable at Rangers. He can't be bothered, it's written all over him.
I’m not your pal and anyone who knows anything about football could see he needs support in midfield . He’s not a great player but he’s the least of our problems.

I’m not your pal and anyone who knows anything about football could see he needs support in midfield . He’s not a great player but he’s the least of our problems.
"Not great players" have got no place at this football club. He's lazy and I suspect he's been told he's not part of the clubs plans and is going through the motions. His performances recently have been disgraceful. I hope this new contract story is nonsense.
We'll agree to disagree, I won't stoop to your level and throw around insults behind a keyboard.

Last edited:
For me we need some more dynamic players in midfield than Lundstrum. His age, his slower style and wages all go against him now. There are rumours that the team were told a few weeks ago, who was in Clements’s plans for next season and who wasn’t. To me if this is true, then it explains the sudden drop off in form from the team and Lundstrum. As it’s been said on here we wouldn’t give him the length of contract/wages he wanted.

Doesn’t seem the wisest move imo to inform players they have no future with us going into last 8 games or so.

But again if true, surely any manager would then drop those players from squad, as you couldn’t honestly rely on them to keep performances up.

I like Lundstrum and he’s had some good and great moments with us. But he’s inconsistent and performances drop off at times in past seasons and now.

At Dundee, it’s not just that he had a poor game, there was no enthusiasm in anything he did, no drive/hunger.

To me it does look like he knows he’s gone and he’s given up.

Seems to be carrying a weight around with him for some reason. Has there been a falling out, or has the boys contract negotiations not gone the way he had hoped? I look at him and he seems disinterested and well frankly a bit vacant.

Nearly put my boot through the telly on Thursday when on 87 mins and we were chasing the game he played backwards for the 100th time.

I’m a bit sick of him if truth be told. Hope the manager has given him a boot up the arsepiece or drops him for Sundays game. That said he might be better suited to a team like hearts who won’t put 10 in the box.
He's not being good

But the ball playing back part on wed was rediculous up front we basically had 4/5 players playing hide and seek behind Dundee players

Absoloutly no movement or runners Improved a little when mcausland came on and was then allowing tav to go wide

Can just see him jogging alongside Goldson tomorrow, getting a wee 2 yard pass then swinging the big leg as if he’s Franz Beckenbauer passing it a yard either side of him, rarely crossing the halfway line.

We are on a destructive path, I had real hope Clement was going to be the saviour but alarm bells are ringing after the past couple of weeks.

Under no circumstances whatsoever should Lundstram be given a new deal, if Clement thinks he should then we are completely effed for the foreseeable.

Back