Lundstrum was a stand out today.

One real positive is I thought he bossed the game until Balogun decided to have a meltdown and put the whole team on the back foot.

His pace of pass was superb and I wish more would use the ball and pass it with purpose like him.

MOTM by a distance for me and a real positive from today.
I gave him MOTM.
Up until Davis came on he was superb.
As someone pointed out, the balance when both are on isn't right and probably it affects both of them.
Someone also pointed out that he was beginning to blow near the end.

MOTM easily today and could have been the last few games also. I was worried about who we would get to replace Davis next season but we may have him already.

I gave him MOTM.
Up until Davis came on he was superb.
As someone pointed out, the balance when both are on isn't right and probably it affects both of them.
Someone also pointed out that he was beginning to blow near the end.

Wanting to occupy the same areas and neither doing so would be my guess mate but I agree the balance is off when both play

he has came up to speed with the game up here, and his fitness has improved

a lot sharper and faster than he was

Completely different player since Davis was dropped and he was allowed to play the deeper role. Looked like a contest winner prior to it, now he's absolutely strolling it. Struggle to understand why the two of them can't coexist in the same midfield however.

Big man's made me eat my words, really coming on to a game atm.

Looks like we've found our long term Davis replacement, so at least that's 1 position we won't need to worry about next summer.

He now looks like a player I thought that we were buying.
It is good to see because I’ve now got confidence that he will run games and we have the successor to Davis, the reason he was brought in.

I thought our midfield looked excellent today until the changes. Lundstram the best player on the park by some distance.

It is in both boxes we need to sharpen up

Completely turned it around from the start of the season.

I’d written his off to be honest but he’s been excellent recently and was easily the best player on the pitch for 70 minutes.

He was a powerhouse in that midfield we just need his teammates to start pulling there weight although I enjoyed watching aribo today

Really starting to look like the midfielder we’ve been crying out for.

How refreshing is it to see one of our players have a dig from that range ? Great technique.

From what i seen of him he was great. What i mean by that is the wee bawbag with the grey jumper in cd5 that spent the entire game jumping about and waving his hat shouting alot of sh!te. Enjoy the game of course but when youre obstructing other peoples view it needs calmed down a few notches

What's weird is people ignoring mistakes from players because it doesn't suit their point.

He played well, scored a cracking goal but if it were some better finishing from Hearts would be at fault for a goal.
But it wasn’t a goal so it’s not an issue this week, he was head and shoulders above everyone today.

I didn't think anyone really stood out in the last 20mins when the game was crying out for someone to take a grip of it, hopefully later in the season as he gets stronger Lundstrum will be that man

I thought he was excellent today and a leader. Only thing I would say is I think his fitness still needs work as he was clinging on the last 20 minutes.

Lundstram’s post match interview very telling. He’s pissed off, a game we should be winning. Stinging. He takes little positives from the game despite him scoring a screamer because we didn’t win. I don’t think John will be shy in telling his team mates that they need to up their standards. I like him a lot.

One other thing I noticed -- in the second half, as Borna was holding the ball just before taking a throw-in, Lundstram trotted over to him and had a fairly lengthy talk to him, with associated hand directions.

Effectively operating as the central captain that the team needs.

Although some of his heading is still awful, he has a real eye for a pass, whether it's a through ball, a sweeping crossfield ball, a simple short ball, or a disguised pass to an attacking team-mate (of which he did at least two today that I saw).
Not afraid to come forwards with the ball when it opens up for him too. And have a shot of course!

tbh, it's ridiculous that we're even having to highlight such things in him -- ALL of our midfielders should be doing this.

One real positive is I thought he bossed the game until Balogun decided to have a meltdown and put the whole team on the back foot.

His pace of pass was superb and I wish more would use the ball and pass it with purpose like him.

MOTM by a distance for me and a real positive from today.
Agree up to the point Mackay ran past him.
He was done at that point. That’s a worry as he had no international games.

He was excellent today he got a bit tired near the end and I thought aribo was excellent as well I would have kept him on

Showed a real determination today to drive rangers forward was motm by a distance wish some of our players could turn around their form like him

Back