MacLennans Open Letter to Clubs - More Veiled Threats

Wokster

Official Ticketer
In an open letter sent to clubs McLennan said: "Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer, as more than 5 per cent of the membership, are together entitled to call for an EGM to consider their resolution.

"That is their right under SPFL articles and company law.

"Accordingly, on Monday evening, the SPFL issued notice of an EGM, which will be held at 11am on Tuesday 12 May by Zoom video conference.

"Eight of the nine members of your board of directors believe the demand for such an open-ended, hugely time consuming and expensive investigation, carried out by a senior QC, to be wholly unnecessary, inappropriate and contrary to the interests of the company."

He wrote: "When the forensic investigation team at Deloitte completed its work, its report included nothing whatsoever to suggest any improper behaviour or impropriety by anyone.

"As your independent, non-executive chairman, I am entirely satisfied with the rigorous process that your board undertook in putting the SPFL directors written resolution to members. It was the product of several weeks of intensive work – using the best medical, scientific, governmental and legal advice to devise a way forward for the game in an unprecedented set of circumstances.

"Ultimately however, it is for you, the member clubs of the SPFL, to decide whether you wish the time of our staff and board members, and your money, to be spent on the exercise now sought by Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer, without Rangers having made available to the company or to SPFL clubs any of the evidence which they claim is in their possession.

"You are now being invited, by each of them, to commit the SPFL Limited to uncapped expenditure on an investigation, without defined boundaries, into the SPFL board and its executive team, as well as a range of matters related to a resolution which achieved a 80 per cent plus agreed return.

"All at a time when we have had no detail or evidence whatsoever of what it is the directors, appointed by you, and our senior employees are alleged to have done ‘wrong’.

"If Rangers had been prepared to make available this alleged evidence, then the investigation could have considered that material and could have directly addressed the issue(s) which are said to be causing that club so much apparent concern.

"At this hugely challenging time, distractions, scapegoating and sideshows are our enemy. We currently have a very small executive team comprising only five senior members of staff who are working tirelessly in the interests of Scottish football. Two of them are the subject of unexplained calls for their suspension.

"I therefore sincerely hope that I and your board of directors can rely on your support so that we can be allowed to focus completely on helping all clubs survive the crisis caused by Covid-19, rather than spending extensive and unproductive time and expense on rebutting unknown allegations against directors and long-standing and hard-working members of the SPFL team."

From the Record

Two letters in two days with emphasis on the cost of an investigation. Given the current uncertainty on when we will see crowds at football again and how that will affect clubs finances, it is clear that cost is the tactic they are using which will ultimately lead to us going it alone. It is an absolute farce.

Partick have a already proved they had a case, but financial restraints prevented them from taking it further.

Basically, it is open season for these charlatans, as they know they can basically make the rules up as they go along to the detriment of who they want, without any comeback.

They are a right shower of corrupt bastards, any dirty trick in the book to make us look like the bad guys, the SPFL are absolute masters of this.

I would say that if the governing body of the sport in this country cannot afford an investigation then surely they are clearly unfit for purpose. Surely any governing body should have funds available for such scenarios. They must on the brink, financially. That'll be a direct result of being run by a bunch of crooks.

He forgets it is now 3 executives that we want gone, also were clubs notified of the costs Deloitte charged for their 'investigation' the way they seem so scared about QC costs? Perhaps because it was mates rates!
He still hasn't answered any of our questions put to him directly! Almost like he's a diseased 19th Century Terrorist Scottish former politician

Let me just say, if Rangers do not have proper evidence of wrongdoing beyond that already in the public domain, I won’t be happy either. I hope and expect they do have but if not this will, rightly, backfire on us.
It's not for us to decide if the evidence is proper, that is why it's an independent investigation we have asked for. Rangers just seem to be sat on some tasty info. Tasty enough that they asked for the immediate suspension of 2 of the executives. Hang tight mate, the dossier looks like it will pack a punch and if it doesn't it doesn't but there will be enough dirty linen out in the public domain that will darken Scottish football forever

Reminds me of this guy in March 2015 walking through Glasgow airport shouting about Nomads and South African courts.

_81424999_derek_llambias1.jpg

There is no way our proposal is getting voted through at the EGM. The SPFL are already hard at work to influence clubs to vote it down. They just love a bit of financial blackmail don’t they.

Provided our evidence is solid enough, it’s going to court.

Let me just say, if Rangers do not have proper evidence of wrongdoing beyond that already in the public domain, I won’t be happy either. I hope and expect they do have but if not this will, rightly, backfire on us.
I’ve thought about the possible strength of our evidence and I really do think that it has to be very good at least, far beyond what’s public domain at the minute, for Rangers to have gone “all in” on this.

If we get to a “is that all you’ve got” scenario we will be ridiculed so I’m happy to think they have legal/expert advice that they’re ‘going places’ with what they have.

Dear Murdo

As costs are an issue, and many of your staff are furloughed through Government payment, can't you ask Doncaster to release £50,000 from his annual salary of £400,000?

After all several of your member clubs have taken pay cuts , with players accepting reduced salaries.

Etc...

The bold shifty might as well be penning a personal letter to rangers BEGGING to not continue with this EGM.

There is a clear butting of heads here, and the coolest head will come out on top.

They first said the SPFL didn't need any independent investigation, then brought Deloitte in without telling anyone to give them a clean bill of health. They are an utter laughing stock.
According to a newspaper article, Deloittes started their investigation on the 10th which was the day of the vote and before they said they didn’t need one.

In an open letter sent to clubs McLennan said: "Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer, as more than 5 per cent of the membership, are together entitled to call for an EGM to consider their resolution.

"That is their right under SPFL articles and company law.

"Accordingly, on Monday evening, the SPFL issued notice of an EGM, which will be held at 11am on Tuesday 12 May by Zoom video conference.

"Eight of the nine members of your board of directors believe the demand for such an open-ended, hugely time consuming and expensive investigation, carried out by a senior QC, to be wholly unnecessary, inappropriate and contrary to the interests of the company."

He wrote: "When the forensic investigation team at Deloitte completed its work, its report included nothing whatsoever to suggest any improper behaviour or impropriety by anyone.

"As your independent, non-executive chairman, I am entirely satisfied with the rigorous process that your board undertook in putting the SPFL directors written resolution to members. It was the product of several weeks of intensive work – using the best medical, scientific, governmental and legal advice to devise a way forward for the game in an unprecedented set of circumstances.

"Ultimately however, it is for you, the member clubs of the SPFL, to decide whether you wish the time of our staff and board members, and your money, to be spent on the exercise now sought by Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer, without Rangers having made available to the company or to SPFL clubs any of the evidence which they claim is in their possession.

"You are now being invited, by each of them, to commit the SPFL Limited to uncapped expenditure on an investigation, without defined boundaries, into the SPFL board and its executive team, as well as a range of matters related to a resolution which achieved a 80 per cent plus agreed return.

"All at a time when we have had no detail or evidence whatsoever of what it is the directors, appointed by you, and our senior employees are alleged to have done ‘wrong’.

"If Rangers had been prepared to make available this alleged evidence, then the investigation could have considered that material and could have directly addressed the issue(s) which are said to be causing that club so much apparent concern.

"At this hugely challenging time, distractions, scapegoating and sideshows are our enemy. We currently have a very small executive team comprising only five senior members of staff who are working tirelessly in the interests of Scottish football. Two of them are the subject of unexplained calls for their suspension.

"I therefore sincerely hope that I and your board of directors can rely on your support so that we can be allowed to focus completely on helping all clubs survive the crisis caused by Covid-19, rather than spending extensive and unproductive time and expense on rebutting unknown allegations against directors and long-standing and hard-working members of the SPFL team."

From the Record
Unbelievable in its arrogance.

Should've just said something along the lines of 'we wish to be annucountable to anyone especially "That club".
Real desperation ripping out them now.

Yeah, through corruption, bribery and coercion you stupid bhitter old cu**!!! That's the point of the enquiry!!!!

He has the brass neck to call himself
"your independent, non-executive chairman" - independent!! Independent would listen to the views of ALL clubs and act accordingly, not slate them for having the audacity to question their procedures! He worked for one of Desmond's companies previously FFS, and was hand picked as yet another Rangers hating puppet!!!

I hope we drag them through every court available, I honestly could not care less how many clubs crash and burn as a consequence. They all lined up to put the boot in back in 2012, and now they all do what they are told as Liewell's compliant wee puppets. Those who object are open to bribes, maybe celtc can offer them all a "glamour friendly" to keep them afloat.

Fu** them all.

To me it reads like "Please Please Please don't investigate us....Please Please Please. They are really shitting themselves

Back