Madrid is Mad for Jude

He is one of the very few non Rangers players that I genuinely love. His maturity is way beyond his years, but he has the graft and skill to back it all up. The fact he has taken Madrid by storm is another level all together.
I can only see success for him and whoever he plays for. If England take a better keeper and improve in defence, he may even drag them to glory!

England have two outrageous talents in Bellingham and Foden. Throw in a top drawer striker in Kane and there should be a serious chance they would win the Euros. However Southgate will find a way to nullify their talent - notwithstanding the goalkeeping and defensive shortcomings in his team.

I can remember getting slagged off on here when I said he was one of the best players I’ve ever seen at Ibrox where’s all of you now he’s a wonder player truly world class he’ll take the euros by storm.

Who else have you seen at Ibrox to compare him against when thinking about the best you've ever seen?
I've given loads of thoughts about Bellingham I don't doubt he's operating at a high level for a young lad but I find some levels of the hype around him a bit overbearing. He's someone I've been quietly impressed with rather than blown away whenever I've watched him live tbh.

Outrageously talented, heid screwed on, and an astronomical ceiling on his potential. A joy to watch, he really is.

Bit of a dirty bastard too, which is extremely endearing.

Yeah, he's got a touch of Zidane about him, and many Madrid fans rate ZZ as their GOAT.
Hope he stays fit, he's the type of player worth the admission alone, similar to Messi.
The World's his oyster / lobster :)

He is one of the very few non Rangers players that I genuinely love. His maturity is way beyond his years, but he has the graft and skill to back it all up. The fact he has taken Madrid by storm is another level all together.
I can only see success for him and whoever he plays for. If England take a better keeper and improve in defence, he may even drag them to glory!
It really is unbelievable what he's achieved at two massive clubs in Germany and Spain by the age of 20. And he shows incredible maturity and humility off the pitch as well. As you say, one of the good guys. No limit to what he can achieve.

Reactions: TQ3
I can remember getting slagged off on here when I said he was one of the best players I’ve ever seen at Ibrox where’s all of you now he’s a wonder player truly world class he’ll take the euros by storm.
Just don't get that at all because when he played against us everyone and I mean everyone around me in G R was asking who he was.
Also with his "What a gaffe" comment what's not to love about him.

And that was the team that all and sundry were saying Hummels was done. The Hummels about to appear in the CL semi finals? Morelos destroyed the big man, we destroyed their entire team, only Jude kept a clear head but that wasn’t enough. A big scalp with or without Haaland.

Not many teams will batter Dortmund 4-2 in Germany. We were superb that night.

And that was the team that all and sundry were saying Hummels was done. The Hummels about to appear in the CL semi finals? Morelos destroyed the big man, we destroyed their entire team, only Jude kept a clear head but that wasn’t enough. A big scalp with or without Haaland.
I always talk about this. People genuinely don't give Morelos enough credit for making Hummels look the fanny to the extent he did.

The main reason I take issue with people who questioned Ryan Kent. He was a colossus for us that night in a game that would have eaten most players alive.

Kent was brilliant on that run to Seville, especially in the Dortmund tie.
Maybe the best European performance I've seen from a Rangers player in my lifetime.

He's the one player that I'd like to see return and play under Clement's management. I reckon we could get him back on a free considering he's not playing currently, as far as I'm aware?
I think Clement's the type of manager to get him back to his best, restore his confidence. He's still only 27, should be coming into his prime.

Reactions: TQ3
He's already an outstanding talent and is running the show for Real Madrid.

With another probably at least 12 years at the highest level it's frightening what he could become.

Kent was brilliant on that run to Seville, especially in the Dortmund tie.
Maybe the best European performance I've seen from a Rangers player in my lifetime.

He's the one player that I'd like to see return and play under Clement's management. I reckon we could get him back on a free considering he's not playing currently, as far as I'm aware?
I think Clement's the type of manager to get him back to his best, restore his confidence. He's still only 27, should be coming into his prime.
The amount of penalties he won us generally doesn't really appear in his stats either. There's no Seville without Ryan Kent. Assisted the first and third goal against RB Leipzig also. Unfortunately whenever I think about him now though I see him clattering that ball off of Trapp at the end of the game. Just can't get it out of my head.

It would have been perfectly understandable if he'd had a low-key first season at Madrid. Young, big money move, settling into a team of vastly experienced superstars etc. Definitely a bit of pressure on his shoulders.

But no, he's took it all in his stride and absolutely fuckin soared from his first game.

2nd top soccer in league.
3 goals in 3 el classicos, including a last minute winner.
Madrid fans going gaga and already comparing him to ZZ.

Obviously the ability is undeniable, but it's the mental side of things where he excels and will ensure he's a top, top player for years to come. You saw it in our games against Dortmund - 18 years old but already their main man and bossing his team-mates.

Generational talent is an overused phrase but 100% applies here.

I can't remember Madrid fans speaking so highly of a player since Zidane and I include Ronaldo in that

The Madrid fans, any fans, will love Bellingham because he's a proper team player, in a way that Ronaldo never was.
I have a mate from Madrid, a massive Real fan, he loves ZZ but didn't like Ronaldo much, despite all his goals and the trophies he helped them win. It was always about CR7 for CR7.
Bellingham drives the team on and demands the best from those around him, pretty remarkable at such a young age.

He’s a great player but nowhere near Messi, not even remotely close

See its this sort of outlandish stuff that people say about Bellingham that I struggle with because like you say, as top a player as Bellingham is now for his age, Messi has always truly been from another planet.
With Bellingham its the maturity and presence he shows for his age that's most impressive. Messi though has been from a different planet talent wise and has done jaw dropping things from being a teenager. Yes he's played in great barca teams but even among generational great players he has always been head and shoulders above. That's a level I don't expect to see again in my lifetime.

See its this sort of outlandish stuff that people say about Bellingham that I struggle with because like you say, as top a player as Bellingham is now for his age, Messi has always truly been from another planet.
With Bellingham its the maturity and presence he shows for his age that's most impressive. Messi though has been from a different planet talent wise and has done jaw dropping things from being a teenager. Yes he's played in great barca teams but even among generational great players he has always been head and shoulders above. That's a level I don't expect to see again in my lifetime.
With Messi you are talking the greatest to ever do it.

With Messi you are talking the greatest to ever do it.

That's another debate altogether but he's definitely several levels above the new kid on the block who everyone wants to call the best in the world.

What a player he was though. Seeing him live was something to behold he looked like he was playing a different game to everyone else on the pitch.

He's unbelievable. People forget he's still only 20 years old. A truly generational talent. It's not hyperbole to say he has the potential to be the best midfielder to ever play the game. He's got 21 goals from midfield this season. A 20 year old Englishman, and Real Madrid's #1 tactic this season is give Bellingham the ball and he'll do something. If he continues on the trajectory he's on there really is no limit to what he can do in the game..

That's another debate altogether but he's definitely several levels above the new kid on the block who everyone wants to call the best in the world.

What a player he was though. Seeing him live was something to behold he looked like he was playing a different game to everyone else on the pitch.
You absolutely love a Jude Bellingham thread my man :))

Watched the game the other night, it's still crazy to think he's only 20 when you watch him play.

He rarely makes mistakes, always demanding the ball and not afraid to give it tight to much more experienced team mates if he's not happy. Carries himself like someone who has won everything there is to win in football before he's even done it.

Here's us talking about managing young players like McCausland's development and Bellingham is younger than him just absolutely bossing it in La Liga already.

Always remember McGregor grabbing him at full time and saying “You’re some fkn player by the way”.

Something very satisfying about seeing a footballer with the mix of talent, work ethic and humanity.

He has it all and one of very, very few footballers the breaking through the last 5 years or so who has me more interested in football outside of us.

He was a class act at Ibrox and only injuries will stop him being the star of his generation.

The Madrid fans, any fans, will love Bellingham because he's a proper team player, in a way that Ronaldo never was.
I have a mate from Madrid, a massive Real fan, he loves ZZ but didn't like Ronaldo much, despite all his goals and the trophies he helped them win. It was always about CR7 for CR7.
Bellingham drives the team on and demands the best from those around him, pretty remarkable at such a young age.
Your point certainly resonates with me - I sat among the Madrid support at a game where Ronaldo scored and also missed a penalty, they weren’t all fans of his by any means.
On the other hand, they unanimously adored Modric.

Back