Malik Tillman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post.

Tillman was incredibly frustrating at Rangers. Clearly had ability, but fans are forgetting large parts of games would pass him by. He tended to play great against Ross County and Dundee, but never once turned up against Celtic.

I remember the PSV podcast guy (their equivalent to H&H) being interviewed early Jan about Silva. He said Silva was excellent for them last year and that they wanted to sign him permanently but couldn't due to the fee Wolves wanted. This is the same Silva we currently have on our hands...

I don't have any ill wishes towards Tillman and I hope he has a great career. But FF are doing its usual best to rewrite history in order to point score against others.
He was really good only SOMETIMES.I was quite happy we didn’t sign him.

I always used to think the same.
Vladimir Weiss got it tight too after we lost an OF at Ibrox. He was 20 years old and probably barely had 20-30 senior appearances under his belt. I’ve always thought our support love the idea of having talented young players, but aren’t prepared to put up with the practicalities of it, like dealing with the fact they time and a bit of patience.

But if people want to kid themselves on Tillman wasn’t really all that because of a few old firm games where we were shit in general, that’s fine despite all the evidence to the contrary. It’s just interesting that the most revered players here have also been muck in old firm games over the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back