MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missing Kamara and Jack in midfield.

Itten has been good, won his battles but getting little support.

I think we might need Hagi on in the second half to cut them open, Wright is good but inexperienced at this level.

Fairly poor half.
I fear this ref could fvck us over.

Some dodgy decisions.
Would be happy with a draw and back home.

Good old FF, he's our best player, oh he's shite.
Link up play is not his strength, we know that. He has done well holding the ball up and pressuring defenders.

He isn't then going to turn and dribble. He lays it off and should only recieve it again inside the box, thats the type of striker he is.

Hasn't had an opportunity, Lundstram & Arfield havent supported him adequately, Kent hasn't turned up & Wright has been OK.

He is a penalty box striker, and doing a good job despite not playing to his strengths.

Itten has played the perfect lone man role, but when he's running towards goal I just have no confidence in him whatsoever, such a strange player, Kent has been both terrible and brilliant, the ref has it in for him as he's been kicked about 4 times and got 1 foul, overall we look the better team we just need to be more clinical up front and keep it tight at the back

Was going to say the ref had been handing it reasonably well after half an hour, how he's not booked their players for the two tugs at the shirt then the one at the end is incredible.

This mob are no great shakes, ideally nick a goal 2nd half but confident we'll do them at Ibrox next week regardless.
I watched Lech Poznan on Friday night and he was ref.

Thought he was terrible.

Just remembered when I seen his face it was the same guy.

Nielsen all buddy buddy with the bald c_unt of a ref at the half. Hope the manager has a word with the baldy c_unt in the tunnel.

Not a great first half. Let's hope we get a Gerrard special half time talk and the players come out with a rocket up their arse.

Ref : seems like we are playing in the spl

Nervy match so far although they have not really threatened us. Itten has been excellent, Davis and Goldson as assured as usual. Itten has been excellent.

The ref has been utter garbage as have our set pieces.

Hoping Sakala or Hagi might be the difference from the bench

Lacking that player in midfield that can pick a pass to unlock the defense other than that quite in control. Need a goal though

No doubt we're a better side but you can see the rust. Too many touches, wayward passes etc.

Had some good opportunities on the break but just not finding the required precision.

Malmo look more up to speed, but we've controlled them pretty well within 30 yards of our goal

Will take that. First time ever I've agreed with Craigan. We can get better, Malmo however, half way through their season and up to speed look average. They've not troubled us. We pick it up another gear or two and keep firm at the back and it will come. Fancy Sakala and Hagi to enjoy this game when they come on.

Itten has been absolutely Brilliant. Needs more in support from Wright he is linking well with the brilliant Kent.

Looking forward to the second half and the weans going to bed tbh :D

Game is there for us, you can tell they’ve got the match sharpness and started well but we’re coming more into it. Step it up a gear in the second half and they’ll start to tire with the constant high press.

You can tell they are weeks ahead of us here. High press and constantly in our face. We've held our own though and have had a couple of sniffs.

Defensively and in the midfield we’ve done fine. A bit more composure around and in the box and we’re a couple of goals up. We look lightweight up front with this front three.

Happy enough with that.

Would like a bit more midfield control in the 2nd half, but would settle for a goal instead!

Lacking sharpness still in our play, some nice patterns then it breaks down because we are being a bit sloppy. Big Itten has done some good things and then other things poorly but that can be down to match sharpness.

Arfield well off the pace of the game, he is chasing shadows a bit tonight.

Kent needs to be a bit more decisive in the box at times, needs to take shots first time more instead of trying to take too many touches.

All in all I think we have looked the most of dangerous, defended pretty well. We just need to up our game, handle the press a bit better. Get Wright on the ball more to commit some of the guys on his side who are on yellow's.

Edgy first half but we'll do this mob at home and likely win here. If I were Gerrard I'd view winning this leg as a good gauge of where we are in terms of qualification/group. They're a good side but below us at our mutual best.

If we end this 0-2 we can play anybody in the group stage without fear, is my view

Only managed to catch the last ten mins. Looks like the ref is a bit of a homer ans it looks quite evenly matched apart from we have created more chances. From what I've seen so far Kent looks on a different level to everyone else on the park. He tried to be too clever with going with a feint shot in the box at the end there. He should have skelped that first time. What was the rest of the half like? Have we had a lot of possession or has it been even?

Itten’s lack of pace and Sakala’s bucket loads of it. A few times we’d have been in if Itten was quicker.
That will be the plan in the second half. Sakala will need to find the space as these bastards will take him out at every opportunity.

Big Ced's done well in that role so far.

Back