MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Malmo are a decent outfit, but not causing us major problems so far. Some rustyness there, Borna especially. Missing the calmness and ball retention of Kamara. In at half time and sort a few things out, still think we will nick a goal.

Well I’ve watched many early CL qualifiers, usually from between my fingers or behind the couch.

We have been half decent in comparison and look like favourites to qualify over the next 135 minutes+

Itten is also doing a good job up there. He’s not Morelos. That’s why we value him at £3.5m and Alfie at 5 times that.

Decent half away from home, Scotty Wright has been excellent, Itten has led the line well (at times), solid at the back, Tav is the best player on the pitch.
Hostile wee stadium, refs a clear homer, physical long ball merchants, could have had a penalty, could easily be 4/5 Malmö players on yellows which would make things easier. All in all be a good win this with a threadbare squad and I'm still confident we will do just that

Last edited:
A decent half considering we're nowhere near our usual freeflowing stuff. Badly missing Kamara, Aribo & Hagi for that quality in close quarters. Arfield & Lundstrum aren't great. Itten's done not bad but could be a bit more decisive at times. Everything's done at a million mph for him but his brain doesn't seem to process what's happening quick enough to be effective.

They offer very little going forward and are just a dirty snidey team. From this game and the one at the weekend you can see some of our players have a disjointed preseason. Hopefully the next few games get their sharpness us. While this mob are there for the taking, Olympiacos would be a completely different proposition.

Dive, foul, rinse and repeat.

How on earth we have more bookings is actually beyond me.

Kent’s been excellent first half, and no danger at the back, but it’s showing why we need a top midfielder to compete better at champions league level.
I think the midfield looks pretty good, it's up front the ball isn't really sticking.

Bit pinball at times. Could be doing with settling the game down. Think that will come as Malmö tire.

The ref has been nothing short of a disgrace. Bookings for Rangers players for nothing and Malmö lucky to not have 5-6 bookings already.

They are 13 games into their season. Not expecting them to tire before us to be honest.

Not the greatest 45 I’ve seen however we look okay.

They don’t look particularly threatening. Getting out of here with a 0-0 wouldn’t be a bad result.

Hopefully we wake up a bit in the second half and grab a goal or two.

The fact that you read comments on here saying all we need to do win this now is take Itten off for Sakala….

It confirms that so many people have made up their mind about the guy. And it confirms how little so many people on here actually know about football.
I'm unconvinced by him overall, but hes been excellent tonight. No idea why people are unwilling to admit they might be wrong about stuff

Comfortable enough first half and have never been in danger. Definately had the best of the match but they are pressing us well and it’s become a battle for the second ball. Get an early second half goal and we might get a couple

Itten has in general been decent
Kent has been loose bar 2 runs.
Barisic the same.
Tav had one run.
Arfield had the best chance probably
all in all, not a bad first half

We look better all over the park. Itten has been brilliant.

They're there for the taking.

My only gripe is that our 3 midfielders need to be sharper when Malmö scramble a clearance as it seems to always fall to one of their players. Lundstram, Davis and Arfield need to be ready to pounce on 2nd balls.

Pretty disappointed with that half tbh. Not got into any rhythm going forward, not keeping the ball, set pieces have been poor and I don't think we've even worked their keeper at all yet, for all we know he could be Barkas in disguise.

Need to actually make some attempts at goal this half. Only saving grace is that Malmo look shite.

Happy with that. Felt we grew into the game against a team weeks ahead of us in preparation. That as well as the players we’re missing, feel it’s been a decent half

Interesting first half. They are a reasonable team, move the ball well. Bit concerned about the lack of sharpness in and around the box, always taking one touch too many, and giving away a lot of silly fouls. Need to lift it a little. Maybe Sakala will make a difference in the last 30 minutes with his pace, as Wright is occasionally doing right now. Even game, but if we are careful we will be ok here I think.

No drama. Malmo are playing not to lose and take their chances with set-pieces. They are as we expected a very physically strong team.

We do look a bit apprehensive tonight for some reason but our biggest danger is this loonball of a ref sending one of our players off. Kent has been cynically fouled all night but they are getting away with it every single time with barely a glance from the ref.

We're a little rusty and seem slow to get to second balls etc. We haven't been terrible, but need to up our game in the second half.

You can tell we've just started the season off, we aren't playing fluidly like we've been used to. That's where the Swedes are better, purely down to playing more games.

Happy enough with that. Itten, Kent and Goldson stand outs Tav as well. They will tire second half and leave space in behind. Still confident we will win this.

Kent’s been excellent first half, and no danger at the back, but it’s showing why we need a top midfielder to compete better at champions league level.
He's improved the last 15, a mile off it the first 30. Clearly lacking match sharpness.

Ball getting pinged about to much, with an edginess to it.

Middle to front needs to settle down. Passing in midfield isn't the greatest.

A first half where you can see we are short of game time, some good spells, one touches and dangerous passages of play, then periods of sloppiness and failure to hold up.
Overall still think we look the better team so far and will grow stronger 2nd half.

6/10 so far, we need to keep the ball that bit better and be a bit sharper in the final 3rd.

Malmo are playing at there fastest here they can’t keep this up for 90.

Early second half goal and we could put 3 past them

Free kick outswinger to headers are pish from that position, easily headed away, hit one fkn inswinger fk please.
I don't understand why we don't hit more inswingers. Much harder to defend and we've got the players to deliver quality from both sides.

Decent half Rangers, well played.

Yup, definitely looking the most likely. That lot are throwing their bodies I front of everything and have kicked their way through the half. A few poor touches and unfortunate breaks of the ball is the only reason we aren't ahead. We will go on to win this game imo, looking very comfortable at the back and breaking forward in numbers.

BTW if this was a Scottish ref there would already be 3 or 4 threads about his performance so far. I've said it before but the standard of referee we've had, in Europe, over Gerrard's time has been shite.

You actually watching the game mate.

Sakala couldn't make anything stick up front on Saturday, whereas Itten is holding the ball up really and getting us up the park.
Yeah, I think he’s done well in spells but I don’t think he’s been brilliant by any means and I like Itten. Just think the game is made for Sakala’s pace.

Decent half away from home, Scotty Wright has been excellent, Itten has led the line well (at times), solid at the back, Tav is the best player on the pitch.
Hostile wee stadium, refs a clear homer, physical long ball merchants, could have had a penalty, could easily be 4/5 Malmö players on yellows which would make things easier. All in all be a good win this a threadbare squad and I'm still confident we will do just that
The ref is the problem. We're the better side here and I don't know why people can't see it. We're winning this.

We generally play better 2nd half in Europe after we suss teams out.

Think we'll get the breakthrough late on in the game with the pace we have in behind.

Big Ced is now only a bad touch away from getting a 2nd yellow. Can't see him finishing the match so I'll take a late winner from Sakala.

Mon the Teds.

Back