MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far so good, but we should have put away a couple of those opportunities. There's always the fear that we can throw a goal through a momentary lapse, so I'd like us to ar least be winning if that happens.

But generally happy so far, but we can do better.

You actually watching the game mate.

Sakala couldn't make anything stick up front on Saturday, whereas Itten is holding the ball up really and getting us up the park.
Agreed MU hold up play doesn't seem Sakalas strong suit from the very little I've seen of him. Ball over the top with 20 minutes to go for Sakala.

Soon as I saw it was a Polish ref I was worried about how his performance would turn out. Seems I was right. Booked two Rangers players after blatant dives and then ignored stone wall yellows for them as well. I also think it was a foul on Kent in the box as well. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a definite free kick.

Malmö are no mugs. People genuinely thought we’d get the job done in the first leg.

All a bit too slow and wasteful at times. Set pieces have been dreadful.

Normally we are a dangerous at set pieces but as you say, bern poor, not found a team mate with one yet.

Think it shows that Malmo are 3 months into their season, they look that little bit quicker than us.

Surprising news (not really) that Monaco have filed a complaint against Sparta Prague for racist chanting from their fans towards Aurelien Tchouameni.

The incident against Slavia and the subsequent articles and research posted in the days after really shone a light on the attitudes of many people from the Czech Republic for me.

Pretty disappointed with that half tbh. Not got into any rhythm going forward, not keeping the ball, set pieces have been poor and I don't think we've even worked their keeper at all yet, for all we know he could be Barkas in disguise.

Need to actually make some attempts at goal this half. Only saving grace is that Malmo look shite.

Harsh, these are CL qualifiers, we’re missing big players and they have match sharpness in their favour. I think we’ve done absolutely fine.

Agree with the posters regarding Barisic, he looks miles off it in every aspect of his game.
The ex mentally challenged has cut inside him on a few occasions, he does look a bit rusty but so does Arfield IMO.

It’s to be expected, this match will do wonders for the team in general.

Decent half away from home, Scotty Wright has been excellent, Itten has led the line well (at times), solid at the back, Tav is the best player on the pitch.
Hostile wee stadium, refs a clear homer, physical long ball merchants, could have had a penalty, could easily be 4/5 Malmö players on yellows which would make things easier. All in all be a good win this with a threadbare squad and I'm still confident we will do just that

Tav has been good but Davis is just immaculate.

Rangers have done fine given where both teams are in their domestic campaigns. Just need to keep plugging away and a goal will come, certainly more confident now having witnessed the first 45 mins from Malmo.

Ref's a joke!

It's all been a bit frantic, hasn't it? We are the better team but there's no cutting edge at the moment.

Best game Itten has had for us, keeping the ball well most of the time. Bit harsh for the yellow.

I think you can see that we are only 1 game into our domestic season here, a few rusty edges.

Sakala I don’t think will hold the ball up nearly aswell as Itten has. He’s come deep and retained possession really well time after time

I honestly don’t blame the guy for holding his hands to his ears when he scores when so many people have him down as this fall guy before he’s even had a chance to get going at Rangers
I don’t have him down as a fall guy, I actually like him as a player. Just don’t think he’s been brilliant tonight.

Soon as I saw it was a Polish ref I was worried about how his performance would turn out. Seems I was right. Booked two Rangers players after blatant dives and then ignored stone wall yellows for them as well. I also think it was a foul on Kent in the box as well. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a definite free kick.
He has been ridiculously bad. Verging on cheating. I’m curious why you were worried by the fact he was a Pole. Any particular reason?

Seems like we have another gear to go into here but it’s being played out cautiously

A few look a little rusty including Kent. The guys who look on it tonight are W Davis, Tav, Goldson and Fil

A bit more quality and sharpness and this mob are there for the taking

Where’s Aribo?

It's not that Itten has been good, poor or 'that' s why he's 4th striker' Itten has done what any striker has asked been told to do in an away Champions League Qualifier. Hold the long or high ball up and lay it off too Wright ,Davis ,Arfield or Kent. Old football tactical dinosaur here but that is what it is all about away in Europe.

I don’t have him down as a fall guy, I actually like him as a player. Just don’t think he’s been brilliant tonight.

We’ll agree to disagree then, but I’m just not sure you know what his strengths are or what he’s being asked to do out there.

Itten has been decent, holding the ball up well and causing their CHs problems. Unlucky to get carded.

Barasic has been poor, definitely off the pace. Bassey could be an option to come on.

Referee has been inconsistent. Why was the player not booked for pulling the jersey, not once but twice?

Malmo are sneaky bastards.

Back