Malmo fans reaction to the draw

Remember the last game v them being a really strange experiwnce for a european game at Ibrox. After the euphoria of winning the league and murray being gone, it was an unbelievably flat atmosphere that night followed by a flat performance. It was the terrible start to one of the most hellish seasons in our history.
A few days later the place was full for a kickabout against Chelsea

Say I agree, what happens if we make the last 8 and the players are on holiday?

Do we give up the CL or Europa league dream and just admit we'll never get close to winning it?

I agree football is a summer game, I agree we are really unlikely to ever win the CL during current conditions.
But I'd like to dream and believe that sometimes 2500/1 shots happen...
But I don't think you can ever expect to win 5 games during 6-8 weeks where you are on holiday.

Would you be happy to see the club more or less admit they concede we will never again get near a Euro final?
One aspect of the winter is the consideration of a realistic winter break.
We do have a winter break most seasons now and it is fairly popular.
So why not go the whole hog it would only involve another six weeks or so.

I want to dream as well.
However, I would like to have a platform from which to create those dreams.
This would involve Scotland encouraging more kids to play the game in better conditions increasing the skill levels.
This would also spring from Scottish teams and especially Rangers constantly qualifying for group stage football with a realistic prospect of emerging from them into further rounds.
When that becomes a norm then maybe we could start to consider the problem of the last eight etc.

At the moment we are dreaming about winning the lottery without getting down to the shop to actually buy a ticket.

That said if we occasionally made the last eight, what players would be wanting to fck off to Ibiza?

Reactions: TC1
Eh?
You can be confident of your team winning whilst being humble and respectful about it.
Or you can in turn think the same with arrogance surrounding the entire emoted sentiment.

Surprised you never knew that.
Football supporters the world over rarely flirt with the terms "humble and respectful".

Wouldnt be fun otherwise :))

Intae they basturts !

I mean, it makes a difference from the Euro opposition from the past few years from Portugal, Turkey etc. talking about how much they wanted to have sex with our arses.

I will be doing the same mate but asked earlier in the thread if away fans are allowed?
I'm afraid it'll just be wait and see with all that's going on. I really hope they do come to a decision asap though, and then stick to that decision so fans know the score. I certainly wouldn't want a repeat of Blackpool with fans left out of pocket.

Was at the 2011 game, remember it being a cracking day (weather wise) and getting frustrated we continually kept lumping it up to Jelavic who had around 2 men on him by the time he brought it down.

Hopefully see them off this time relatively straightforward.

I actually think the general consensus among them is that we were the one to avoid

The rational ones among them with that sprinkling of gung ho merchants. They don't have an impressive recent history in Europe and we do.

They haven't made a group stage since 2015-16, while we were last 16 these past two seasons.

In addition, if they looked at transfermarkt they would discover our squad is valued at over 4 times the value of theirs. In fact we and the yahoos combined are valued at more than the entire Swedish top league.

Nothing is ever certain but the level headed among tgem should be aware it's a tall order for them.
They seem more upset about the fact they are at Ibrox 2nd leg than anything else.

And oddly I suspect that's not the major problem they're going to have. Their major problem is we have better players all over the pitch. And that's going to be their problem home and away.

I'm sure they will figure it out before they go to Ibrox.

Translation apps are perfect in that they mangle all languages, all equally. Would love to see what our thread looks like to a Swedish reader after it has been "translated" by one of these less-then-perfect apps.
To their credit, most Swede's have a reasonable grasp of English, but with many of the comments, the incoherency makes it clear they are being translated from the Swedish.
Still a fun read!

Translation apps are perfect in that they mangle all languages, all equally. Would love to see what our thread looks like to a Swedish reader after it has been "translated" by one of these less-then-perfect apps.
To their credit, most Swede's have a reasonable grasp of English, but with many of the comments, the incoherency makes it clear they are being translated from the Swedish.
Still a fun read!
I'd suggest translation apps don't throw in a random arse fucking when Josepe Blogs or Joe Borats are talking everyday friendship and sports stories.

If translate says we will rape their bums, the guy has wrote that in his language.

Couldn't get anything from HJK, their pages don't have much following. Managed to pull the following from Malmo's forum:

"It's time again. Rangers tremble. They remember ..."

"So we start at home against Rangers."

Worst possible scenario of all possible.

"WHAT THE HELL IS UEFA AGAINST US?"

"Rangers then. Thinking back on matches against Hibernians, Celtic and ... Rangers. And then it feels pretty good."

"Damn! PS. That it will be home first, then. Scotland is crap, so we have to fix it anyway."

"Yes finally! Rangers!"

"oof, Rangers ... gets tough, really tough ..."

"Who the hell are the rangers… we are malmö for hell !!!"

"Home for the third fucking time .. Rangers if we now beat Helsinki"

"Me: Fun with the draw today. Looking forward to this. Do not hope for Rangers, the absolute strongest team, but if we get them then start away.
UEFA:"

"MFF beat Rangers already in 2011. Isn't it harder now?
Fun with Helander's return."

"Shit too. Nightmare to finish away."

"Malmö FF - Slayers of Scotland."

"Too bad we can't have the stadium full. How is it in Scotland? The UK has removed all restrictions, hasn't it?"

"Three draws and all finish away. Tighten the hell up UEFA."

"Feels right ok .. would have been better to start away, but meeting a Rangers who barely got started after the holidays gives us an advantage. Have we ever played against a Scottish team? Feels like we have everything to gain. All to Glasgow, if we get .."

"JDT vs Gerrard meet again after Istanbul -05, hope JDT gets their revenge!"

"The positive thing about rangers is that we have often found it easier to bark at hyper-offensive teams, which rangers are (Olympiakos, Red bull, etc.) while teams like Slavia Prague and the red star who are very defensively strong tend to be flat matches."

"They are hardly in season when the 3rd qualifying round is decided.British teams suit us well and JDT has extensive experience of these teams"

"Ponne has a chat with Helander. At least 3 own goals!"

"It's fun that we can come across Helander! And Halsti now on Wednesday!
Which we have had! And what a homecoming team we will be able to build soon.
In many Allsvenskan matches, former or loaned MFF players also dominate!"

"What a meeting! Europe is finally starting!"

"Rangers fans talk about whether we have conceded 16 goals in according to them a "shitty" league in 12 games .. they seem to have missed our defensive addition until the meetings against them;) In addition, 2011 still haunts them: D"

"Is it true that you can travel from Sweden to Scotland if you are fully vaccinated?

If so, it's ALL for GLASGOW !!!"

"If there is no away goal rule anymore, it is easier to relate to away matches. We'll give the iron at home and go tough away. Can we hope that Filip takes one for the "team" and takes a red card in the 10th minute?"

"One can only hope that Rangers have better control of the economy nowadays. Sad if we were to bankrupt them a second time ....."

"Slavia Prague knocked Rangers out relatively comfortably from the EL last year. What says this is the worst case scenario?"

"The first match was a cross then Prague won the return when Rangers had an expelled player. On paper, the Rangers are the strongest team this year of these 3 but we will still beat them. That in combination with us finishing away is the toughest we could get this draw."

"Rangers come into the round that is Malmö's third despite their merits in Europe. Can someone explain."

"Nightmare draw deluxe!
Good we pick down the Finns then the Scots will bankrupt again. Taking home helander after that"

"Worst possible outcome on that draw. But if the stars are right, it may well succeed again"

"Rangers did so well in the EL last season so of course they should be allowed to try it again. Good to get to play a little more EL before you can try CL. Good luck next season, Rangers"
Thanks for posting

I'm afraid it'll just be wait and see with all that's going on. I really hope they do come to a decision asap though, and then stick to that decision so fans know the score. I certainly wouldn't want a repeat of Blackpool with fans left out of pocket.
UEFA have already stated that there will be no away fan ps for qualifying rounds

Couldn't get anything from HJK, their pages don't have much following. Managed to pull the following from Malmo's forum:

"It's time again. Rangers tremble. They remember ..."

"So we start at home against Rangers."

Worst possible scenario of all possible.

"WHAT THE HELL IS UEFA AGAINST US?"

"Rangers then. Thinking back on matches against Hibernians, Celtic and ... Rangers. And then it feels pretty good."

"Damn! PS. That it will be home first, then. Scotland is crap, so we have to fix it anyway."

"Yes finally! Rangers!"

"oof, Rangers ... gets tough, really tough ..."

"Who the hell are the rangers… we are malmö for hell !!!"

"Home for the third fucking time .. Rangers if we now beat Helsinki"

"Me: Fun with the draw today. Looking forward to this. Do not hope for Rangers, the absolute strongest team, but if we get them then start away.
UEFA:"

"MFF beat Rangers already in 2011. Isn't it harder now?
Fun with Helander's return."

"Shit too. Nightmare to finish away."

"Malmö FF - Slayers of Scotland."

"Too bad we can't have the stadium full. How is it in Scotland? The UK has removed all restrictions, hasn't it?"

"Three draws and all finish away. Tighten the hell up UEFA."

"Feels right ok .. would have been better to start away, but meeting a Rangers who barely got started after the holidays gives us an advantage. Have we ever played against a Scottish team? Feels like we have everything to gain. All to Glasgow, if we get .."

"JDT vs Gerrard meet again after Istanbul -05, hope JDT gets their revenge!"

"The positive thing about rangers is that we have often found it easier to bark at hyper-offensive teams, which rangers are (Olympiakos, Red bull, etc.) while teams like Slavia Prague and the red star who are very defensively strong tend to be flat matches."

"They are hardly in season when the 3rd qualifying round is decided.British teams suit us well and JDT has extensive experience of these teams"

"Ponne has a chat with Helander. At least 3 own goals!"

"It's fun that we can come across Helander! And Halsti now on Wednesday!
Which we have had! And what a homecoming team we will be able to build soon.
In many Allsvenskan matches, former or loaned MFF players also dominate!"

"What a meeting! Europe is finally starting!"

"Rangers fans talk about whether we have conceded 16 goals in according to them a "shitty" league in 12 games .. they seem to have missed our defensive addition until the meetings against them;) In addition, 2011 still haunts them: D"

"Is it true that you can travel from Sweden to Scotland if you are fully vaccinated?

If so, it's ALL for GLASGOW !!!"

"If there is no away goal rule anymore, it is easier to relate to away matches. We'll give the iron at home and go tough away. Can we hope that Filip takes one for the "team" and takes a red card in the 10th minute?"

"One can only hope that Rangers have better control of the economy nowadays. Sad if we were to bankrupt them a second time ....."

"Slavia Prague knocked Rangers out relatively comfortably from the EL last year. What says this is the worst case scenario?"

"The first match was a cross then Prague won the return when Rangers had an expelled player. On paper, the Rangers are the strongest team this year of these 3 but we will still beat them. That in combination with us finishing away is the toughest we could get this draw."

"Rangers come into the round that is Malmö's third despite their merits in Europe. Can someone explain."

"Nightmare draw deluxe!
Good we pick down the Finns then the Scots will bankrupt again. Taking home helander after that"

"Worst possible outcome on that draw. But if the stars are right, it may well succeed again"

"Rangers did so well in the EL last season so of course they should be allowed to try it again. Good to get to play a little more EL before you can try CL. Good luck next season, Rangers"
When did slavia "comfortably" beat us:))

I thought they were a level above us mate, they really did look a good side.

I thought the same. Their midfield seemed to be the difference, which is why I want to see ours upgraded to the next level. However our players did go on a 2 day bender after winning the league which wasn't exactly great preparation.

Why Malmö think they have already progressed against Helsinki is quite arrogant. The Finns, historically, dont even like Swedish-speaking Finns from the region to the west of Helsinki so when the real ones turn up, they might be in for small shock!

I want HJK anyway: pay in € instead of Swedish Kronen, buy a Finnish Kamara top, visit my mates in Helsinki, eat at Hessburgers and just enjoy the sights
In Malmö they're fackin Danish anyway !! :)

They've knocked both us and them out the CL qualifiers in the last decade, as well has skudding Hibs 7-0 in Edinburgh in 2013. Has this snus sucker just taken up football?
He’s being ironic

Reactions: Moz
I remember it well, I think we didn't carry that much luck and had Boogie sent off for what I considered a fairly innocuous elbow when challenging in the air.
That said, McCoist in my opinion failed to prepare properly for what is really a most important part of the season.
Summer football anyone?
Whittaker was it not ?

Still a fun read!

To be honest Swedes "grasp" of English is better than most who have English as their mother tongue.

Back