Malmo fans reaction to the draw

Is our squad better now than when we last played them a decade ago? Gerrard is better for a start. I'm trying not to be all misty eyed but I think our current team and playing style would smash the team of 2011.

McGregor
Bougherra
Weir (c)
Papac
Whittaker
Davis
McCulloch
Edu
Wallace
Jelavic
Naismith

Alexander
Broadfoot
Fleck
Healy
Ortiz
Wylde
Hemmings
Honestly think the only ones that would enhance our squad would be Bougherra, Jelavic and Naismith.

In terms of revenue it seems Malmo's is about £31m while ours is £59m. Aberdeen are like £15m and Hibs maybe £9m? Somewhere in that region. So you'd suspect they'd beat Hibs but they also don't seem to have started their qualifiers playing great stuff either.
Nearer 21 million last year which was around 10 million down on the previous year, due to covid and failing to reach the europa league group stages.

How do you translate that?

Use Google Translate or learn the language.

I hate the format of their forum - but basically, it mirrors ours. Some confident, some less so. Few comments that they don't like that the Malmö coach announced they are the underdogs.

Edit : Have been reading a bit further in the forum now. Good news is that Malmö fams seem to be underestimating us a bit now...

Last edited:
Some talk that Ahmedhodzic is very close to agreeing a move to Italy. Wonder if they will risk him?

Some talk that Ahmedhodzic is very close to agreeing a move to Italy. Wonder if they will risk him?
Atlanta sporting director flying to Malmo this week to finish the transfer for €10m

He will replace Romero, who is departing for €50m to Spurs.

If they’re missing both Ahmedhodzic and Knudsen, thats 2 starters from their back four.

If you’re really a Swede, might I recommend going on your local metro system and taking pictures of the local talent for us, just to eliminate any doubt

Malmö doesn't have a Metro but if you ask him to take photos of any of the shop assistants in Gamla Staden, you'll get the same result your looking for.

Preferably on a weekend when the students are in their part-time jobs. It's a wee bit distracting.

I notice the top article on there has us a new club, founded in 2012, who just won our first ever title and have never played Malmö before. Oddly enough, it then references the 2011 tie. But at least we beat Tranmere and "Patrick Thistle" in pre-season.

First comment after is a Sevco reference. Locally based Nonce FC supporters I assume.

Later comment has us playing the same football as McCoist's 2011 team and popcorn's 2015 team. Errrmm. I guess you get bull-shitters on forums everywhere.

Ah well, it'll be a nice wee surprise for them tonight I suppose.

watched a couple of malmo fans on gers podcasts, and they all seem to think that it'll be a very physical game against us, which makes me conclude that they think we play like the typical scottish teams of old, which is fair enough as I don't know much about this current malmo team, but if that's what they think, they'll be in for a shock, as I see us in the playing sense at least, as a european team that happens to play in scotland

Well I hope malmorex enjoys the game but not too much!

Comfortable away win for me. 3v1 to the famous

I notice the top article on there has us a new club, founded in 2012, who just won our first ever title and have never played Malmö before. Oddly enough, it then references the 2011 tie. But at least we beat Tranmere and "Patrick Thistle" in pre-season.

First comment after is a Sevco reference. Locally based Nonce FC supporters I assume.

Later comment has us playing the same football as McCoist's 2011 team and popcorn's 2015 team. Errrmm. I guess you get bull-shitters on forums everywhere.

Ah well, it'll be a nice wee surprise for them tonight I suppose.
Basically what we talk about in the forum is that we should be carefull with freekicks and corners.
Also the Sevco LTD part is about the fact that after your bankruptcy you started over and registered the club as "Sevco LTD". In short context, we were messing with you because you only have 1 title since your founding. So some of us is calling you Sevco and not Rangers ;)

I'm guessing 3-1 tonight, 2 goals Birmancevic and 1 goal Colak ;)

Basically what we talk about in the forum is that we should be carefull with freekicks and corners.
Also the Sevco LTD part is about the fact that after your bankruptcy you started over and registered the club as "Sevco LTD". In short context, we were messing with you because you only have 1 title since your founding. So some of us is calling you Sevco and not Rangers ;)

Yous are getting pumped 55-0 m8

You've got balls, I'll give you that.

Be careful with the sevco stuff on here. Almost as welcome as a Zlatan statue in Malmö ;)

Please do come back on the forum after the tie is finished next week.

In short context to you, clamp it ya gimp

Struggled to beat the Latvian and Finnish teams, certainly nothing to fear from Malmo. A decent but not great side.

Back