Mamadou Coulibaly

Grezda Loyal

19 year old central midfielder for Italian club Udinese. Just hearing today we are monitoring the boy. Not sure if we're interested in a loan deal, or possibly as a long term replacement option for Lassana. Thoughts?

For me we should be looking at quality not quantity now, don't know much about the lad but at 19 he's probably far from the finished article and it's doubtful he would take us to the next level.

Would rather go for two quality players this window than 4 or 5 guys who are around the same level of what we have already.

For me we should be looking at quality not quantity now, don't know much about the lad but at 19 he's probably far from the finished article and it's doubtful he would take us to the next level.

Would rather go for two quality players this window than 4 or 5 guys who are around the same level of what we have already.

We’ll struggle to buy finished articles in midfield mate. We’d need £5m+ and even that’s conservative.

Interested to see what the boy is like if we do sign him.

Agree to an extent but I have faith the appropriate people are identifying targets that are worthwhile and they feel will have an impact both in the short and long term

Contracted to Udinese until 2022. Stories linking Juventus, Inter and Watford with moves for him before he joined Udinese.

Also looks a lot older than 19 :D

19 year old central midfielder for Italian club Udinese. Just hearing today we are monitoring the boy. Not sure if we're interested in a loan deal, or possibly as a long term replacement option for Lassana. Thoughts?

Did we maybe do a Boli when we signed Lassana :rolleyes:

But as a long term signing it could represent much better value than pursuing lassana

What window? It's hard to sign quality in the January window and normally it costs a fortune so I cannot see that being the case.

If you meant the Summer then again not going to happen, we have 4 loan players in our starting 11 so that alone means another summer of multiple signings.

Plus, the finished article doesn't really come to Scotland either, young talented players are the way forward for us.

Back