Man charged with battering Rangers No2 - Gary Mac

BODiE

A MAN has been charged with battering Rangers No2 Gary McAllister during a night out with his missus.

McAllister, 55, was waiting for a cab home with his wife, Hayley, 40 when he was set upon in Leeds last March.

Stunned McAllister was punched in the face and fell to the ground as screaming Hayley fought to pull his attacker off him.

Ex-Leeds United, Liverpool and Scotland ace McAllister was helped to his feet and taken to hospital.

McAllister, who was left extremely "shaken up" by the beating, needed at least 10 stitches in his top lip.

He had spent the day at Anfield watching the Liverpool Legends, including Steven Gerrard.

A source said McAllister returned to Leeds and took his wife out to dinner in the city centre.

They were waiting for a taxi home in the early hours when he was just attacked out of nowhere.

Damien Swan, 33, of Leeds, has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He is due to appear at Leeds Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

McAllister is currently working as Gerrard's assistant at Glasgow Rangers

McAllister is widely regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of his generation.

He won the league with Leeds United in 1992 and in 2001 he scooped the treble with Liverpool - bagging the FA Cup, League Cup and Uefa Cup.

McAllister also won 59 caps with Scotland and scored five times.

Some injury from a punch did he fall and hit his head or was some kind of weapon used?

I always thought that ABH was bruising and GBH was drawing blood?

Community service depending on previous.

This guy sounds a right weirdo -
It doesn't seem that any words were exchanged - just an unprovoked attack -
With these reports you can't tell if he even recognised GMcA - or simply chose any one within reach ? Difficult to tell what was in the guy's mind
Like I said - a wierdo by all accounts

Some injury from a punch did he fall and hit his head or was some kind of weapon used?

I could be wrong but i am sure initial reports suggested a knuckle duster was involved.

What a coward the guy is whatever the case

I could be wrong but i am sure initial reports suggested a knuckle duster was involved.

What a coward the guy is whatever the case
Yeah I remember reading that too. Shocking, be interesting to see what the motive was, if there even was one.

W
A MAN has been charged with battering Rangers No2 Gary McAllister during a night out with his missus.

McAllister, 55, was waiting for a cab home with his wife, Hayley, 40 when he was set upon in Leeds last March.

Stunned McAllister was punched in the face and fell to the ground as screaming Hayley fought to pull his attacker off him.

Ex-Leeds United, Liverpool and Scotland ace McAllister was helped to his feet and taken to hospital.

McAllister, who was left extremely "shaken up" by the beating, needed at least 10 stitches in his top lip.

He had spent the day at Anfield watching the Liverpool Legends, including Steven Gerrard.

A source said McAllister returned to Leeds and took his wife out to dinner in the city centre.

They were waiting for a taxi home in the early hours when he was just attacked out of nowhere.

Damien Swan, 33, of Leeds, has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He is due to appear at Leeds Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

McAllister is currently working as Gerrard's assistant at Glasgow Rangers

McAllister is widely regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of his generation.

He won the league with Leeds United in 1992 and in 2001 he scooped the treble with Liverpool - bagging the FA Cup, League Cup and Uefa Cup.

McAllister also won 59 caps with Scotland and scored five times.
WIFE...is it illegal in the UK to use the correct word.

Seen this too

A man has been charged with throwing a hot drink at Alfredo Morelos during Rangers' Scottish Premiership win at Motherwell last month.

A 30-year old will appear in Hamilton Sheriff Court on Wednesday, 29 January after the incident on 15 December.

Rangers won the match 2-0, with Morelos sent off for gesturing at Motherwell fans after scoring the second.

Police Scotland said "a 30-year-old man has been charged in connection with an incident".

A statement added: "During the match, a hot drink was thrown at a player. The man is due to appear at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Wednesday, 29 January, 2020."

Notice how the Scottish media used "Batters" and the English media use "Assault or Assaulted". Its the wee things they try to sneak in. Snide.

Boris and H.M. will be involved as it is in England. watch for a long jail sentence, Nobody interferes with a member of The Queen's Team.

More than a fair chance Johnson has never heard of Glasgow Rangers !
Whereas the SNP are politicians who drink in Republican slophouses and know enough about Celtc Football Club that you can be confident they will ignore half a century of child abuse on behalf of their favourites!
I think I would take Johnson's indifference any day of the week. ;)

A man has pleaded not guilty to assaulting Rangers assistant manager Gary McAllister on a night out.

Thirty three year-old Damien Swan allegedly punched the former Scotland captain in the early hours of March 24 last year as he waited for a taxi.

Leeds Magistrates Court heard how Swan, of Greenmount Terrace in Leeds, had punched McAllister in the face - causing his teeth to cut through his lip. McAllister's teeth became damaged as a result of his injuries and he required hospital treatment.

Swan, of Leeds, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and nationality as Bermudan and pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

District Judge Richard Kitson ruled the severity of McAllister's injuries meant the case would need to be heard at a crown court.

He told Swan: "They were nasty injuries from a punch to the face, causing his teeth to go through his lip and causing damage to his teeth."

The matter has been sent to Leeds Crown Court where Swan's first appearance will be February 12.

McAllister won the league with Leeds United in 1992 and was part of Liverpool's treble winning side of 2001, bagging the FA Cup, the League Cup and the UEFA Cup.

The 55 year-old also has 57 caps with Scotland and captained his country at the Euro 96.

Back