Man City attendance tonight..

BlueRambo

Pathetic! Glory hunting phucks, no chance of the league so fans stay away in their droves and I say that as someone who likes Citeh

Mentioned this on another thread. Not sure if it just to with all the news over the last week & now no real chance of winning the league or the fans just cant be bothered attending!

Pathetic! Glory hunting phucks, no chance of the league so fans stay away in their droves and I say that as someone who likes Citeh

Whatever the actual attendance tonight, the amount of ‘ glory hunters ‘ in the stadium will be zero.
That’s the benefit of being unfashionable.

I was surprised at how low the attendance looked on TV too

First thought of mine was is this the result of foreign daytrippers not attending due to the re-schedule?

Awfully nice of UEFA to let Sky show this on a Champions League night.
Sure sky just pay the fine

Manchester City against West Ham will now clash with the Champions League last-16 after Uefa gave the Premier League special dispensation due to Storm Ciara.

In a decision that has been reluctantly accepted by Champions League rights holder BT Sport, the match at the Etihad has been moved to Wednesday February 19, and will be broadcast live on Sky. The moved fixture, which had been postponed due to the storms on Sunday, means the satellite broadcaster goes head to head with BT, which will show Tottenham Hotspur taking on RB Leipzig.

It will be City's first match since the 2-0 defeat at Tottenham on Feb 2 and will offer the club useful game time ahead of their own Champions League tie against Real Madrid. For West Ham, it will be their first match since their 3-3 draw against Brighton on Feb 1. The club will offer free coach travel to their fans.

Despite the changes in arrangements for their winter break, City's players' schedules have not been adversely affected, a club source said. The Premier League felt it had no choice but to rearrange the match on Feb 19 to avoid further fixture congestion.

Uefa broadcasting rights for the Champions League normally to guarantee no clashes with domestic coverage, but exceptions can be made in extreme cases. BT Sport declined to comment.

Obviously a lot of fans couldn’t make a 7.30 kick off on a Wednesday. I was down for original fixture which was cancelled but no way I could go back down tonight.

I really don’t get the dislike for City?

It’s been done to death on here, they were attracting crowds of 30 odd thousand in the 3rd tier of English football, they have a long history with a loyal fan base, they have always been a well supported club, they don’t have 60-70 thousand attending every game, so what?

It’s been done to death on here, they were attracting crowds of 30 odd thousand in the 3rd tier of English football, they have a long history with a loyal fan base, they have always been a well supported club, they don’t have 60-70 thousand attending every game, so what?

Correct mate,I’m no city fan but when Man U were top dogs for years the City fans turned out in big numbers to support their team,even in the lower division.

This

If Chelsea were relegated to the 3rd division they could play their games on public parks

I am no fan of City but they always had good crowds even in bad days and a loyal support.
Don’t know why so low tonight, half term would have some effect I expect.

It was a re-arranged midweek game so that effects the attendance. The game was supposed to be played two Sundays back but was postponed on the day of the game after many had travelled.

The Manchester Orbitsl motorway M60 was also shut due to lorry jack knife so roads were gridlocked which would have affected attendance too . Passed it around 6pm and not sure when it reopened .

They rarely sell out at all. Now I’d imagine a good few of their fans would’ve been tourists etc and given their league position I doubt they will sell out as not many people will want to go see them.

I’d be curious to see the average attendance figures for Man U too just now.

Short notice rearranged game and a poor attendance like us V Livi. City have 43,000 season ticket holders and it looked like 13,000 didn't bother to go. West Ham sold out 4,000 for the original Sunday date but only 1,000 went tonight even with free coach travel courtesy of the Dildo brothers.

Is this not the game that was postponed? Maybe some could not make it tonight.

You are having a laugh, on a traditional football night. The ground seemed half full of home supporters. Seems to be nothing other than Glory Hunters. Have to say anytime I watch a game on tv from Ethiad it is soulless, the crowd must collectively sit on their hands.

Rangers haven't won a trophy for 9 seasons now but each and every league game since our return to the top division is sold out, or within a thousand or so of being sold out. That is loyalty, that is following your side through thick and thin.

I feel sorry for the guys who went in League 1 and kept club alive but now seem to have abandoned them.

Back