Man City v Real Madrid

Know City have the cup at the weekend, but most of those subbed would have been penalty takers

Can’t recall ever seeing a GK amongst the first 5 pens before.

Mbappe to beat his new teammates in the final would be my guess going forward

The fucking Don.
CgAGVmJusruAGT27AAGdxqcTlzg996.jpg.webp

Pep tactically out thought by Ancelote again. I couldn’t believe the way they were talking on Talksport today as if it was a formality City would win. City have been on the decline the last couple of years (even though they keep winning things) too many players not good enough.

Har
Pep tactically out thought by Ancelote again. I couldn’t believe the way they were talking on Talksport today as if it was a formality City would win. City have been on the decline the last couple of years (even though they keep winning things) too many players not good enough.

Hardly tactically outdone we were well on top for 90% of the game. Just lacked the final ball. That's on the players. Madrid defended decent but we still had enough good chances to beat them clearly. Not clinical enough on the night. It happens.

Shit night all round.

That was a really weird game to watch. Was looking forward to it after last week.
From the start, both teams were very stand offish, played at walking pace.
Respect, fear?
Man city slightly had more of the first half but Madrid went up and scored.
2nd half was just all man city. Extra time was Madrid camped 20 yards out their own goal and city doing everything but score. Both sets of players dead on their feet during 2nd period of ET.

Couple of poor penalties but the Bernardo Silva one has to be sen to be believed.

Har

Hardly tactically outdone we were well on top for 90% of the game. Just lacked the final ball. That's on the players. Madrid defended decent but we still had enough good chances to beat them clearly. Not clinical enough on the night. It happens.

Shit night all round.

I wanted City to win tonight. They've been my English club since Colin Bell, Summerbee,etc. The jealousy some punters have for City is cringe, tbh.

I wanted City to win tonight. They've been my English club since Colin Bell, Summerbee,etc. The jealousy some punters have for City is cringe, tbh.
Would they still be your club if Klopp took the managers job some day?

Most penalties hit down the middle with height are scored, but I think Bernardo Silva has to work on disguising it a bit. :)
I laughed at the O'Reilly penalty against us getting the 'wonderful' crap from the commentators.

Had Butland stayed on the line O'Reilly would have looked as pathetic as Bernardo tonight and he'd have been jeered by the mhob.

It looks pretty even to me, with Dortmund the outsiders.

Could it be PSG's year at last?

Could Kane win a big one after all?

We'll see. :cool:

Can’t recall ever seeing a GK amongst the first 5 pens before.

Mbappe to beat his new teammates in the final would be my guess going forward
Jose Luis Chilavert scored the winning penalty in the 2001 french cup final,He also is only one of three goalkeepers to score a hat trick.He scored 67 goals in his career.

Same, can’t understand anyone having a soft spot for Real Madrid however I don’t think City for the last two seasons are the team they were. They only won the league last year because Arsenal blew it and this year Liverpool and Arsenal are throwing it away. I don’t know why they bought Haaland if they don’t play to his strengths.

Back