Man of the Match and Ratings vs Midtjylland?

MOTM

• Mcgregor

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Tav

Votes: 12 1.8%
  • Katic

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • Goldson

• Flanagan

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Kamara

• Jack

Votes: 46 6.9%
  • Aribo

Votes: 48 7.2%
  • Arfield

• Jones

Votes: 109 16.2%
  • Morelos

Votes: 387 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On a normal night it would've been Jones but Morelos utterly tore them apart, he was MOTM no question. Incredible how a relative short arse can ragdoll an entire defence full of giants and win/score headers when it's 3 defenders vs. him.

I'm as happy as I am surprised that no EPL team offered crazy money for him.

Morelos player rating in the sun

ALFREDO MORELOS: Went down clutching his face, appearing in agony after high boot from Scholz but quick recovery. Wild right foot shot wide after 20 minutes. Clinical headed opener. Booked.….7

Morelos was unselfish, scored one, made two and held the ball up brilliantly.

Best centre forward display in a long time at Rangers and certainly the best player in the park despite others doing rather well also.

Last edited:
Morelos
Jones
Aribo

Nobody had a bad game for us tonight and there was a handful who excelled.

Morelos was outstanding

For me jack gave the ball away in bad situations tonight and was easily beat at there first goal

McGregor -7

Tav -8
Goldson -8
Katic - 8
Flanagan -8

Kamara - 6
Jack -8
Aribo -9

Jones -9
Arfield -7
Morelos -9

Morelos MOTM, opening goal and two assists. Not bad days work.

ALFREDO MORELOS: Went down clutching his face, appearing in agony after high boot from Scholz but quick recovery. Wild right foot shot wide after 20 minutes. Clinical headed opener. Booked.….7

Wild right foot shot, which was saved by the keeper as it was on target, though woulsnt have counted as offside.

McGregor -7

Tav -8
Goldson -7
Katic - 9
Flanagan -8

Kamara - 7
Jack -9
Aribo -9

Jones -9
Arfield -7
Morelos -10

McGregor - 7
Tav - 9
Goldson - 7
Katic - 8.5
Flanno - 7.5
Jack - 7.5
Kamara - 7
Aribo - 8.5
Arfield - 7
Jones - 8.5
Morelos - 9.5

Subs

Doc - 5
Ojo - 4

That is fucking embarrassing. Is there a name attached to this shite?

McGregor - 7

Tav - 7
Goldson - 7
Katic - 8
Flanagan - 7
Kamara - 7
Jack - 8
Aribo - 8

Jones - 8
Arfield - 6
Morelos - 9

How was Kamara tonight? Not heard much about his performance.

Did he just do all the dirty work that no-one notices?

McGregor -7

Tav -8
Goldson -8
Katic - 9
Flanagan -8

Kamara - 7
Jack -7
Aribo -8

Jones -9
Arfield -8
Morelos -10

MOTM Alfredo

The heartbeat of the team

Work rate,ability, goals , assists...and dare i say it ..discipline.

Only change is I'd swap Jack & Arfield's scores around. Agree with the rest.

McGregor -7

Tav -8
Goldson -8
Katic - 8
Flanagan -7
Kamara - 7
Jack -9
Aribo -8

Jones -8
Arfield -8
Morelos -8

maxresdefault.jpg

Big Katic just ahead of Alfie. Maybe a wee bit slack at their second but otherwise a flawless performance from the big Croat

McGregor -7.5 : could maybe have done better at one of their goals, (I think he saw it late) otherwise a very solid performance with at least one real one great save. Gives the central defenders a lot of confidence knowing he’s the last line of defence

Tav -8 : Great 1st half, a bit quieter in the 2nd. Rallied the troops well after FCMs 2nd

Goldson -8 : Solid throughout, a bit at sea at MCFs 1st

Katic - 9: Thought the big man was fantastic. Won everything against a very big side. Cracking goal to round off a top notch performance MOTM

Flanagan - 9 : Great season debut. Hard in the tackle when needed. Stood up to their bully boy tactics well

Kamara - 6.5 : The game seemed to pass him by tonight. Gave the ball away in some dangerous positions on occasion. Not his best game, but worked hard to close down FCM in midfield denying them time and space

Jack -8 : Very shaky start, but settled down after half an hour and grew into the game. Became the link between defence & attack and was outstanding in the final hour

Aribo -9 : A real classy player. At times he drifts past players like they’re not there. Wonderful goal to seal a great game. His work rate sometimes goes unnoticed

Jones - 8 : Started poorly but just when I was beginning to think their full back had him in his back pocket, he started to pick up his game, and was our biggest threat at times. Once he settled was a constant threat

Arfield -6.5 : Very quiet game, but popped up with a great finish just when we needed it

Morelos - 9 : Fabulous attacking performance, scored, two assists, and harried their (large) defenders all night long. Defined what leading the line really means

Last edited:
On the bus coming back from the game and everyone seems to be saying Katic, Goldson or Jack.

Not having a go but it’s crazy how people can watch the same game and come out with different opinions.

I thought Morelos was excellent but I thought Katic was head and shoulders the best player on the park.

Why do you think that is crazy? People have different opinions on a match. It would near enough finish all football discussion, especially post match discussion, if everyone had the same opinion.

Strange post.

McGregor 7
Tav 7
Katic 8 Goldson 7
Flanno 7
Kamara 6
Jack 7
Aribo 7
Jones 8
Arfield 6
Morelos 9 MOM

Aribo for me. That boy puts a power of work into a game. Very skillful and great finish for the goal too. That’s three competitive goals already for him.

To be fair there were a lot of great performances tonight.

Only issue was another yellow. He’s one more booking away from a suspension now.

1 goal, 2 assists and involvement in the other goal too.

I’m at a loss how MoTM cloud go to anyone other than Morelos. Especially Jack who had a good game but was beaten far too easily at their first goal.

Alfredo was superb! Other than that chaotic 10 mins the whole team would be 8’s and 9’s.

It’s about opinions of course but I don’t think I’m out of order in saying anybody who didn’t opt for Morelos doesn’t really appreciate what a talented player we have.

Why do you think that is crazy? People have different opinions on a match. It would near enough finish all football discussion, especially post match discussion, if everyone had the same opinion.

Strange post.

I just mean that all the guys I was at the game with thought Katic, Goldson and Jack were the standouts tonight. All the guys that watched tv think Jones and Morelos were the stand outs.

I’m not having a go, I’m just saying that people see the game different depending on if they’re at the stadium or watching on tv. I’d imagine the commentary influences people too.

FWIW I thought all of our players were very good, I just thought Katic was outstanding.

I also watched most of the game back and although at the game I felt we played well, watching it back I think we were even better than I thought.

Katic superb Jack Aribo Jones and Morelos too the whole team played great thought our manager was superb on the touch line too !

I voted for Big Buff but what really pleased me was that Jones showed he can be a Rangers player because I had my doubts.
Special mentions for Katic and Aribo.In fact feck it they all deserved the award.

Shagger 7
Tavernier 8
Goldson 8
Katić 8
Flanagan 7
Jack 7.5
Kamara 7
Aribo 8
Arfield 7
Jones 8
Morelos 9.5

I think that’s was the best game in a Rangers shirt by Morelos.

Back