Man Utd’s Fred latest player to receive racial abuse

100% agree with Virgil - no more hiding. No more giving people a platform to give abuse and not be seen. You want on Social Media then fine - you do it open so you can be reported in a second. You want the power to abuse in a second then you deserve the right to the cops turning up at your door 10 mins later.

Won’t ever be eradicated, you get bad bastards in the world.

Always have, always will

Reactions: jtc
Remove anonymity from social media.
That is the answer but the scumbags who run social media channels know it would cost them too much money and there is no way they will do it.
It is not very often I am likely to agree with a policy of the repressive Chinese communist party but you won’t get away with it there.

nt3SIwn.gif

A good start would be making people accountable for what they post on social media, such as verifying your account with a NI number (or similar).

This would require the USA to make Big Tech overhaul how social media accounts work.

I seriously doubt that'll happen though, especially now that Big Tech's best pal is in the White House.

The racist Tim on the other thread is there for all to see so when they do raise their ugly heads and voice their racist views they need to be absolutely hammered.

Disgusting. This is getting worse, faceless people directing disgraceful abuse to others online. Big deal, his team were beaten by the better side, some clown thinks it’s acceptable to racially abuse the man.

Social media needs a reset remove all anonymity addresses and proof of identification needed before creating emails for accounts

Not a dig at yourself mate but I’ve yet to see any logical ways this can be implement. Giving more of my personal data to BigTech isn’t something I’m particularly fond of, nor is the thought of whistleblowers in oppressive regimes being able to be tracked for exposing bad stuff that’s going on.

Abused on Instagram after defeat to Leicester City

how can we get rid of these brain dead morons from society? Just absolutely disgusting again
Tbf I see a difference with on-pitch racial abuse by professionals or officials and shit from the stands , forums , SM .
all of it very very primitive Yes but slightly different from the happenings of Thursday and the follow up attacks by that Slavia club and there supposed followers .

but yes needs to be a simple BOT going around the platforms that deletes these post types and alerts the `local coppers to the posts for follow up investigations imo

how can we get rid of these brain dead morons from society? Just absolutely disgusting again
It’s utterly abhorrent. We‘ll never be able to rid society of them unfortunately, we can educate more on these things but it’s something that’ll never be eradicate, as sad as it is. I don’t agree with the authentication requirement for a social media account some are wanting but I do think players should be able to have certain words/emojis banned from being commented on their posts or sent to them or direct messaged to them.

June Bellingham reporting he has received racial abuse on Instagram also.

Time all governments got together and held social media platforms to account.

Not a dig at yourself mate but I’ve yet to see any logical ways this can be implement. Giving more of my personal data to BigTech isn’t something I’m particularly fond of, nor is the thought of whistleblowers in oppressive regimes being able to be tracked for exposing bad stuff that’s going on.

I thank that god bing Twitter / Facebook your personal details should be the price you pay for access to their platforms.

The government could legislate against the social media companies monetising by sharing name / address / D O B via opt out.

None of it makes sense, Fred was hardly at fault for Leicester being excellent. I just can't understand the mindset. Shut them down, pull the plug on all of it, whitewash all accounts and start again with some controls actually in place

The companies who pay for advertising space on these social media sites may ultimately be in the best position to enforce change by simply withdrawing their financial support.

Tbf I see a difference with on-pitch racial abuse by professionals or officials and shit from the stands , forums , SM .
all of it very very primitive Yes but slightly different from the happenings of Thursday and the follow up attacks by that Slavia club and there supposed followers .

but yes needs to be a simple BOT going around the platforms that deletes these post types and alerts the `local coppers to the posts for follow up investigations imo
The police never even showed face when i have been burgled 3 times, 2 x van 1 x lock up, i even gave them vehicle details once and i never even seen a copper, i got crime numbers x 3 and a text asking me as a victim of crime would i require councelling ?
So having the manpower to investigate and follow up tweets/posts whatever will just not happen.

It’s okay lads uefa will deal with it in 5.4.3.2.1 nah
Didn’t think so.

It’s a matter for the legislature in my opinion.

Twitter & Facebook are happy to censor when they don’t like certain posters’ political perspective, they want to censor... they’re publishers and must be liable for what is typed on their platforms. Unless they can provide details of the source of the offending material.

Wish I knew the answer but it's certainly not by taking the knee for a few seconds before each match.

Back