Manager & Borna - is it just me?

1. That was the point I was making, pointing out the irony of Culshaw being praised for the set piece goals first.
2. A guy in the thread absolutely did not know who Culshaw was.

again, here’s the misplaced confidence of some FFers who fly into an important thread, which they do not fully read, and then confidently spout on what they assume the issue at hand to be.

No wonder nothing ever gets sorted around here

An important thread!

Now, don’t take the easy route with the thread title... we’re all grown ups here and it’s ok to ask questions.

I’ve noticed this a few times, the manager never willingly takes obvious opportunities to praise Borna. In the post match video last night his first thought is to praise Culshaw for two set pieces goals! I can safely say Culshaw had nothing to do with the first mate!
now, when asked he does praise the goal but compare this with Alfie, Goldson or even Jack who get praise without prompting.

Anyone else notice the reticence? It’s almost as if he's never lost his initial first impression of Borna and even though he’s often our best player, there’s a grudging tone there still.

Maybe he wants more from him because he knows he’s capable but I think more likely SG is just a wee bit too stubborn in his judgments
I think this is a shocking assertion to make.
Trouble making nonsense of the highest order.
If there was animosity, would their be new contracts or even team selection for Barisic?
Would he not just be sold?
By the way, unless you absolutely know different, I’d suggest Culshaw might have been instrumental in the free kick goal last night.
Maybe there was something in the positioning of the wall and the goalkeeper or their movement that Barisic wouldn’t ordinarily be aware of meaning he could set his sights differently.
I don’t know to be honest and Borna did supply the biggest ingredient in the goal.
However, if you know differently, I’m prepared to be educated.

Your half right imo, he does praise Jack without being prompted but think thats because Jack is a midfielder. I dont think he has any issues with or about Barisic and as others have said, the embrace with Borna at parkhead showed real emotion. SG knows he can depend on him and also knows he would be hard to replace.
Maybe that’s because he doesn’t see Jack getting the praise he feels the player is due.
Whether that be down to our ignorance of the role Jack is being asked to play or not, I’ve no idea.
Just thinking out loud.

Maybe that’s because he doesn’t see Jack getting the praise he feels the player is due.
Whether that be down to our ignorance of the role Jack is being asked to play or not, I’ve no idea.
Just thinking out loud.
Im a Jack fan, I was meaning that as a midfielder SG may see more in the players who play that position. Wasnt my intention to slight Jack.

Borna has given the manager exactly what he was after, and more. I've no doubt SG absolutely loves the guy as he is a class act. BB doesn't strike me as the type to need the public praise.

1. That was the point I was making, pointing out the irony of Culshaw being praised for the set piece goals first.
2. A guy in the thread absolutely did not know who Culshaw was.

again, here’s the misplaced confidence of some FFers who fly into an important thread, which they do not fully read, and then confidently spout on what they assume the issue at hand to be.

No wonder nothing ever gets sorted around here

An important thread??? This is contrived at best. Gerrard didnt say I love Borna so he doesn't like him seems to be the point

tenor.gif
Oh no! Watch out for these Threads:
"How Many Gers has SG kissed?"
"Do You Think SG snogged Liverpool Players more than Ours? :("

Maybe he doesn’t want to hype the player too much as the vultures will start to circle. He’s a quality player

Borna strikes me as the kind of guy who knows his stuff and is happy to be left out the spotlight.

First you introduce smut and now you bring the Croatian national manager into it. Why are you trying to ruin my thread?

enjoy the holiday BTW mate

I missed this, smut on FF, shocking stuff, where is it ?! :))

Gotta be the most ridiculous thread ever. Not one person is agreeing with you, but you struggle onward valiantly in your effort to justify something that clearly exists only in your own imagination.
Plaudits to you (directly from me) for providing some light entertainment is these dark times.

Borna is a very good player, however I do wish he would learn to use his right foot, at times he looks so bloody awkward.

Borna is a very good player, however I do wish he would learn to use his right foot, at times he looks so bloody awkward.

Yes it is just you, it must be hard being a rangers player sometimes when every little thing is thing is scrutinised to the enth degree.

Sorry pal but your over thinking this.

I’m sure if it was that easy he would. Some of the games greatest players have been very one footed, and it certainly isn’t holding Barisic back at the moment.

Once again on follow follow any difference in opinion is viewed as the end of the world and the obvious end thread crap as someone has a different opinion.

Respect that others may have a different opinion to yours and grow up. Holidays are coming for those being blatantly rude or disrespectful. It’s getting worse recently for some reason.

Davie Cooper comes to mind.

Absolutely. El Diego too, most consider him the greatest ever so being one footed certainly never held either of these guys back.

I could understand complaining about Borna’s one footedness if he kept cutting back on his right and not knowing what to do or something like that, but he’s playing fantastically so I can’t say I’m too fussed.

Don't take this the wrong way OP, but I think Covid has made us all a little bit more paranoid than normal. Everywhere you look people are seeing agendas in regards something or other.

I think the gaffer praised Borna sufficiently. I believe he called it a world class strike and acknowledged he practiced free kicks in training and that the goal was well deserved.

Last edited:
This thread is a laugh, the OP misrepresented what Gerrard said (he praised Culshaw for the set piece for Aribo’s goal not Borna’s) ignored the praise Gerrard gave Borna then argues blind that he is correct and everyone else is daft :)) :)) :))

This thread is a laugh, the OP misrepresented what Gerrard said (he praised Culshaw for the set piece for Aribo’s goal not Borna’s) ignored the praise Gerrard gave Borna then argues blind that he is correct and everyone else is daft :)) :)) :))

thanks. I stand by my OP, which wasn’t a wind up... but it’s a different, far less controversial point than the one people wanted to read and react to.

Since that first post I’ve just been having a laugh because some people are so far up their own arses they eat their breakfast twice.

I think my favourite part, if I do say so myself, was the sentence “this is why we never get anything done around here”. :)

thanks. I stand by my OP, which wasn’t a wind up... but it’s a different, far less controversial point than the one people wanted to read and react to.

Since that first post I’ve just been having a laugh because some people are so far up their own arses they eat their breakfast twice.

I think my favourite part, if I do say so myself, was the sentence “this is why we never get anything done around here”. :)
Principled to stand by your OP, but asking for people’s thoughts then taking offence when they disagree is another thing! And I don’t mean those who have indulged in smut or at the wind up!

Last edited:
Principled to stand by your OP, but asking for people’s thoughts then taking offence when they disagree is another thing! And I don’t mean those who have indulged in smut or at the wind up!
Sorry mate, just to be clear: I wasn’t serious about any of it apart from the OP. The reaction to the OP was funny. It went something like

Me: “firstly, please don’t just call me a c*nt and I’m not saying anything major here but have you noticed x/y/z and remember, please don’t call me a c*nt.”

response 1: you’re a c*nt
response 2: you’re a c*nt
response 3: yes I noticed that but it’s not a big deal
response 4: you’re a c*nt
response 5: i can’t believe you would stoop to such a c*ntish thing to do OP.

You might as well play along right? :)

Sorry mate, just to be clear: I wasn’t serious about any of it apart from the OP. The reaction to the OP was funny. It went something like

Me: “firstly, please don’t just call me a c*nt and I’m not saying anything major here but have you noticed x/y/z and remember, please don’t call me a c*nt.”

response 1: you’re a c*nt
response 2: you’re a c*nt
response 3: yes I noticed that but it’s not a big deal
response 4: you’re a c*nt
response 5: i can’t believe you would stoop to such a c*ntish thing to do OP.

You might as well play along right? :)
For what it’s worth, it has been one of the best threads I’ve seen in a long time! Especially as it’s over a small point!

I see SG and BB we’re all over each other at the press conference today.

Good, glad my thread had the desired effect and the manager has woken up to Borna’s needs.

I’ll take no further questions on this matter at this time

Now, don’t take the easy route with the thread title... we’re all grown ups here and it’s ok to ask questions.

I’ve noticed this a few times, the manager never willingly takes obvious opportunities to praise Borna. In the post match video last night his first thought is to praise Culshaw for two set pieces goals! I can safely say Culshaw had nothing to do with the first mate!
now, when asked he does praise the goal but compare this with Alfie, Goldson or even Jack who get praise without prompting.

Anyone else notice the reticence? It’s almost as if he's never lost his initial first impression of Borna and even though he’s often our best player, there’s a grudging tone there still.

Maybe he wants more from him because he knows he’s capable but I think more likely SG is just a wee bit too stubborn in his judgments

Oh

Suspect he remembers Bornas less than staunch respons early days, he knows what works
Keep the lazy bastards on their toes

Back