Mark Allen, I gave Rangers board a list of potential bosses to replace flop Pedro Caixinha 2 days

following the 2 games v dons and then hibs I couldn’t wait for the next batch of games, I thought we would be pushing on to galvanise 2nd and put pressure on the rotten mob. Fast forward a week or so and now I am sort of dreading the next couple of weeks, the 2 games and even the transfer window. Something has to change , the board must be aware of that.

Can't blame him if he wants out.

He has come from a well run, well organised club which has great leadershop and ambition. We are the exact opposite of that and as a non-Rangers man he could not be blamed for getting out of this mess under King and day to day with the incompetent Robertson.

Stenhousemuir are better run than us !!

I'm praying for a takeover.
Im joining you in prayer MoodyBlue. I won’t be calling for the board to go without a viable alternative but I’ll pray for an alternative to descend. Again! The only thing this board appears to have going for it is we know they’re not pocketing the cash but the circus is getting to Llambias levels of embarrassing ffs.

He's supposed to have an up to date data base (list) of candidates at his fingertips. Apparently none of them were suitable. In other words his list was useless.

And it took him 2 days. I can do a useless list in 20 minutes even though I dont have a "philosophy and ethos" to guide me.
You mean that the money side of things were changed which took real contenders out of the reckoning and made Allen look a bit of a trumpet.

We are talking about the Rangers job mate not Cowdenbeath of course there were many good guys wanting the job.

We might not get 'transparency' from the Board but, for those who've been crying out for it, here it is in all its glory from Mark Allen. It's not a strange interview for him to give - it was pre-planned. He and Robertson sat down with Murty to announce his appointment and then each of them had 1-to-1s with the Press afterwards. What each of them was going to say would have been agreed beforehand.

You can interpret it as 'working his ticket', you can interpret it as 'not my fault, guv'nor' or any other way you like. I read it as Allen saying he did his bit, he drew up his list with an indication of positives and negatives for each of the names thereon and he handed it to the Board - as was his remit. Thereafter, it's for the Board to address what went wrong.

We don't know what names were on his list but, at a guess, I'd say there were some 'names' (Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, perhaps), some former employees (McInnes, GvB, McLeish, perhaps) and some 'rising stars' (Ten Haag, perhaps). We will never know. They would also have had his comments on any applications they had received. The Board would have ruled some out on grounds of cost, others on lack of experience, others as being 'past it' - that's what the Board are there to do having given due consideration to Allen's pros and cons for each 'candidate'. They made their choice to go for McInnes - many saw it as the 'pragmatic' approach - but had it blow up in their faces when he 'declined' (let's not go over the reasons for that again). Instead of moving on to the next best candidate they appear to have been stumped by this. Who knows why? Such outcomes are virtually inevitable in any search to fill a high-ranking position.

I can see plenty wrong with the Board's actions - I don't see too much wrong in Allen's interview to be honest.

Last edited:
Hate all this washing our dirty laundry in public. Its a sad state that the board and club officials can’t be mature and professional enough to discuss such important matters on policy and recruitment in private rather than go squealing to a rag such as the record. The board seem unable to allow a professional to do his job . It’s all window dressing and our club is lurching from crisis to crisis. Some players have downed tools and others never lifted them up in the first place.
The only thing that’s certain is the loyalty of the support who despite everything that’s happened over the years, despite the predictions that we would walk away, despite the media onslaught we are still turning up in numbers that other clubs can only dream of. We surely deserve honesty from the board, not headlines in papers who now openly detest us.

Robertson's Q and A suggested we have approached other managers but have found it hard to persuade them to manage in Scotland.

f26842c55618ab44ca5b06e479d40b03.png

After Shittodrie and Easter Road, I wouldnt put it past this Jekyll and Hyde mob to go to the piggery and win.

This has been one mental season, on and off the park.

Looks like our DOF is looking for a way out.

And no doubt the team he's built for scouting with him if that is the case. Who knows if he's working his ticket. He's pretty much stating he did his job. For whatever reason nothing materialized. I've got to think finance is part of this. The magic roundabout just keeps turning.

Last edited:
the article says the board told him Murty is the preferred candidate after Del failed that's madness. Now apparently McLeish would turn it down what is happening to this football club and it's not Allen's fault IMO
To be honest i don,think it is either.we have a board who put money into the club and it seems to me like to interfere with the daily running of the club..

I am a pretend DOF get me out of here,

Hopefully Robertson falls on his sword as well a waste of over 500,000 a year between them.
How exactly do you know hes a waste of timehes only been in the job since august.do you expect him to wave a magic wand and everything will be just dandy.

If you read between the lines,what he said was he had a list of names,then the board told him what we all guessed all along is that they do not have the money to employ a decent manager and poor Murty is the cheap fall guy.

How exactly do you know hes a waste of timehes only been in the job since august.do you expect him to wave a magic wand and everything will be just dandy.

His signings for a start, His condescending crap along with the other one at the Murty press conference says barrel loads ,
Also the fact its taken 9 weeks to appoint a youth coach but apparently that's nothing to do with him hes not done much decent research or we would have come up with a better option than McInnes,

I will be surprised if hes still here at the end of the season even less chance of Murty.

The unanswered $64000 question is why McInnes ‘changed his mind/bottled it/had second thoughts’? Anything to do with Milne wanting the compensation of roughly £1m up front (not unusual) or did McInnes simply look at the board and think ‘no way’?

Milne said we'd agreed to pay compensation

We don’t need a DOF it’s madness
Yes we do. It is an important role in the running of the footballing side of any big club. We seem to have the proper management structures in place such as Executive Board, CEO, Footballing Board and DoF however one or more individuals are really not up to their job.

Just my opinion Bears, but I don't think we can blame the DoF, I think we all know it is the board that has mis-managed this whole sorry episode in our club's history.

I don’t blame him in the slightest. He has a reputation and a future to think about. This board, King, Robertson and yes Traynor have got to go. Send the buggers back.

Imo King has pulled a SDM style PLG situation with the DOF.

Get the guy in with no real intention of backing him, first thought something was up when Bomber was appointed a scout.

Think Allen just wants out as the job is to big for him esp with little backing.

His signings for a start, His condescending crap along with the other one at the Murty press conference says barrel loads ,
Also the fact its taken 9 weeks to appoint a youth coach but apparently that's nothing to do with him hes not done much decent research or we would have come up with a better option than McInnes,

I will be surprised if hes still here at the end of the season even less chance of Murty.
Fact is he is answerable to the board .they make the final decision on who the manager is .not mark allen.you seem to forget that mcinnes was kings choice and the rest of the board wern,t keen on the idea.they thought they could get someone better .for what ever reason be it money whats going on at the club they couldn,t get anyone better.personally think its to do with money but that is just my opinion. Marl allen is an employee not a board memberthey are the people who he answers to.they make the final dession on who gets the job.s i,ve said the guys only been in the job since august so at least give him a chance to prove you wrong or right. Save your anger for the board mate.

McInnes never came due to the fact he didn't have input into who was signed. His power was diminished to head coach. He sees himself as a manager

Well said. Just my opinion, we need a DoF now more than ever, this transfer window is key and the DoF and the scouting department need to get this right.
Would agree with you .espically since we have a youth coach as our current manager.

Robertson's Q and A suggested we have approached other managers but have found it hard to persuade them to manage in Scotland.

f26842c55618ab44ca5b06e479d40b03.png

I'm not sure how this all works but by simply putting forward a list then you would encounter all the problems listed above. Would inviting applications for the job not at least eliminate all those who had no interest in the job or coming to Scotland? Surely agents would be in touch with the names of interested clients.

McInnes never came due to the fact he didn't have input into who was signed. His power was diminished to head coach. He sees himself as a manager

He'd agreed to join (apparently) - was the process of recruiting players not discussed prior to the agreement?

It doesn't add up.

Fact is he is answerable to the board .they make the final decision on who the manager is .not mark allen.you seem to forget that mcinnes was kings choice and the rest of the board wern,t keen on the idea.they thought they could get someone better .for what ever reason be it money whats going on at the club they couldn,t get anyone better.personally think its to do with money but that is just my opinion. Marl allen is an employee not a board memberthey are the people who he answers to.they make the final dession on who gets the job.s i,ve said the guys only been in the job since august so at least give him a chance to prove you wrong or right. Save your anger for the board mate.

I think he’s full of hot air and bluster he should never have been given the job to start off with .

The Nemane signing and his Gushing about John the other day as well as his bull about Murty I am not wearing.

Let’s see who he brings in January and the Summer if he’s still about by then.

The board are a complete shambles but what’s the solution?.

I tend to agree with what Mark Allen is saying here, the blame for all this lies squarely with the board.

Derek McInness didn’t bottle it, he wanted the job and the board fucked it up

I am actually beginning to get really uncomfortable at the way our club are treating our employees. It goes all the way back to Warburton.

Our name will be toxic in footballing circles under this board.

Can you imagine what we the fans would be like if this was happening under the regime fronted by chuckles & his fellow scumbags?

Mark Allen can recommend...that is the extent of it.

If the Board don't like it..he's telt tae think again.

I don't think many of us would accept this situation if we were brought in with a remit to transform the structure of the club.

He'd have been better of in his position at the Man City.

Is this board so bad to work for that everybody wants out a few months after they take the role. Except Stewart Robertson that needs to be a yes man because he would never get another job as remotely good anywhere else.

I think he’s full of hot air and bluster he should never have been given the job to start off with .

The Nemane signing and his Gushing about John the other day as well as his bull about Murty I am not wearing.

Let’s see who he brings in January and the Summer if he’s still about by then.

The board are a complete shambles but what’s the solution?.
Your correct mate lets see what he brings in the january transfer window..i,m pretty sure nemane was actually meant to be in the development squad but i may be wrong on that.we need to give the man some time to see what he can bring to the table but i,ve a funny feeling his hands are tied by the board . Thats just an opionon mate nothing more.

I don't think many of us would accept this situation if we were brought in with a remit to transform the structure of the club.

He'd have been better of in his position at the Man City.
Thing is mate mark allen is an employee nothing more .the final decision rests with the board.

Mark Allen can recommend...that is the extent of it.

If the Board don't like it..he's telt tae think again.

Bit mad that he had a list to them within 2 days but took 6 weeks to then come up with McInnes.

As others have said though, he 100% sounds like he's working his ticket.

Your correct mate lets see what he brings in the january transfer window..i,m pretty sure nemane was actually meant to be in the development squad but i may be wrong on that.we need to give the man some time to see what he can bring to the table but i,ve a funny feeling his hands are tied by the board . Thats just an opionon mate nothing more.

Agreed let’s just wait and see but if the board are tying his hands they might as well just get rid and employ a Chief scout and a decent quality Manager.

Still far from convinced though.

Back