Mark McGivern of the Daily Record does love a Union Jack story

You might not like it, the flag or the song, but where is the hate crime?

This country has went fùcking mental. And sadly it’s a total one way street where you need to be on the correct side of o’ffendedness for it to count.

It’s a madhouse.

The wording of the hate crime bill is intentionally ambiguous so it can be applied very liberally.

You might not like it, the flag or the song, but where is the hate crime?

This country has went fùcking mental. And sadly it’s a total one way street where you need to be on the correct side of o’ffendedness for it to count.

It’s a madhouse.
It's not the country that's went mental it's the people who inhabit it for standing back and tolerating fcuk wits like this in the media.

I’m sure most posters know, but just for context on McGivern.

4FB7470B-87F0-4428-90E9-D930934365C1.jpg

Crazy behaviour from the warden for a start to wind up that lot.

HMP Low Moss hasn't flown the Union flag for years, saltire and EU one all the time.

To be fair to the under-talented writer, he is only playing up to his under-thinking readership to boost a flailing circulation. Sectarianism sells.

Crazy behaviour from the warden for a start to wind up that lot.

HMP Low Moss hasn't flown the Union flag for years, saltire and EU one all the time.
They have an approved list of days that the UJ should be flown if this isn’t being adhered to it is because of bitter bastards that work within the SPS.

the only hate crime i see is the story pure fiction, nothing that big sauce,wee sauce or the spokesperson said.

No hate crime.

Union Flag and The Sash is a hate crime? Someone better fucking tell the Queen.

The article does say he warmed into the routine and started a crusade of sectarian abuse.

I'd imagine it's that part that's getting him done, and nothing to do with the Union Jack/Sash part.
Exactly this, almost as if this celtc supporting, nationalist journo was attempting to drip feed a narrative into hard of thinking minds where displaying the flag of our country will be accepted as a hate crime. Utterly pathetic and transparent reporting.

My favourite part
'Witnesses have said prisoners in their cells couldn't believe what they were hearing... Some may have found it a bit of a laugh until it got out of hand'
All delivered without even a hint of irony.

This is terrible A Union Jack inside one of Her Majesties institutions no less. The guests should demand a refund.

Said in jest of course but, I wouldn’t be at all surprised at all if the Low Moss version of Andy Dufresne is busy working through compensation forms.

P.S. Wonder who grassed him up, a prisoner or a manky officer

Last edited:
This is terrible A Union Jack inside one of Her Majesties institutions no less. The gusts should demand a refund.

Said in jest of course but, I wouldn’t be at all surprised at all if the Low Moss version of Andy Dufresne is busy working through compensation forms.

Given the action taken by the Governor this is almost certainly been the work of Tim colleagues reporting this and pressurising him to act.

Screws and cons are natural enemies, like cats and dogs. Some crash barrier has just seen an opportunity to feck the screw over and took it.

IMO a screw shouldn't be swaggering around a wing singing the sash waving a flag. Just the same as he shouldn't be waving a tricolour and singing some rebel pish. A jail being a powder keg is a complete understatement.

Not exactly being professional in his duties. The tim with a typewriter is still a prick though. Never forget this lady's front bottom.

Funny how all the people upset by it at the prison were behind bars and the guy with the flag and singing, whilst not committing any crimes, was working.

This is terrible A Union Jack inside one of Her Majesties institutions no less. The gusts should demand a refund.

Given the culture within the SPS I can say with a degree of certainty it will have been a bitter 19th century Irish terrorist colleague of his.

Message starts......

Waving a Union flag.
Singing The Sash.

Anywhere.

Both criminally sectarian behaviour.
Especially when done together.

.... Message ends.

Last edited:
Just for context, here is what the author of this story (Mark McGivern) is all about, he's an expert on spouting hate crimes

Btw nice to see that the Record condone journalists who write such anti-semitic crap and don't sack them, tells you everything you need to know about them and their so called investigation into the numerous bigoted, and hateful content/views their very own employees (especially McGivern) hold

Last edited:
Back