Mark Warburton

An absolute fraud of a manager.
And this, of course, is the correct answer.
A man who was a failed footballer, went and worked in the City and then spend his well earned money on coaching badges because he felt like a wee change, then proceeded to put his ideas to bad use.

A director of football at absolute best, he shouldn’t have been anywhere near our managers seat or office.

I just couldn’t take to the guy at all.

I liked Pedro, and in time I think he'd have been a success. . . .Obviously I wouldn't change a thing now tho
Genuine question mate, what on earth makes you think this?

As for Warburton; he played some fantastic stuff in the beginning. The Hibs 6-2 game was a good start and then the game at Xmas when we beat them 4-2 was a cracking atmosphere. We also had a good win in the cup against Dundee at Ibrox and then the obvious highlight of his entire reign was beating the bheggars at Hampden.

Everything after that was dreadful. I wouldn't have been disappointed to see him sacked after the cup final loss as you could see it coming a mile away with our end of season form. A loss at Tynecastle followed by him saying he had a duty to look after Bournemouth's player, the Joey Barton fiasco which was handled terribly and the negotiations with Forest behind our clubs back are just some of the black marks against him. He also basically admitted that he shat himself when he saw the "Going For 55" banner in our first game back in the top flight so it was best that he left when he did.

He got us promoted and in the end his weakness as a manager was found out. He can’t build a defence for shit. He’s not suited to being a first team manager, I think head of a youth academy probably suits him to a tee.

Reading the thread he’s not our worst ever manager, that lies at caixinha, woeful manager for us.

I don't know if I am ready to relive the dark days in nostalgia fest, I might steer clear of threads like this until after 55. #mentalhealth

He'd be far better off getting himself abroad. Don't watch the MLS, but maybe even the States would suit him better..?

His style of play will always get him in trouble in the UK.

Back