Martin Bain letter/leaflet to fans

by the pesky blighters or something like that?

Personally, I thought it was racist and embarrassing and thoroughly nasty. It also gave any 'banter' argument zero credibility. Edgar was blindsided on the radio and he, understandably, didn't have a leg to stand on.

I sat in Amo's restaurant in Florence the morning after the night before and a table of middle aged couples sang the full thing, a real cringe moment. I prefer 'anyone, everyone' to be honest.

the single line chant was spot on, the song was a perfect example of how we always make an arse of defending the support, we always give the enemies the loaded gun.

IMHO
Yes well there is a time and place for everything.
I can't recall all the lyrics, was it racist?
I thought it more tribal.
Football is tribal.
Always has been.

To be honest it doesn't need a date. If we as Rangers fans want to see us reaching the top of Scottish and European football and staying there, it's important not to be seen or heard playing tit for tat any sort of sectarian abuse. It doesn't matter if the 'others' do it. What's more important is Rangers reputation. I've never been so proud of what Stevie G. players and staff have achieved thus far so let's not give the anti-Gers Brigade ie. The mhedia, SNP, SFA and SPFL any excuses to continue with with their negative rhetoric. It's on the pitch that matters. We are the best and biggest, more trophies and soon to be the 55th league win. WATP
Another 'Brian has just found ot he's shagged Quagmire's da' scenario.

When we have equality, when we have parity of esteem, that's when you're words will ring true.

Back