Masterclass Collum

The penalty deserves a thread of its own.
VAR obviously thought it was a dive. Gollum knew better.
Never a penalty in a million years.
He's kicked Diomande in the leg and threw himself to the ground. Enough celtic cheerleaders will throw doubt on it, claim it was a 50/50 decision and we'll never hear of it again.

It had no bearing on the result but it's yet another big VAR decision going for celtic which is one in every old firm game since VAR was introduced.

What about when Gerrard won there and still called out Father Clancy? Were the players and manager weak that day?

Again it’s shows weakness. The reason rangers lost today is poor tactics, poor footballers and a lack of heart. The club is riddled with losers

O'Riley clearly kicks Diamonde on the back of the leg. He then takes a belated dive yet Collum with the benefit of slow motion still shites the bed and awards it.

We will be hearing another story of a wrong VAR call in the coming weeks. If I'm not mistaken thats one in every OF game this season that has gone in their favour.

Red wise I don't think it's a red but per var it is so he got the decision wrong deliberately knowing car would upgrade it.

The rodent saw him coming and got in front to take the hit knowing what the decision would be none of our players do that apart from cantwell
That's a bigger issue.

He gave them every 50/50 could in first 30 mins

But in general not one that impacted game

The own goal happens because 2 of our players leave the ball they run on to it and take it up the park and show I'm not sure if davies should have scRanged for it or there was a player running in that would have touched it in

Was unlucky own goal

He prob doesn't make the challenge of he hadn't scored the own goal.

The penalty was outrageous. Also, a lot will miss the one in the first half at 0-0 where Silva goes past Johnston and is bursting into space in the box and collum invents a foul because Johnston fell on his arse. It was a brilliant opportunity and he didn't even let it play out.

Red card was deserved, soft penalty but it didn’t matter. Nothing else that really mattered from the referee
While i agree with you regarding the sending off I'm not sure about the soft penalty, for me not even contact ,

Had zero influence on the game but was poor. Let Scales manhandle Dessers and that pen was laughable.
An incorrect penalty decision, a soft red card, failure to send off McGregor, a Hatate scissor challenge that was more dangerous than Lundstram's got a deserved yellow but wasn't dealt with the same as our foul.
2 big monitor decisions both wrong, attitude and disdain towards Rangers players clearly visible all day with the way he was barking verbals at them.
Zero influence you say

The penalty is a dive, he kicks dio, then his foot lands then he falls with his hand in the air.

But that is not why we lost. Not trcking a runner, kicking the ball in your own net and then diving in studs up, thats why we lost.

The amount a fans starting to sound like the tims and behaving like them is absolutely embarrassing. The referee hasn’t cost us the league the standard of player and team performance has. The directors need to have a hard long look at themselves the quality of transfers and investment in the last few years has been woeful and it’s only a matter a time before that mob overtake us for league titles.

I don't think Collum was too bad today. Although the penalty was soft in the extreme.

Lundstram gave the officials a decision to make. Stupid.

One thing I did have a problem with though was at the red, the ref goes to the monitor to see a still image! That shouldn't be allowed. Should be normal speed. Fouls always look worse when slowed down or a still image.

the referee is the least of our worries man.
What?
Called to the monitor as it was clearly not a foul, O'Riley kicks Diomande and then dives, but sticks to his guns anyway and gives the penalty.
All from a guy who was on VAR the last time we were there and basically said, nothing to see here when Googly Eyes hand balled it out the park from inside his own box.
I think we have massive problems with ref's.

You're off your rocker if you don't think he should be discussed.

I'll say it again, you'll have dozens of other threads to vent your ire at the team.

This one is particularly for the ref's performance.
How difficult is that to understand?
Absolutely agree - discussing the referee’s performance is a legimate part of any match, win lose or draw. If people don’t want to participate, then leave it to those who do. The team’s performance is a different discussion.

An incorrect penalty decision, a soft red card, failure to send off McGregor, a Hatate scissor challenge that was more dangerous than Lundstram's got a deserved yellow but wasn't dealt with the same as our foul.
2 big monitor decisions both wrong, attitude and disdain towards Rangers players clearly visible all day with the way he was barking verbals at them.
Zero influence you say

Most blatant red card you will ever seen - lose all credibility if you genuinely think that wasn't a red. Only thing he got wrong was the penalty.

We were mince, again. We brought Scott Wright on as our dynamic attacking sub, again. We have way bigger concerns.

He's a terrible referee, and the penalty was a shocker, but he's not the reason we lost to them yet again. Lundstram more than anyone is.

John Lundstrams red card was correct, but that penalty was a disgraceful decision. O’Riley blatantly dived. It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. At least JB saved it, which, as much as he makes magical saves, penalties are not his forte.

3 people cost us today, none of them were Collum.

Clement, Lundstram, Tavernier.

If I’m looking for a balanced appraisal of a referee the last place I’ll look is on here after a doing against the yahoos.

The team are always leaving it down to the quality of the ref and many on here are oddly, consistently surprised that the refs are poor. Today the ref was right about the red but wrong about the penalty. TBH his usual mediocrity really didnt factor in to the final outcome. They had to be play mistake free and they choked as usual.

There are a lot of people, on and off the pitch, who should bear that result squarely on their shoulders.

Collum is not one of them.

It was a red card.
It wasn’t a penalty.

50% success rate is good for a Scottish ref!

However, his performance was not the reason for our defeat. Anyone that thinks that needs to pull their head from the sand.

55 season we nullified the officials through quick one touch football and taking the chances we created by and large (yes we shat it on the cups).
That's our only hope of beating them to the title.
Playing aging, mistake ridden players gives the likes of collum the influence they are waiting to use!
If we don't make it through the CL qualifiers we're looking at rebuilding a team with £15-20 million, it's become make or brake every summer now.
Personally I think celtc are happy how things go in Europe as they pick up the money to keep us arms length and bank the extra for litigation and stadium works. Their goal is overtaking our trophy count.

Thought he did reasonably well until that penalty decision. Should have booked the c*nt for simulation. Shocking decision to award the pen, especially when you have 3 different camera angles in HD to aid your decision.

The amount a fans starting to sound like the tims and behaving like them is absolutely embarrassing. The referee hasn’t cost us the league the standard of player and team performance has. The directors need to have a hard long look at themselves the quality of transfers and investment in the last few years has been woeful and it’s only a matter a time before that mob overtake us for league titles.
Nobody is saying the referee cost us the league we were beaten because we were not good enough.But are we gonna just lie down and accept bad decisions going against us in EVERY Old firm game this season.It needs to be called out.The red card was correct,but for me he got so much wrong.

You're talking about today, my question you skirted around involved the same degree of poor officiating in a win
I think in general moaning about referees etc shows weakness. Weak people look for excuses. The reality is that we get decisions at times and we certainly get bad ones against us also. The reason we aren't winning leagues isn't due to officials

What?
Called to the monitor as it was clearly not a foul, O'Riley kicks Diomande and then dives, but sticks to his guns anyway and gives the penalty.
All from a guy who was on VAR the last time we were there and basically said, nothing to see here when Googly Eyes hand balled it out the park from inside his own box.
I think we have massive problems with ref's.
apparently the referee giving fouls for nothing, an incorrect penalty, giving them free kicks anytime they fell to the ground while allowing our players to be manhandled has no bearing on the match.

But we can only discuss it when we win. Cool.

Most blatant red card you will ever seen - lose all credibility if you genuinely think that wasn't a red. Only thing he got wrong was the penalty.

We were mince, again. We brought Scott Wright on as our dynamic attacking sub, again. We have way bigger concerns.
Every free kick is a red card then if we are freeze framing the point of contact to make decisions after the phase of play. I think there is every right to discuss why the Lundstram card, Sterling red card earlier in the season, the disallowed Dessers goal, the Souttar handball are they decisions that other teams get against them also?
The recent Var review are pretty damning in that wrong calls have impacted our club more than the others

I think in general moaning about referees etc shows weakness. Weak people look for excuses. The reality is that we get decisions at times and we certainly get bad ones against us also. The reason we aren't winning leagues isn't due to officials
Gerrard was weak then, that's enough for me then.
Thank you

Gerrard was weak then, that's enough for me then.
Thank you
anybody who blames losing a league on one or two decisions is weak and looking for excuses. We lost today because Celtic are better than us in nearly every position

Every free kick is a red card then if we are freeze framing the point of contact to make decisions after the phase of play. I think there is every right to discuss why the Lundstram card, Sterling red card earlier in the season, the disallowed Dessers goal, the Souttar handball are they decisions that other teams get against them also?
The recent Var review are pretty damning in that wrong calls have impacted our club more than the others
Stills should only be used by VAR for offsides.

FFS -the worst image is facing the ref today as soon as he goes to the monitor!

Back