Masterclass Collum

He got the big calls right today. 100% a red and the penalty can be debated both ways but for me Diomande is clumsy…as he often is….and there’s enough context for a pen to be awarded.

No excuses today, players and management not good enough again.

Just a quick note

A decision isn't context when its 2 players and contact, it is a factual matter

Does the celtic player initiate contact?
does the rangers players initiate and make contact enough to impede the celtic player and make him go over?

It wasn't the 2nd, so in all honesty, you can take your "context" nonsense and shove it up your arse.

I don't get the idiots shouting oh but we have other issues.

While we can slate the players and management for deficiencies , if the referee doesn't referee the teams equally you are against it from the start.

The Penalty was a disgrace, and was 2 fingers up to us for questioning us, it was a disgraceful decision.

If McGregor makes the challenge JL makes, and I think it is a red, then he is given a yellow and we all know it, these things change games.

Silva got zero from Collum, and yet everytime Johnstone went down he got a free kick.

the referee dictates the pace of the game and the rhythm teams get in.

This utter nonsense of "forget the referees we have issues anyway" is so fucking stupid is bordering on Stockholm syndrome,
Exactly. There is no denying we played crap but, we also didnt need to be up against the Ref as well as the tramps. The ref should be fair and impartial and Collum clearly was not today. There was all that you mention but, also other things such as O'Riley could have been booked when he ran off the pitch to celebrate after scoring as I've seen Collum book other players including ours for doing that to even way Collum was with our players and how he spoke to them!

Last edited:
This trend of players making no effort to play the ball but rather putting a foot out so as to be touched by opposition player is just cheating as far as I am concerned. It was never a penalty. Johnstone I suppose has a right to protect the ball so a foul is the right call, but Lundstam made an honest attempt to get the ball it was just that Johnstone put his foot between Lundstam and the ball. Yellow card for me not red.

Also seems small at the time. But I’m pretty sure hatate pulls Raskin shirt with about 12 mins to go. He’s on a booking. It’s a second yellow. He had booked McGregor for same thing on halfway line. I’m happy to be corrected but at the time I was sure it was hatate.

It’s these small details over the 4 matches where they always seem ti gain the advantage.

Surely over four matches something goes Rangers way??

Roofe goal. Dessers goal .

Last match there Johnston Bernardo no second yellow.

Also Forgot to add. Collum on var earlier in season didn’t think Johnston punching ball out of play wasn’t a penalty or at least ti suggest to ref it’s worth another look. Yes sima was offside but that was luck not why they got the outcome of no penalty at the time.

Today no second yellow. For hatate or McGregor.

That does not mean rangers haven’t done the job required. Lacked a cutting edge. Shat it Vs Ross county and Dundee.

But you can also ask that ref does the job they are paid to do.

Last edited:
Not seen it yet, but watching Sky Sports today, there was a penalty awarded (sure it was Bournemouth v Brentford)

All agreed there was contact, all understood why it was awarded

However, VAR asked for on field review on the basis the striker had 'initiated contact' from the defender. Result - pen overturned and all panel, including Mike Dean, accepted a good use of VAR

Compared with Collum today with O'Reillys amateur dramatics.

Would like to say it's simply just cause EPL refs and VAR are just better, but with Collum, it's just a wee bit more sinister

Blokes focussing on the ref are deluded.
Really??

First game of the season stonewaller turned down at Rugby park. We lost

First OF game perfectly good goal disallowed. We lost!!

Motherwell at Ibrox boy who scores Motherwells winning goal escapes Red card for dreadful challenge on McAusland. We lost

I didn’t see todays game but the only game we’ve lost this season fairly was the Sheep humiliation at Ibrox

Really??

First game of the season stonewaller turned down at Rugby park. We lost

First OF game perfectly good goal disallowed. We lost!!

Motherwell at Ibrox boy who scores Motherwells winning goal escapes Red card for dreadful challenge on McAusland. We lost

I didn’t see todays game but the only game we’ve lost this season fairly was the Sheep humiliation at Ibrox

Yes really.

Is it worry? Yes, im not saying it isn’t. Is it the main worry? No.

The imbalanced squad, lack of quality, sky high wage bill, fitness and lack of heart and desire are much bigger worries.

Penalty summed this cheats performance up.
Gave it right away. Var thought it was dodgy made him look and still gave it . No way would he have gave us one right away . We knew what we were going to get from today. Absolutely nothing and so it was . Robertson as fourth getting Birdseye view of what he has to die in the final as he will be the referee

The penalty is the only decision really that Collum can be castrated for - and ultimately that was meaningless in the context of todays game

The rest, well, that was on the players on the park

Amazing what the ref misses and VAR does not query, the aforementioned tackle sorry assault on McAusland by SEAN CASEY not reviewed or noticed , now Lundstrum foul on Plug today was never being missed, full stop....and the laugh is McLean who failed to give Nawrocki a 2nd yellow at Pittodrie which alters the game as they would have had to take off a forward to bring on a defender and not Kuhn who equalised to get them a point. Small decisions like that all add up, as we have been informed that VAR has shafted us the most this season but all refs are masons.

Weak players and clubs blame referees.
The reason they have won the league is due to them being better all over the pitch. Only Sterling and Butland would get a game for Celtic
I reckon you could add Ridvan and maybe one of our CB’s instead of Scales but it’s slim pickings after that 4. Sima, Cortes if fit.

People will know me on here as a stats guy. My background includes a decent education in statistics and probability. We could get into the mechanics of if it but there’s no need to at a layman’s level. It’s a forum not a university class room.

Quite frankly the probability of no major decisions going against Celtic game after game after game against Rangers while at least one major call repeatedly goes against Rangers doesn’t need any hypothesis testing, any calculations of expected value, or any statistic applied to it. The nature of football, the closeness in ability of the two teams would suggest that both

A) the major decisions will occur and

B) that their would be an expectation they would positively and negatively affect both teams.

It isn’t happening folks. The first thing when something like that happens in stats is to look for a bias. Because something is causing it not to happen. I’ve seen enough with my own two eyes this season.

The penalty is the only decision really that Collum can be castrated for - and ultimately that was meaningless in the context of todays game

The rest, well, that was on the players on the park
He’s made another mistake. As if the one in the new year game wasn’t enough. Whether it affects the game is neither here or there.

You can’t keep taking these occurrences in isolation and making statements like it’s only the one decision. They are only occurring against one team. The discussion should be focused on why that is the case. There is no logic to support it.

The Record now has Steven Conroy arguing that Collum should be the next referee chief:

Conroy also believes Collum could be in line to replace Crawford Allan as the SFA's head of refereeing and might be handed the Scottish Cup final when the Old Firm go head to head again. He said: "There's a growing clamour for it. We're talking about getting someone from abroad or higher profile but we're kidding ourselves on if we think anyone of any great stature will come to us - it's going to be another internal appointment and Willie is the obvious one - the continuity candidate!"

This is almost Putinesque. Not only are they corrupt - they want to make it as clear as possible!

Not really his fault with the stupid red card tackle
But it is with other decisions, penalty being main one, couldn’t wait to give them everything, McGregor should have seen red for a second yellow, but no, it his fault fs.

The Record now has Steven Conroy arguing that Collum should be the next referee chief:

Conroy also believes Collum could be in line to replace Crawford Allan as the SFA's head of refereeing and might be handed the Scottish Cup final when the Old Firm go head to head again. He said: "There's a growing clamour for it. We're talking about getting someone from abroad or higher profile but we're kidding ourselves on if we think anyone of any great stature will come to us - it's going to be another internal appointment and Willie is the obvious one - the continuity candidate!"

This is almost Putinesque. Not only are they corrupt - they want to make it as clear as possible!
If that rat Collumn becomes head of refereeing in this country I'll not watch another game!! Its never going to be a level playing ground, too many things going against us and favours for them as it is. Corrupt to the core in this country definitely.

Folk peddling the penalty didn't matter because Butland saved it will be same that back Collum over the hand ball the last time at the piggery as it was seemingly offside.
The guy is a cheat, end of. The club should be asking questions as to why today was a penalty yet in the 1st OF of season we had a goal chalked off for exactly the same thing.

Do you think it was an honest mistake?

I think it’s a poor decision when you see the angle from behind where you can see the Celtic player initiate the contact and go down easily. I honestly don’t think refs are bent and deliberately go out to fix a game. We’re starting to behave like 90s Celtic fans if we start with the paranoia.

We lost today because their midfield is much better than ours, not because of that decision

I think it’s a poor decision when you see the angle from behind where you can see the Celtic player initiate the contact and go down easily. I honestly don’t think refs are bent and deliberately go out to fix a game. We’re starting to behave like 90s Celtic fans if we start with the paranoia.

We lost today because their midfield is much better than ours, not because of that decision
You didn't answer my question. Now let me be clear, we didn't lose today because of Collum's award of the penalty. However, I repeat my question, did he make an honest mistake? He was called to the monitor for a reason and decided it was a still a penalty. Was it an honest mistake by Willy Collum? A simple yes or no will suffice.

But they would have been several points behind before a ball was kicked if refs had been consistent.

Last weekend Celtic got out of jail again with a McGregor stamp in the first minute ignored. In the Cup semi-final Robertson chalked off a penalty for Aberdeen because of a phantom foul.

The list of decisions that benefit Celtic/disadvantage Rangers massively outweighs the opposite list. They created a media storm over a penalty awarded against them at Tynecastle but ignored their penalty coming from a blatant dive.

The decisions haven’t evened out and won’t even out.

It was a penalty. Dio clipped him and he lost balance.
Only criticism of ref was perhaps he should have got cards out earlier but that applies to both sides

But they would have been several points behind before a ball was kicked if refs had been consistent.

Last weekend Celtic got out of jail again with a McGregor stamp in the first minute ignored. In the Cup semi-final Robertson chalked off a penalty for Aberdeen because of a phantom foul.

The list of decisions that benefit Celtic/disadvantage Rangers massively outweighs the opposite list. They created a media storm over a penalty awarded against them at Tynecastle but ignored their penalty coming from a blatant dive.

The decisions haven’t evened out and won’t even out.
I posted about this earlier in this thread and this is why, posters like myself do think that Refs are terrified to send off their players inside their stadium as they know the repercussions and therefore for me, they are cheats. They know they will have a week long media inquiry and as Beaton had threats and abuse from Celtic fans.

This is the McGregor stamp from last week against Hearts so, he actually should have been given a Red card and sent off last weekend.

You're off your rocker if you don't think he should be discussed.

I'll say it again, you'll have dozens of other threads to vent your ire at the team.

This one is particularly for the ref's performance.
How difficult is that to understand?

I didn't see any of the game yesterday at all and just got updates from one of my mates, obviously I've read plenty about the teams performance or lack of and jumped into this thread to read about the referee's and by fùck there's some absolute roasters missing the point, I've not even got to the 2nd page.

Collum is a sleekit wee gimp but Lunstrum and co shitting the bed cost us more than the tim with a whistle.

His antics need calling our though. Cheating beggar

Back