Masterclass Collum

Are you just being deliberately obtuse? Or deliberately not reading what I've a) written, and b) replied too

For simplicity

I replied to you about no penalty at Parkhead in 14 years
I asked you what penalty we SHOULD have got at Parkhead, because outside of the handball furore at New Year, I can't remember one
You then provide "evidence" of shocking decisions from (mostly) the 1990s

And I'm the one thats changed the argument?

Enjoy your afternoon...

You can't do it, unsurprisingly. Not even able to quote one massive decision in our favour against that mob at the piggery.

Good afternoon.

What if Celtic had not had a penalty at Ibrox in 14 years? How would that go down?
If they were being denied stonewall ones on a regular basis, then I suspect badly

The point stands on our side though - when in the last 14 years have we been close to being denied anything remotely like a penalty at their place?

Christ, there was mass uproar about the fact we hadn't conceded a penalty at all in what, 50 odd matches? What that failed to account for was that a) there hadn't been any that were particularly close to actually being penalties and b) for a significant proportion of that time, we were from more than 50% of the shots on target on our goal... teams didn't win penalties, because they were shooting...

So why is this happening, is someone from Celtic sitting the ref down before the game or the start of the season and briefing / incentivising him? Are the refs colluding?

I don’t think you believe that btw and think you think something more subtle is going on, but I stick by my point, your good enough, you win, the top / best teams tend to get the decisions and the luck.
To answer your point i think refs just understand the situation they are in and that it is all about survival or not getting any hassle from the press. I would not rule out them being told to be very careful with their decisions and that it is a good idea to bend rules with cards when doing our games. You dont see any refs using the same tactics with Celtic, foul you get cards and it can be very quickly, just ask Lundstram and Balogun.

The 2nd point is nonsense same as the other post about being involved in lower league football decisions have always been crucial in old firm games. It is pretty pointless going on about what happens with refereeing in general or even other sports(the other guy talks womens hockey every day), there is not the CL money pressure anywhere else in the country or the fear of it being one of your last games. I am pretty sure most people involved with refereeing do it to help out with kids football or simply for a love of the game, just not our top officials they assist Celtic.

Their captain should also have been sent off but wasnt also I thought Johnston should have been sent off for a wild lunge on silva that wasn’t shown again

To answer your point i think refs just understand the situation they are in and that it is all about survival or not getting any hassle from the press. I would not rule out them being told to be very careful with their decisions and that it is a good idea to bend rules with cards when doing our games. You dont see any refs using the same tactics with Celtic, foul you get cards and it can be very quickly, just ask Lundstram and Balogun.

The 2nd point is nonsense same as the other post about being involved in lower league football decisions have always been crucial in old firm games. It is pretty pointless going on about what happens with refereeing in general or even other sports(the other guy talks womens hockey every day), there is not the CL money pressure anywhere else in the country or the fear of it being one of your last games. I am pretty sure most people involved with refereeing do it to help out with kids football or simply for a love of the game, just not our top officials they assist Celtic.

Take your point about transcending other levels of the sport onto Old Firm game, which is fair enough.

For me it boils down to beating them on the pitch over the season, and we have been no where near it for 3 years.

Just watched the penalty incident again.

There is minimal contact with his left leg. His left foot then placed on the ground - then both feet end up in the air and he falls forward?

It's a dive!

Back