Match of the Day

Crown_Defender

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Villa Park looks a decent ground to watch a game.

First VAR decision looks harsh to me. The lad Mooy of Brighton must be feeling a bit of a twat this evening.

Divides opinion but I really like the boy Grealish. Looks a bit of a ponce but loves his club clearly, something that's dying in today's game.

Grealish is a decent player, but if he gets a chance to go to a bigger club he’ll be out of there in a flash.

That looked an entertaining game though, schoolboy stuff from Brighton giving it away so cheaply at the end though, reminded me of us at Young Boys.

Hate VAR. Meant to be clear an obvious. Ref never gave a free kick on the keeper. Is there really enough to change that decision?!?

Grealish is a decent player, but if he gets a chance to go to a bigger club he’ll be out of there in a flash.

That looked an entertaining game though, schoolboy stuff from Brighton giving it away so cheaply at the end though, reminded me of us at Young Boys.

Not sure I'd blame him for that. Different if he buggers off to a similar sized club for money. If he gets a chance to go to step up, why wouldn't he?

That's ridiculous from Sterling. What a ball :)

Grealish is a decent player but family ties make him one of them as he said to a friend of mine in the summer when she said she was from Glasgow.

Not sure I'd blame him for that. Different if he buggers off to a similar sized club for money. If he gets a chance to go to step up, why wouldn't he?

That's ridiculous from Sterling. What a ball :)

You can’t blame him, but that my point, ultimately he’ll prove to be like every other player who follows the money and the lure of a bigger club.

Dirty Norrr'vern Ponces
Caribbean-Rum-Cocktail.jpg

Hate VAR. Meant to be clear an obvious. Ref never gave a free kick on the keeper. Is there really enough to change that decision?!?

It doesn’t have to be a ‘clear and obvious’ error by the ref when a goal is scored. Every goal is reviewed as a matter of policy to check for any infringements.

I’ve not seen it by the way so can’t comment in the legitimacy of this particular goal. Just pointing out the ‘clear and obvious error’ misunderstanding.

You can’t blame him, but that my point, ultimately he’ll prove to be like every other player who follows the money and the lure of a bigger club.

Two different things imo. I don't think any Villa fan would grudge him a move to Man Utd but if he went to Everton, Newcastle, West Ham etc he would get dogs abuse.

I agree with your point generally but, there are exceptions. Time will tell if he's one.

It doesn’t have to be a ‘clear and obvious’ error by the ref when a goal is scored. Every goal is reviewed as a matter of policy to check for any infringements.

I’ve not seen it by the way so can’t comment in the legitimacy of this particular goal. Just pointing out the ‘clear and obvious error’ misunderstanding.

They can use technology to determine offside to the millimetre. They shouldn't be using it on matters of opinion. In this case the keeper, defender and attacker all go for the ball, keeper loses out, ball breaks, goal. VAR decides it was a foul on the keeper. Not keen on it at all.

The Man City game, ref doesn't give a penalty VAR wouldnt change it, but there is contact maybe an issue where not in full control of the ball, another referee giving that penalty, probably doesn't have that changed by VAR either as it's a judgement call.

It's frustrating and I think it is being used incorrectly at the moment. I think we face it after the league stage of Europa, not looking forward to it (unless it works in our favour obviously...)

Man City kit looks a bit like drumsticks as well, guess Pep is a fan of the sweets

great hit that from Gylfi in the last game, especially under that pressure that Everton have with recent results

Grealish had the chance to move to Spurs last year and didn’t go. If Villa never got promoted he would have been off this summer. He signed a 5yr deal to protect his price for the club. He’s an exceptional player and can go all the way to the top imo.

They can use technology to determine offside to the millimetre. They shouldn't be using it on matters of opinion. In this case the keeper, defender and attacker all go for the ball, keeper loses out, ball breaks, goal. VAR decides it was a foul on the keeper. Not keen on it at all.

The Man City game, ref doesn't give a penalty VAR wouldnt change it, but there is contact maybe an issue where not in full control of the ball, another referee giving that penalty, probably doesn't have that changed by VAR either as it's a judgement call.

It's frustrating and I think it is being used incorrectly at the moment. I think we face it after the league stage of Europa, not looking forward to it (unless it works in our favour obviously...)
It’s being used almost to re referee the game.
It’s certainly how it's heading.

Villa Park looks a decent ground to watch a game.

First VAR decision looks harsh to me. The lad Mooy of Brighton must be feeling a bit of a twat this evening.

Divides opinion but I really like the boy Grealish. Looks a bit of a ponce but loves his club clearly, something that's dying in today's game.

Is it just me that finds Grealish an annoying wee pr*ck ? Dunno if it’s the hair , the daft socks or just his general All round arsehole appeal.

Back