Mateusz Żukowski

Looked a real player, thankfully. Couldn't help but feel he has the air of someone who will become a future quiz question. Like which polish player made only one appearance for Rangers in the 21/22 season.

Last edited:
Should have got an assist if Roofe got his header on target.

Hopefully we can pull in some Scottish based Poles into Rangers supporters as well.
My Polish wife's first game at Ibrox was v the Tims when Shagger saved the penalty from van HonkyDonk. She still talks about it.
All the male side of her family in Poland follow the Rangers results, esp in Europe.

My Polish wife's first game at Ibrox was v the Tims when Shagger saved the penalty from van HonkyDonk. She still talks about it.
All the male side of her family in Poland follow the Rangers results, esp in Europe.
Awesome mate, took my Polish Mrs to the Helsinki friendly. Would like to have her beside me for Home matches but won't happen.

Someone in the match thread said he lacked pace 15 minutes in to the game, which is of course ludicrous.

I think it was @Graemelins, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thought in the early part of the game that he had good stamina, but not much pace.
To be fair I said later in the match thread that I liked the look of him and thought he had good technique and physicality.
Still not sure he has much pace, but it’s hard to tell on that pitch and in those conditions.

Only his first appearance for us but I think he looks a player. Good on the ball, quick and despite a horror ball he has a decent early cross on him.

Be interesting to see how he pans out but he looks a decent player in what was horrible conditions to play in.

Took him a while to settle and first half his distribution was not good but looks like he has ability if he can grasp what it means to be at Rangers (thinking of Lundstram)

I gave him man of the match. Had a really good game and looks very promising. Well done to the lad.
The future is bright, the future is Rangers.

Welcome to Rangers Mateusz, I hope your career with us is memorable.

You're a Ranger now, every game is a battle and we win them all.

Steady debut. Kept it simple. Looks strong and we know he's fast from some of the footage posted on here.
The Poles are good people.

First impression was the boy looks a proper athlete. Thought his passing was a bit careless at times but overall an impressive enough debut in challenging conditions, albeit against lower league opposition.

I’ve a feeling this boy will turn out a good player for us. Early days and hard to judge against Annan but he looked the part.

Back