Matondo

Without a shadow of a doubt, our biggest issue is our injury problems. It’s killed is for the last 3 years. I posted on another thread - we had: Yilmaz, Souttar, Goldson, Jack, Matondo, Sima, Cortes and Danilo injured or unable to start. That’s the equivalent of Celtic losing: Taylor, CCV, Scales, their 3 choice CH, McGregor, Maeda, their 2nd and 3rd choice left wingers and Kyogo. We also have 2 players who started who have signed a pre contract and Roofe who is out of contract in a few weeks. That’s crazy.

Without a shadow of a doubt, our biggest issue is our injury problems. It’s killed is for the last 3 years. I posted on another thread - we had: Yilmaz, Souttar, Goldson, Jack, Matondo, Sima, Cortes and Danilo injured or unable to start. That’s the equivalent of Celtic losing: Taylor, CCV, Scales, their 3 choice CH, McGregor, Maeda, their 2nd and 3rd choice left wingers and Kyogo. We also have 2 players who started who have signed a pre contract and Roofe who is out of contract in a few weeks. That’s crazy.
Our biggest issue pre and post 55 is that we have a team littered with players that are incapable of sustaining a high standard throughout a league campaign. And we just keep adding players of the same mould to the heap.

Our biggest issue pre and post 55 is that we have a team littered with players that are incapable of sustaining a high standard throughout a league campaign. And we just keep adding players of the same mould to the heap.

A good comparison to where we are and the poets are to compare signings…

Would they have signed the likes of Lawrence, Dowell and Matondo? Probably not…

How many players would you take from them and vice versa? Its pretty damning!

Absolutely agree that the players we have are nowhere near good enough. Posted this since 55. 1 word covers it - quality. Their first goal today. We have nobody who could do that. He didn’t lash at the ball, good movement and first touch to set himself. Even 55, there were guys in our team who were a level above. Defoe being a good example. We don’t have a fighting chance though when our best players are sitting in the treatment room.

We need to stop signing injury prone players tbf. What you save in a transfer fee you lose in appearances. Quality players don't cost buttons unless there's a good reason however our useless recruitment team have failed repeatedly to realise this. Thanks Ross Wilson.

Waste of money and always injured.

Im positive this was an agent lead signing he was touted all over the summer we signed him and Wilson took the bait.

Shalke fans were thanking us on twitter for taking him, they genuinly think he was one of the worst players they had seen.

He's not been as awful as I expected him to be and he does seem to have screwed the nut, but just not good enough still. Not reliable.

Aye we have had injury problems but so have that lot. Sick of the excuses on here we blew it

Add halogen who has previous for missing big games then compare their injured players and see how quick they are back playing. Something needs to change.

These players have been given chance after chance but still have proved to be inadequate. Massive clear out needed before we can even attempt to move on. Sick of the sight of over half of that squad and drastic action is required to eradicate our club of the losing mentality. Fans deserve better as we have been let down far too often.

It speak to how little cash we have to spend. We can’t afford a brand new Porsche so we’re buying a highly specced second hand one that’s got a lot of miles on the clock and had a few bumps and were hoping for the best

What's the cause of this? And the solution?

It’s mental when you look at it like that. Add in Roofe and Balogun

This is the same issue for number in the squad

Matondo
Roofe
Jack
Yilmaz
Souttar
Davies
Barisic
Lawrence

best part of c£200k a week on wages probably and never a guaranteed starter

Squad is rotten

A good comparison to where we are and the poets are to compare signings…

Would they have signed the likes of Lawrence, Dowell and Matondo? Probably not…

How many players would you take from them and vice versa? Its pretty damning!
When they signed him, Reilly must have come under the same thought of ‘who’?

The contract situation can be managed. The recruitment of players needs to consider their injury record. It’s beyond my knowledge though. But it’s possible - other teams do it.
Yeah, mine too. I'm just wondering if there's an issue with our training or our facilities. It seems that even players with good injury records get injured with us - Cortes, Danilo, Sima...

For those who watched the Man Utd/Arsenal game and Rooney making the point about Man Utd injury list which is lengthy like ours. He says players have to want to play and hints that players may not be as ‘injured’ as they make out, I think that’s what he meant anyway and they have to want to get on the pitch and give it all for the club.

Does anyone think that might be the case for some of the players ?

For those who watched the Man Utd/Arsenal game and Rooney making the point about Man Utd injury list which is lengthy like ours. He says players have to want to play and hints that players may not be as ‘injured’ as they make out, I think that’s what he meant anyway and they have to want to get on the pitch and give it all for the club.

Does anyone think that might be the case for some of the players

Back