Matt Polster

KGR98

Thought he looked good playing CDM and seems to have the attributes to play that role well good range of passing and is strong in a tackle and times them well from the limited game time he has had in each position of have him at CDM over RB

Thought he looked good playing CDM and seems to have the attributes to play that role well good range of passing and is strong in a tackle and times them well from the limited game time he has had in each position of have him at CDM over RB

He did well enough and looked decent.

However, Davis will always be first option in that position.

Definitely a good squad option though.

He did well enough and looked decent.

However, Davis will always be first option in that position.

Definitely a good squad option though.
Davis will defo be first choice, good back up to have though and lets face it time isn't really on Davo's side. Could be his last season!

Davis will defo be first choice, good back up to have though and lets face it time isn't really on Davo's side. Could be his last season!

Not so sure it'll be his last season mate.

He's only 34 and is a model pro.

Agree though that Polster is excellent back up, if he's happy with that role.

A very good player. He's unlucky to be part of a huge squad because if he got a run of games he would cope well with it imo.

I hope not mate, just never know with someone in his position and his age. Time is a bitch!

You don't go from being the best midfielder in the country to finished in a matter of months though.

Even taking his ability to one side, he's clearly still got the legs.

Will only ever be a bit-part player but, just sometimes, it's one of those guys that can make the difference in an important game when the 'better' players are out through injury or suspension. I like the look of him.

More importantly (for now) his Fiancee was spotted filming at Ibrox on Sunday. I await her next vlog (if that's what you call it) with interest.

Why?
Davis like Defoe has looked after himself.
Him and Jack the best and most consistent midfielders in Scotland by a country mile.We also still have Aribo to come back.

Last edited:
Do you think he could fill in for Jack or Davis in case of injury,I'm still thinking about that YB's game and the substitution that was made Wrongly IMO

Tbh mate, I'd probably want to see a bit more of him against decent opposition first.

As it stands, Davis Jack, Arfield, Kamara and Aribo are all ahead of him for a midfield slot.

Should Davis be injured or rested, I'd say both Jack and Kamara would be ahead of Polster for the holding role, with Aribo and Arfield on either side.

Davis looks sharper now than he did first time around and we have posted saying it could be his last season? We are sitting top of the table with Davis strolling his way to POTY, I would dread to think the posts if we dropped points yesterday.

Tbh mate, I'd probably want to see a bit more of him against decent opposition first.

As it stands, Davis Jack, Arfield, Kamara and Aribo are all ahead of him for a midfield slot.

Should Davis be injured or rested, I'd say both Jack and Kamara would be ahead of Polster for the holding role, with Aribo and Arfield on either side.
I agree with you on that point but in the YB's scenario we already had Davis on the park when Jack was injured and I think the only sub we had to really cover for Jack was Halliday

Last season ? You been watching him recently ? Guy is strolling it and looks the fittest on the park
Aye thats why I said "could". I didnt say it was his last season. There are plenty players that have looked fit as a fiddle one season and legs done the following. As much as i'd love him to go on forever, he will hang up his boots one day. I'll be very happy to see him continue at this level next year and we'll be very lucky if thats the case.

Davis looks sharper now than he did first time around and we have posted saying it could be his last season? We are sitting top of the table with Davis strolling his way to POTY, I would dread to think the posts if we dropped points yesterday.
Think your the one being melodramatic here, there hasnt been any criticism of davis in my post.

Aye thats why I said "could". I didnt say it was his last season. There are plenty players that have looked fit as a fiddle one season and legs done the following. As much as i'd love him to go on forever, he will hang up his boots one day. I'll be very happy to see him continue at this level next year and we'll be very lucky if thats the case.

The 'quarterback' role he's playing at present suits him to a tee. It has the added benefit of allowing him to play further forward - or not - as he sees fit. There's plenty 'legs' around him to let him sit deeper, and stay there, if he is feeling the pace a wee bit.

He looked desperate to make his mark

Showing the gaffer he’s ready and in the right frame of mind to come in

Still can’t see him starting though
Next time we’ll see him will be when Tavernier is injured or suspended.

I agree with you on that point but in the YB's scenario we already had Davis on the park when Jack was injured and I think the only sub we had to really cover for Jack was Halliday

Yep, I know what you're saying mate.

It's a fair point.

no Pics, this board is getting worse

66-A4-E010-80-C5-4493-8-E1-E-C7-FE58-D6168-D.jpg

Neat and tidy when he came on. Good to get him some game time, never know when he may be needed. He is our cover for Tav as is stands until Flanagan returns which hopefully wont be far away.

Thankfully I believe he will be at Ibrox for at least one more season, he is such a vital cog in the side that SG is building.

Loved him first time around and nothing has changed this time, great player who tends not to get the praise others do but is the heartbeat of our team when we play well.

Back