May 22nd 2005

A quite incredible day.

Still can’t believe I was offered a ticket on my supporters bus for Easter Road and knocked it back! I was so sure the shettlestons would win, I couldn’t bring myself to go.

Instead I sat in the house and watched......needless to say at the final whistle I broke the world record for getting changed and down the boozer to meet my mates! A quick text to my boss to say I wouldn’t make work on Monday followed and I can’t remember getting home that night!

A quite incredible day.

Still can’t believe I was offered a ticket on my supporters bus for Easter Road and knocked it back! I was so sure the shettlestons would win, I couldn’t bring myself to go.

Instead I sat in the house and watched......needless to say at the final whistle I broke the world record for getting changed and down the boozer to meet my mates! A quick text to my boss to say I wouldn’t make work on Monday followed and I can’t remember getting home that night!
We went to the pub to watch the game, which went mental when the results went our way.

If anyone can tell me what happened after 6pm then that would be appreciated.

The pain in McNees voice is wonderful.
Ricksens penalty in last minute at Tynecastle was so important.
Back at Ibrox was bedlam, that day, Novos penalty and Lovenkrands, and Artetas penalty, thats the quad for me.

Last edited:
My kids were tiny so gave my misses some cash to disappear for a couple of hours so I could watch the game in peace.

Even when Well equalised had a horrible feeling the Tims would nick a last min winner, luckily that feeling didn’t last too long.

Was in bits when the Mrs came home with the kids, was the last time Rangers made me cry with joy

Trying to upload the famous Lex Akimbo vid to youtube just now. Not sure how long it will last due to copyright with the music, but hopefully be long enough to post on here and let some people that haven't seen it have a look because it is utterly brilliant.

I went to work thinking we had no chance and would watch the game later.

Another Rangers fan who had given up was also in and received a phone call at Full Time.

Would have been much better live but I caught up on all of it via FF later.

I remember a day or so later, someone posted a link to kiddyfiddler street's match thread from that day.

All the usual "get it up those hun b'stards", as soon as Motherwell score their first, not a soul posting on it.

It was beautiful

One of the most incredible and unique things about that day is that due to the players and staff mistakenly thinking the 2nd cheer was for the FT whistle, those celebrations on the field at Easter Rd were taking place while the game at Fir Park still had a good minute and a half left.

The pessimist in me was going fucking mental at the screen as there was still a(microscopic) chance :D

Watching at the Bayou City Loyal in Houston. We had the mentally challenged game up on a corner TV, just in case. Was pretty depressing, but we were following Big Marvin's words and kept believing.

We had no idea at the time, but due to satellite, their game was running about 10 seconds behind. When the crowd erupted at Easter Road, we're looking up at the small screen and wondering what the hell was going on. It gave us all just enough time to get to see McDonald's first goal in "real time"

Absolute bedlam ensued. Old board member wwe and I proceeded to launch about, knocking over anything in close proximity and destroying at least one chair. I was almost physically sick watching the last few minutes of that game, until McDonald scored again.

Went to the NARSA convention in Vegas the next week, with that year's strip on, with the new addition of McDonald and the #2 on the back. :D

We were all watching it in my mates house, possibly about 15 of us. More just as an end of season gathering than any real hope.

We score and the game is petering out. One of my mates was 2 seats along from me with earphones in and lists ing to their game when he shouts "they've scored, Motherwell have scored".

I had to get up and go outside to sit on doorstep to gather my composure. A few of the other lads joined me including the guy with the radio. He was standing on the grass continuing to listen when he throws radio at ground and shouts "they've scored.... Motherwell have scored again"

Well that little pause in his sentence as well as him throwing the radio on ground made my heart sink as assumed it was Celtic who had scored before he clarified. Then it was party time. We went back to an other mates house where my brother decided it would be good idea to celebrate, half cut by jumping on a trampoline. He obviously fell off and gave himself a sore face, but he didn't care.

Amazing day, which still hasn't been bettered. UEFA Cup run in 2008 came close!

Ironically I don't think it would ever be bettered had 2012 and the subsequent events not happened. Number 55 will be better though and I cannot fucking wait.

Still to this day gives me a lump in my throat. Unbeatable in terms of emotion for me.

Me too. Was listening to the heart and hand podcast about our best last day title wins and this was obviously number 1.

They played the famous commentary of Peter Martin and as I was walking around at work listening I actually found myself getting quite emotional. Brilliant, brilliant day!

Back