Mbappe dive

That’s appalling, thought he had more about him than that.

They’re all the same.

Should have the video sent to every football club and shown at the top of every sports show. Hate these people.

That’s appalling, thought he had more about him than that.

They’re all the same.
They aren’t though. Some players still give their all and back themselves to score, without resorting to cheating.

You won’t hear me saying many positive things about man city but credit where it is due, Aguero is a striker who operates at a high level and doesn’t really dive (cue someone now posting multiple videos of him diving!!!).

Messi also tends to back himself and stay up.

He's learning from someone he plays alongside. I wonder who it could be?

Worst dive ever.

He's a phenomenal talent though. He could easily be the best in the world when the other two are done.
He will dominate but the other 2 don’t seem to be slowing down.

They don't.

Particularly Ronaldo. Hes the master of the champions league. Messi seems to be evolving through his age.

I'm positive Mbappe can be the best though. He's like Henry on steroids. A phenomenal talent.
I agree, he will be a great player but it is disappointing to have players like him, at the top of the game, to be cheating divers. He is who young aspirational kids will desire to be and copy.

I agree, he will be a great player but it is disappointing to have players like him, at the top of the game, to be cheating divers. He is who young aspirational kids will desire to be and copy.
I don't know about you but I am not a young man anymore. Football is changing. I'm thirty three and it used to be men who played the game. It has changed in a big way.

The point I was making is who will be m'bappes hero? Neymar is his teammate. someone he learns from in training everyday. Will he do whatever it takes to win ? To be the best and better than Neymar. I think so but I also think stop it ya wee bender n man up. You also can't say Ronaldo or Messi have never dived.

Its just the way the game is now IMO.

I fucking hate it but diving is just part of the game now.

You’re 4-1 up and your instinct is to throw yourself down. Mad.

I fucking hate it but diving is just part of the game now.

You’re 4-1 up and your instinct is to throw yourself down. Mad.
This. As you say it's not the last minute of a game you're losing. Then you could possibly understand. I think it's just instinct to these guys now. They train for it I think.

I don't know about you but I am not a young man anymore. Football is changing. I'm thirty three and it used to be men who played the game. It has changed in a big way.

The point I was making is who will be m'bappes hero? Neymar is his teammate. someone he learns from in training everyday. Will he do whatever it takes to win ? To be the best and better than Neymar. I think so but I also think stop it ya wee bender n man up. You also can't say Ronaldo or Messi have never dived.

Its just the way the game is now IMO.
Yes, because fitness and athleticism is a greater factor now than say 30-40 years ago, it is increasingly a young man’s game, although also players that look after themselves and train well, can sustain longer careers.

Mbappe’s so young, his hero could well be Neymar? These guys train so much and with video coaching, etc, they know how to hoodwink officials into constant fouls in their favour. It really is annoying. I hate diving, even if it is a Rangers player but even more so with a side like PSG who really should be good enough to not have to. When they do it, it’s like a double whammy.

icu15i.jpg

Yes, because fitness and athleticism is a greater factor now than say 30-40 years ago, it is increasingly a young man’s game, although also players that look after themselves and train well, can sustain longer careers.

Mbappe’s so young, his hero could well be Neymar? These guys train so much and with video coaching, etc, they know how to hoodwink officials into constant fouls in their favour. It really is annoying. I hate diving, even if it is a Rangers player but even more so with a side like PSG who really should be good enough to not have to. When they do it, it’s like a double whammy.
Your last point I agree with. It is annoying. I just think this is football now. We are the ones who are struggling to adapt. It won't change IMO.

Your last point I agree with. It is annoying. I just think this is football now. We are the ones who are struggling to adapt. It won't change IMO.
No, it won’t, you’re right. The governing bodies just want the gravy train to continue. If that means turning a blind eye to indiscretions, so be it. There is zero appetite to tackle the big issues, diving and FFP. You look at the way they have largely ignored PSG and man city but punished the Ukrainian/Russian side for FFP. You look at the way they have ignored diving for the best part of 50 years but with VAR, there is less scope to hide it. Realistically dives should have resulted in red cards and bans long ago.

No, it won’t, you’re right. The governing bodies just want the gravy train to continue. If that means turning a blind eye to indiscretions, so be it. There is zero appetite to tackle the big issues, diving and FFP. You look at the way they have largely ignored PSG and man city but punished the Ukrainian/Russian side for FFP. You look at the way they have ignored diving for the best part of 50 years but with VAR, there is less scope to hide it. Realistically dives should have resulted in red cards and bans long ago.
It does for teams and players no one gives a %^*& about.

The big boys are virtually unaffected in football. Financial fair play is a joke to the big clubs as they are untouchable.

should be a straight red card, fined a month's wage, if you do it a second time same punishment plus points deduction for your team

Truly disgraceful. The governing bodies are not serious about tackling diving. If they were it would be a minimum of a 5 game ban. It is cheating pure and simple. Disgusting.
No worse than the defender having more of your shirt than you have.
What level of cheating would you consider Broadfoot on Morelos?
What level of cheating would you put the rest of the Kilmarnock team trying to influence the referee at that incident at?
To me, there’s a stigma attached to diving that is undeserved when compared to the other cheating that goes on.

No worse than the defender having more of your shirt than you have.
What level of cheating would you consider Broadfoot on Morelos?
What level of cheating would you put the rest of the Kilmarnock team trying to influence the referee at that incident at?
To me, there’s a stigma attached to diving that is undeserved when compared to the other cheating that goes on.
Good points and absolutely issues that need addressed.

Officials need to be far more switched onto the dodgy tactics of defenders and I believe VAR will help address this to an extent.

I am not sure how I would compare a blatant dive to a shirt pull? In certain circumstances, the ends are the same (albeit the opposites of each other - defender v attacker).

It’s a very good point bud.

It doesn’t make diving less of an offence but it questions the treatment of others.

Diving has been going on in the game since I first watched it as a kid. It's just that with so many cameras it gets spotted easier. I can remember foreign teams of the sixties and seventies being masters at it, especially the Italians. Depending on what angle the ref was in relation to the offender it was easy for them to con the official. Crafty? Clever? Cheatin bastard? Yes all three.
Actually, it happens less these days because of more cameras. Mbappe? He's so hopeless at it. :D

Good points and absolutely issues that need addressed.

Officials need to be far more switched onto the dodgy tactics of defenders and I believe VAR will help address this to an extent.

I am not sure how I would compare a blatant dive to a shirt pull? In certain circumstances, the ends are the same (albeit the opposites of each other - defender v attacker).

It’s a very good point bud.

It doesn’t make diving less of an offence but it questions the treatment of others.
Diving was once called "the forward's revenge"..
Obviously, I'd expect, by a forward!:)

Back