McAllister on Morelos

Hank Hill

GARY McALLISTER has warned Alfredo Morelos to focus ONLY on his job at Rangers.

Ibrox chiefs fear Morelos could be sidetracked by widespread speculation over his future as Gers gear up for the new season.

Agent Miki Bouraoui claimed this week that the Colombian striker has his heart set on a big-money move to Italy.

But Gers No2 McAllister said: “Alfredo has to be fully aware that he is a Rangers player and he is under contract here.

“He is part of the team and part of the squad.”

Macca and boss Steven Gerrard know they could lose Morelos this summer if an offer comes in.

He has been linked with a string of clubs in England and abroad.

But McAllister has told the 24-year-old hitman he can’t take his eye off the ball as Gers prepare for the biggest season of Gerrard’s reign.

He said: “Our only intention at this moment is to get him up to speed — like every other player at this club — going into the start of the season.

“The fixtures will be announced on Monday and we also have the game with Bayer Leverkusen coming up quite quickly after that.

“All the squad are working towards those games.

“I don’t think all the speculation is going to go away but like any player at any club across the entire globe, when a bid arrives that the club thinks is the right bid then that player tends to go.

“But Alfredo is a Rangers player.”

He's our best player but he's not really worth the circus act that comes with him. He's talented but he's inconsistent and a loose wire you simply can't rely on.

We don’t know really what’s happening behind the scenes. But if his head is gone then we should try sell and get as much as we can.

Also be finding a replacement ! :)

By the way - the interview he actually says Alfredo has came back like everyone else raring to go.

I wouldn't take too much from selective quotes. When I watched the Gary Mac interview, following seeing the stories I really didn't see it as 'he's leaving' at all. This is a nothing story for now and I hope it stays that way.

For me the smart move would be to punt him in the summer, drum up the interest just now from a few clubs then tell Alfie to go run a riot then take his pick in the next transfer window.

I don't understand why people get sick of the speculation surrounding players, this will always happen with top talents and won't stop with Alfie, regardless if the player wants to go or not.

Alfie has been hounded in this backwater of a country, would you really put it past the self proclaimed journalists to write fictional stories of interest from big clubs in order to try and unsettle the player? Or get him to spit the dummy if he thinks the club are stopping him getting his dream move.

Really hope we sell him soon to be honest. Whole thing is a circus we could do without.
Aye?
It's more than obvious rteading the article.
Like you'd need to be a bit thick not to see it staring you in the face.

McAllister was asked about Morelos.

Reply?

"He's a Rangers player, he needs to stay focused on Rangers and his big move will come. We'd love to keep him and if a big offer came in, like any club, we'd have to look at it.
But we want Alfredo here, and he should concentrate on that. It's the best way to further his career. He has admitted he's happy here so hopefully he can help us to trophies the coming season, especially if he can work hard and keep his head down. "

Headline?
Wants away.
Warned.
Moody.
And so on.

So, the record plays us. Our fans want our best player away. It'd be fucking hilarious before. But after covid and its own propaganda. I just can't fathom it.

Keep alfie for another year .. guaranteed 20-25 goals a season .

We have to play the papes between 4 and 6 times next season to win trophies. I'd reckon we need to win 50% of these games to have any chance at all of silver.

Tell me how many of these 25 were against them? A one word answer will suffice.

We have to play the papes between 4 and 6 times next season to win trophies. I'd reckon we need to win 50% of these games to have any chance at all of silver.

I thought knocking his goalscoring record against Celtic was something only they did.

In 2 of the 3 games we played Celtic last season, Morelos tore their defence apart. If you don’t believe me, re-watch those games. He created countless opportunities for himself and others. The only game he didn’t manage that was the one he didn’t start.

In fact, he contributed a lot more in the Old Firms than Edouard did. But maybe that doesn’t suit your narrative, since Edouard managed to ‘score’ when the ball hit off his arm.

Really hope we sell him soon to be honest. Whole thing is a circus we could do without.

Wow. He’s probably the best player we’ve had in about 15 years. Of course he will attract attention. Imagine wanting rid of him for that reason alone. So weird.

How would any rag know what McAllister said to Morelos they haven't got a clue who we've signed, ignore the noise.

Aye?
It's more than obvious rteading the article.
Like you'd need to be a bit thick not to see it staring you in the face.

McAllister was asked about Morelos.

Reply?

"He's a Rangers player, he needs to stay focused on Rangers and his big move will come. We'd love to keep him and if a big offer came in, like any club, we'd have to look at it.
But we want Alfredo here, and he should concentrate on that. It's the best way to further his career. He has admitted he's happy here so hopefully he can help us to trophies the coming season, especially if he can work hard and keep his head down. "

Headline?
Wants away.
Warned.
Moody.
And so on.

So, the record plays us. Our fans want our best player away. It'd be fucking hilarious before. But after covid and its own propaganda. I just can't fathom it.
Yes he is our best player, but he has proven time and time again he is unreliable. Do you trust him to keep the head and not keep getting sent off? Do you trust him to perform the full season and not down tools in January? Add in the fact the season hasn't even started and he clearly isn't focused on us already, I'm not even convinced we'll get a good half season out him.

If we get anything north of 20 million we would be nuts not to cash in. That money could buy a more than adequate replacement

If morelos is not sold this summer in really can see him throwing toys out the pram....not sure he could.cope with another season being portrayed as the pantomime villain on a daily basis by lieswell puppets in the media as they will ramp it up this season no question

Statements from McAllister taken out of context to fit a rag papers narrative. I assume this may be from the press conference? I doubt the tone and manner in which this was spoken reflects in no way the manner in which it is being presented. Another reason to ban these arseholes, we have good fan media who will hold the club to account. I’m no way do we need any rags!

It came across like mcalister was reminding him about his fitness but it could have been misplaced words. Its healthy that they call him out about fitness of thats the an issue.

If morelos is not sold this summer in really can see him throwing toys out the pram....not sure he could.cope with another season being portrayed as the pantomime villain on a daily basis by lieswell puppets in the media as they will ramp it up this season no question
I don’t agree with that at all! He keeps his head down and gets on with his football and we know what he can do. He thrives on the boo boys and he’s not taking notice of no marks like Sutton and Hartson!

I don’t agree with that at all! He keeps his head down and gets on with his football and we know what he can do. He thrives on the boo boys and he’s not taking notice of no marks like Sutton and Hartson!
Each to there own views bud, I hope your right

Is there a circus apart from FF quotes from unreliable media reports? We all know the standard of scottish football journalism is at an all time low with little prospect of recovery. As far as I know - no bids have been received.

Morelos is a really good player, however he doesnt help himself at times and has had a poor attitude since Xmas.
Ally mccoist was kicked up and down the place, he got up and then scored half the time.
I remember ally got sent off in europe ( inter away?) , but not many other times.
I would prefer morelos to screw the nut, play one more blindind season and sell for a fortune.
Now is not a good time to sell with covid , and his value is down as well.

We need to buy a replacemement first, that is paramount.
If we sell him for 20mil every club will know we have money, and a 2 million player will suddenly be worth 5 million to their clubs and they will have us over a barrel.

ALfredo was back in his homeland helping the Covid-19 victims and poor of his city. I take it that Kent and Co. had more time on their hands (apart from video gaming et al) to keep themselves fit and up to scratch than him. I assumed it only natural that Alfredo was probably a bit behind or not as "fit" as others. Saying that, we are essentially just into pre-season, thanks to the SPFL et al.

As for replacements ... no-one knows how a Taylor, Roofe, Dykes et al will perform at the club or how Hagi, Aribo and Co. start into the season. So perhaps we keep any conjecture at a objective level here.

I think the fact he wasn’t anywhere near our kit promo despite clearly being our best player speaks volumes.

I feel really sorry for Morelos.

Almost every perception of him we have is from a media narrative created by people who hate us.

He's a trouble maker
He wants away etc

As far as any of us are aware he's never came out and said he wants away. Like any non Rangers fan player, he's also been honest and said his ambition is to play in one of the big leagues.

This is just another angle at the same old scottish media attempt to get rid of him. They tried to turn us against him and that didn't work so this is angle number 2.

I think the fact he wasn’t anywhere near our kit promo despite clearly being our best player speaks volumes.
He wasn't near them last year or the year before bud.

He is our best player but let's be honest, he's not the most photogenic. Guys like Tav, Arfield and Hagi look the part which is why they'd be picked I imagine.

We played them twice in the league won 1, lost 1. Celtic games aren't the issue. Hamilton at home is.

He's valuable to us with his goals, we do need to stop relying on him heavily for goals though and look for contingency for when he eventually does leave.

We need a big goalscoring season from Alfie, fire us to the league and increase his value for the inevitable when he eventually does want to leave.

We could win 100% of the games against the bheasts next season but we'll be winning f.uck all again if we keep shipping points to shite like bottom of the league Hearts and Hamilton Accies. Look at the goals Morelos has scored in Europe, it's not like he's some flat-track bully who doesn't score in big games. I'd love it, Kevin Keegan style, if he scored a hat-trick against them in the next game but I'd be content if he batters f.uck out of their defence like he usually does and others score the goals.

We could win 100% of the games against the bheasts next season but we'll be winning f.uck all again if we keep shipping points to shite like bottom of the league Hearts and Hamilton Accies. Look at the goals Morelos has scored in Europe, it's not like he's some flat-track bully who doesn't score in big games. I'd love it, Kevin Keegan style, if he scored a hat-trick against them in the next game but I'd be content if he batters f.uck out of their defence like he usually does and others score the goals.
Exactly

Joe Garner scored against them in a 5-1 pumping.

I'd rather have Morelos disrupting the defence and having 2 on him, leaving someone else open.

We played them twice in the league won 1, lost 1. Celtic games aren't the issue. Hamilton at home is.
We've failed to beat Hamilton at home once under Gerrard, same as Celtic so that's an extremely inconsistent argument.

Wow. He’s probably the best player we’ve had in about 15 years. Of course he will attract attention. Imagine wanting rid of him for that reason alone. So weird.

To an extent that’s largely to do with the shithouses we have had to endure in this period than him being really special. He’s a talented bit silly boy and although unquestionably our best player, there has to come a time when we say enough is enough in regards to his antics. He doesn’t seem to learn.

Could have been said behind closed doors imo
Unless it is to reiterate the very consistent point that our players go for top dollar, so don't unsettle players with £9m Morelos bids and did WBA not bid £3mnon deadline day last season, pricks!

To an extent that’s largely to do with the shithouses we have had to endure in this period than him being really special. He’s a talented bit silly boy and although unquestionably our best player, there has to come a time when we say enough is enough in regards to his antics. He doesn’t seem to learn.
I know the way he peeled off for his 2 headers against Feyenoord was an utter disgrace

Back