McAteer claims that a Man Utd player has told him Southgate will be their new manager

In no world will that not be a complete disaster. They will continue mid table for the foreseeable.

Out of the pan into the fire.

His England tenure is garbage he should have at least one Trophy with England,his club re is just about non existent.

Heard Gary Neville talking about this and he said it is unlikely because Man Utd can't wait until July to name a new manager if EtH is sacked and Southgate won't announce his plans until after the Euro's.

It would be a massive risk appointing someone with Southgates club management experience at Man Utd given the shambles they are in.

If Jason Mcateer told me that B followed A in the alphabet, i'd still check a dictionary for verfication.

As thick as shit in the neck of a bottle and liable to know the square root of f8ck all.
Listening to an interview with Neil 'Razor' Ruddock on Virgin radio this morning, he commented on ex-roverite Jason McAteer being "the thickest footballer i`ve ever known".
When asked by Christian O`Connel (the dj bloke) to give an example, he went on to tell a story of when they were at Liverpool & in a hotel before an away game at Villa. Razor said McAteer was busy filling in a creditcard application form....after putting his name, address & occupation (pro footballer) he asked Razor if he should put "right back" or "midfielder" as he`d played both roles recently. Razor asked "why? what does the question say?"
McAteer said "well it`s asking for 'position in company?'

Not sure why Gareth Southgate keeps getting mentioned in regards to the United job. However I'd love to see him get the job for the potential entertainment/meltdown factor haha.

He is a good pundit, that show is much better than anything sky does... it would be interesting to see how Southgate does in club football everyone is going to say he will be hopeless but i dont think it is that crazy an idea when so many big names have struggled there.

Utd are miles away from challenging for the title again, I don't think though it's beyond fantasy for them to aim for top 4, they probably think Southgate might be able to lead them to that, if they can reach top 4 and stay there, they could then look to appoint a top manager.

Southgate is one of those guys who is starting to be rated higher than what he actually is due to the unbelievable squad of players that are all available at the same time. Almost generational stuff. Similar to Marc Wilmots at Belgium around 2012-2016.

And he will still find a way to fúck things up for them in the summer despite the talent at his disposal.

I don't even think he is a mid table EPL level manager.

Southgate is one of those guys who is starting to be rated higher than what he actually is due to the unbelievable squad of players that are all available at the same time. Almost generational stuff. Similar to Marc Wilmots at Belgium around 2012-2016.

And he will still find a way to fúck things up for them in the summer despite the talent at his disposal.

I don't even think he is a mid table EPL level manager.
He is very overrated imo, I never watch England and think wow Southgate is a great coach.

Calling BS on this one.

The season hasn't finished yet, both managers are still in a job and are we led to believe a Utd player is privy to their next appointment?

Doubt it…

I don't rate Southgate at all.

Apart from being totally woke (Think he has Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as coach purely because he is black).

He otherthinks things far too much.
Too defensive for a club like Man Utd.

He can get away with internatiopnal management. But, clubs he would bore to tears.

Not sure why Gareth Southgate keeps getting mentioned in regards to the United job. However I'd love to see him get the job for the potential entertainment/meltdown factor haha.
Southgate had a very good working relationship with Dan Ashworth the new director of football from their time working together at the FA when he was U21 manager. He is also very close to Sir Dave Brailsford who is now at Utd also. Ashworth described Southgate as the outstanding candidate when he got the England job.

Southgate and Potter are the two names that have been there since INEOS bought in and their close working relationship with Ashworth will be a big reason in that.

Could he get Kane to perhaps return to England if he got the job?

Back