McAusland

might sound harsh but he is never going to make it. A winger with no pace, can't shoot, can't cross and never takes a man on. Folk will say he is young and following managers instructions but I genuinely don't see how he is even good enough to play for a team like hearts. Im baffled how he has made it to this level currently. If thats the best the academy can produce we would be as well chucking it

Last edited:
He’s not played much in the last few months.
How long was he injured for? Genuine question- I remember he was at one point but it's hard to keep track.

If he can't get in that team when fit then that says it all.

When he first broke through he looked like an exciting prospect but he hasn't kicked on and doesn't seem capable of beating a man. Strange substitution today.

Didn't get carried away when he first came into the first team when Clement took over.

Doesn't score or assist, I'm not sure what he actually does. He'll go on to have a half decent career at a bottom 6 team in our league or in the championship.

When he was playing regularly he wasn't great like most people were saying he was but he also wasn't a man down either. Sadly right now he defo isn't improving.

He gets a pass from many because he is home grown. But home grown not very good is still not very good. I don’t see him making it with us in the medium term.

He went from an option to the best winger we had ever had as per usual. The truth is somewhere in the middle, not good enough for us but good enough for plenty other clubs.

He was due to be released this summer until Davis called him up.

At least if we try and off load him now, we can try and get some money out of it

Decent footballer but never going to cut it at the top level as he has next to no physique and athleticism. Has a bit of balance but he’s tiny, with no real strength or pace.

Said in another thread, like watching a wee boy take on their dad.

Was a breath of fresh air when he came in. However, decision making leaves a lot to be desired & certainly something that is workable but will need a few quick wins to make the jersey his.
He will never make the jersey his Ryan - shame, as I love to see players coming through, but not as much as I love to see Rangers win games.

If we get recruitment right in the summer I would expect him not to feature in the squad.

He wasn't ever the top prospect from the academy, an opportunity fell his way and he done well for a while. I wouldn't write home off just yet. He us more worthy of squad membership ne t year than Scott wright(how he started in seville is beyond...)

Doesn’t really offer anymore than Scott Wright. Yes, he’s young and will most likely improve but he’s not showing an awful lot for a while now.

Seen nothing since before Christmas to suggest he's going to make it sadly.

Will be on loan at Hearts or similar in the not too distant future.
Hearts? He’d struggle to get a game in the Scottish championship.

I would loan him out next season to a dundee or motherwell see if a full seasons of playing can kick him on.

He won't get enough games for us next season.

Let's be honest, he's honking

A winger with no pace, and all the power of a Jason Holt shot in his crosses

He's mid table spl standard at best

He will never make the jersey his Ryan - shame, as I love to see players coming through, but not as much as I love to see Rangers win games.

If we get recruitment right in the summer I would expect him not to feature in the squad.
Don’t disagree with you bro. Nor am I against improving signings in that position. However, don’t see us signing big money wingers in the summer.

He is nowhere good enough, if you think he is then you are kidding yourself on, I dont recall seeing him go past an opposition player, id love to know what he brings to the team, from where I am the answer is nothing.

Hasn’t kicked on since he was given his chance. Not good enough and needs to go out on loan. Too naive in the big games.

Very harsh takes about a development player who is developing nicely.

Form dipped as you'd expect but he has all the attributes of a winger and he's already at Rangers.

He's also hardly been helped by the previous two Managers so his rapid improvement under Clement points to a young man whos got real potential.
He's 20. It's not like he's 17/18.

He's really not showing anything to show he'll make it with us in the future.

Young player inconsistent form shock.

If it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have played anywhere near as much.

Can be a good squad player moving forward
He is not inconsistent, he,s an extemely limited player who has more minutes than his skill set merits. Hopefully our summer recruitment sees us with much much better options.

Was a breath of fresh air when he came in. However, decision making leaves a lot to be desired & certainly something that is workable but will need a few quick wins to make the jersey his.

Seems like a common theme with this club.

Player new into the side, looks bright and offers something different, slowly ground down into mediocrity the more time goes on.

His breakthrough was overhyped at the end of last year.

Was busy, tried hard but even then the lack of a final ball had Scott Wright vibes.

Needs a loan to play consistently and develop. But I’d be shocked if he makes it here.

Disagree with most replies here. I see real quality in glimpses of RM. He is still very young, low cost and one of our own. I’d give him at least another season or two before counting him out. We always fall into this habit with our academy players. “Not good enough”. Well who is? What do you expect? Our academy isn’t brimming with Bellinghams. They need our support and time to grow.

Back