McAusland

He’s still young enough to develop yet, yes he was poor today and has been poor on a number of occasions but he’s definitely a decent option for the squad and should be afforded the time to develop

Appreciate I’m in the minority on this one but I think he has ability, he’s direct, can run with the ball at speed, takes on defenders … for me he’s a decent squad player
Two times he managed to get past their defenders today, both times his cross failed to beat the first man.

No point being able to do that if he doesn't have a final product. He's the exact same as Scott Wright but a few years younger, he just doesn't get the same stick as him due to the fact he's a Rangers fan.

Very harsh takes about a development player who is developing nicely.

Form dipped as you'd expect but he has all the attributes of a winger and he's already at Rangers.

He's also hardly been helped by the previous two Managers so his rapid improvement under Clement points to a young man whos got real potential.
Sorry mate but he hasn't got any attributes that a winger needs, no pace, unable to beat a man, constantly cuts inside, not good enough unfortunately.

He's a very average footballer. We did our usual and massively overhyped him. I've never really rated him. A trier, but that's it.

Form dipped as you'd expect but he has all the attributes of a winger and he's already at Rangers.

He's also hardly been helped by the previous two Managers so his rapid improvement under Clement points to a young man whos got real potential.

What attributes for a winger? Has he ever got to the byline in any game he has played. Can’t even think of an assist other than the trundling shot that the Aberdeen keeper somehow made a mess of.

Tbh he isn’t anywhere near the biggest problem at the club but he is never going to make it

Sorry mate but he hasn't got any attributes that a winger needs, no pace, unable to beat a man, constantly cuts inside, not good enough unfortunately.
I think he's quick in his decision making of pass and release, he's also built well to change direction very quickly with a swivel of the hips - not dissimilar to Neil McCann in that. He may not be grease lightening but that's not his playing style so it matters not.

Put some context onto the team he came into, constantly changing and often misfiring, Ross has done well this past 6 months and has shown a lot.

He may not eventually become a Rangers regular but those writing him off are being unfair.

Nowhere near good enough and the lads a “Rangers man” too , so it puts that long standing myth to bed

The thing I couldn't understand with mccasualnd is the club were trying to get rid of him in the summer to then getting a four year deal? Whichever way you look at it it's not good, either the club had a big talent right under their nose all them years and none of coaches at the club thought he should even be in out youth team and were about to get rid for pennies no doubt or they have just gave a 4 year deal to a player based on some hype and a wee purple patch.

He has ability and could come good but has had no end product so far. Should have volleyed it today.

But don't think this season or today can be blamed on a youth player that is a half decent prospect.

might sound harsh but he is never going to make it. A winger with no pace, can't shoot, can't cross and never takes a man on. Folk will say he is young and following managers instructions but I genuinely don't see how he is even good enough to play for a team like hearts. Im baffled how he has made it to this level currently. If thats the best the academy can produce we would be as well chucking it
The next glen Middleton

Likeable guy but his end product is really poor.

Probably better to loan him out next season and get him some regular game time.

When he came on it was as if he was playing deeper on the right to maybe cover for Tav.

I think he will be better with better players around him.

Simply not good enough, as simple as that.

We havent produced a decent winger on the right since Chris Burke.

He’s not great but I don’t see any player who has been since the start of the season

We are in the mire. It’s absolutely appalling.

Right up till that Motherwell thug kicked him off the park, we were winning every week with McCausland in the team.

All went to shit after that injury, so it’s obviously his fault and he’s pish.

See when he was actually playing games under Clement and getting capped for his country what was the general feeling? Not some pish sub appearence against them were he's expected to be Jesus.

Think this sums up McAusland...my boy was watching the game with me today and as McAusland was coming on he said I wish we still had Candias :oops:

Love that. :D He's 21 tommorow.

But I do agree, he's not some teenager and is really not good enough.

Compare to Cortes who's around the same age (7 months younger). He showed much more ability in his short time.

Haha meant 21 not 22 sorry.

He’s never gonna make it at us, one of our own and wish him well

When he came on it was as if he was playing deeper on the right to maybe cover for Tav.

I think he will be better with better players around him.
I do think you can’t use today to judge him. Came on down 10 men and told to soak up pressure.

Not our biggest problem but not good enough to be a starter. A couple of times he had the opportunity to put a cross in today and he couldnt lift the ball past the near post. Like so many of our squad he is physically weak and not athletic enough.

Seems a really decent wee guy but it’s a no for me.

I haven’t seen enough in his game to tell me his is going to get any better.

Very limited in range and not what we need.

He was brought on when we were down to ten men and had no control of the game. What were people expecting, had nothing to work with. Overall he has played well this season and will hopefully improve next year

He’s 21 m8 not 16/17 he hasn’t got it unfortunately

Back