Mcburnie arrested over stamp on Forest fan

BL1872

Official Ticketer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61511488
A man has been arrested and interviewed by police investigating trouble at the end of a football match.
After Nottingham Forest won a penalty shootout in their Championship play-off match against Sheffield United on Tuesday, crowds came on to the pitch.
One Sheffield player was knocked to the ground and allegations have emerged a Forest fan was stamped on.
Nottinghamshire Police said a 25-year-old man presented himself to police and was arrested on suspicion of assault.
He has since been released on police bail.
Officers said they have been reviewing the contents of a social media video showing an incident at the end of the match.
Det Insp Nicholas Hall said: "We are working hard to understand the sequence of events depicted in this video and have now interviewed a suspect.
"As our investigation continues we would like to speak to any other witnesses who have not yet come forward."

So you stamp on a player mid match and get sent off and that's it.

Stamp on a supporter who isn't meant to be on the field and you get a criminal record?

That's some fucked up logic right there

Edit just seem the footage. Maybe he does deserve to be arrested haha

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61511488
A man has been arrested and interviewed by police investigating trouble at the end of a football match.
After Nottingham Forest won a penalty shootout in their Championship play-off match against Sheffield United on Tuesday, crowds came on to the pitch.
One Sheffield player was knocked to the ground and allegations have emerged a Forest fan was stamped on.
Nottinghamshire Police said a 25-year-old man presented himself to police and was arrested on suspicion of assault.
He has since been released on police bail.
Officers said they have been reviewing the contents of a social media video showing an incident at the end of the match.
Det Insp Nicholas Hall said: "We are working hard to understand the sequence of events depicted in this video and have now interviewed a suspect.
"As our investigation continues we would like to speak to any other witnesses who have not yet come forward."
Not seeing footage on that link. Am I being thick?

Edit. See it now

I’ve seen a few Sheff Utd fans claim there is more to it than just this clip, the guy that got stamp had hit either McBurnie or a member of the team staff.

It’s shite if he gets charged and done as the wee prick should have never been allowed on the pitch.

Good Rangers lad him, but he's off his bloody nut.

Takes it a bit far, mind last year he smashed that guy that was following him and his Mrs.

He's desperate to sign for us, but you imagine him in an Old Firm?

It was an absolute free for all. Let's see what punishment is dished out to the rest first. Think the victim will be done for invading the pitch?

There’s no place in football for physical assaults on players by fans and by players on fans.
The guy who hit Sharp got 24 weeks jail.

Let’s see if a more sustained assault gets the same punishment .

Good Rangers lad him, but he's off his bloody nut.

Takes it a bit far, mind last year he smashed that guy that was following him and his Mrs.

He's desperate to sign for us, but you imagine him in an Old Firm?
To be fair I think following and harassing a player with his mrs is fair game, mate.

And hopefully we never see him in an old firm he’s hopeless (if you’re reading don’t stamp on me, I’m fragile today)

To be fair I think following and harassing a player with his mrs is fair game, mate.

And hopefully we never see him in an old firm he’s hopeless (if you’re reading don’t stamp on me, I’m fragile today)
I think it was the fact he'd made his point and kept hitting him, folk started thinking McBurnie was a bit of a hot head.

Saw another angle of this and the Forest fan is backing McBurnie down until another player or Sheffield fan drops him from behind, and then McBurnie stamps on the guy.

Just a pure Ned.
Sorry if you're reading, I still like you.
But aye, shite.

Can you?! I'm struggling to see much at all in the 2 videos posted so far. Can see the boy on the deck and a bit of pushing and jostling around him. If that's the extent of the evidence I don't see how he gets charged.
Could be wrong here as from what I can see the person who puts the person to the floor is wearing a man bag so now doubt he’s a footballer although appears to be wearing same tracksuit as mcburnie so unsure

I think it was the fact he'd made his point and kept hitting him, folk started thinking McBurnie was a bit of a hot head.

Saw another angle of this and the Forest fan is backing McBurnie down until another player or Sheffield fan drops him from behind, and then McBurnie stamps on the guy.

Just a pure Ned.
Sorry if you're reading, I still like you.
But aye, shite.
Ah never knew he kept hitting him, I’m in agreement with you there

If the forest fans are trying to assault players then they are fair game for a doing back.

It’s going to get to the stage where the old metal fences will be round the perimeters of the pitch to stop the loonballs getting on.

The fact that a guy was able to smash Billy Sharp straight in the face and McBurnie is able to stamp on a punter, purely because the fans were freely able to run onto the pitch will make certain that fences are reintroduced.

One day, someone will get badly injured or killed. It’s a great excuse for a crackpot to go and carry something and cause carnage.

If the forest fans are trying to assault players then they are fair game for a doing back.

It’s going to get to the stage where the old metal fences will be round the perimeters of the pitch to stop the loonballs getting on.

The fact that a guy was able to smash Billy Sharp straight in the face and McBurnie is able to stamp on a punter, purely because the fans were freely able to run onto the pitch will make certain that fences are reintroduced.

One day, someone will get badly injured or killed. It’s a great excuse for a crackpot to go and carry something and cause carnage.
Those fences killed people though. They need to find a balance because they can't be risking lives.

They need to stop these fecking idiots going on to the pitch, a player or member of staff is going to be seriously hurt soon! This, the viera incident last night, it’s a baying mob at times.

Kids running on the pitch for shirts are just as bad by the way, parents allowing this should be banned for life. It needs to stop.

Wish a few of our players had done this in 2016.

Not Tav, as he's good. One of the shite players we wouldn't have missed for a few months.
Tbh when Mohsni dished it out to a player, let alone a fan, he was slaughtered by the vast majority. McBurnie was in an alarming situation and reacted out of fear for his safety. I reckon.

Surrounded by opposition fans causing trouble and probably worried for his safety, it's not like you can make the best decisions at that time. It also looks like it worked because he got out there alright.

Don't go on the pitch, don't get kicked.

Those fences killed people though. They need to find a balance because they can't be risking lives.
Someone made a great point on another thread. Dock points or award a victory to the opposition.

Your team avoids relegation by the skin of their teeth and you behave like an entitled arsehole and go on the pitch - points removed. Down you go.

Your team wins a playoff match and you go on the pitch? Sorry, result reversed

That would soon put an end to it. Might seem harsh, however if we now have sportspersons on edge about their own personal safety, or as in the case above, getting into trouble with the law for taking matters into their own hands then points and results seem pretty trivial in comparison.

Last edited:

The fences used in Germany are more advanced that the old death traps.

Tbh it’s more of a mess and has a quickly release system, although they only use them at the safe standing zone not the seated areas.

The easiest way to nip this is close the stands and dock points.

Big Dunc got how long in the slammer for giving a guy a push with his head??????

Oli should be looking at jail time for this.

More needs to be done to stop fans entering the pitch no matter what age they are or what the circumstances of the game are.

The Billy Sharp incident is a shocker, could have been seriously injured with what the fan done to him, similar with the Grelish incident previously.

Fans entering the pitch could be carrying anything on them, they need jailed for entering the field

Absolutely no issue with that McBurnie did to be totally honest. These clowns that run on the park, the players have no idea how they're going to react when they're up close.

It's disgusting that players could get a criminal record because they want to defend themselves. Fans shouldn't be coming on the field. It's only a matter of time before someone is severely injured.

The comments from the Swindon boss and their forward last night are bang on...something has to be done regards pitch invasions.

I will never get my head around the Hibs fans mindset in the SC final. Last minute goal to finally win the thing for over a hundred years .
First thing in your head is to go ballistic with uncontrolled joy and emotion amongst yer own right?
Nope: it was to charge up the field to goad Rangers fans.

Thankfully i will never get that mindset.

If he's worth 20 million then I'm worth 15 million.

Absolutely horrific football player and a striker who scored no goals this season. Yet folk wanted on here wanted us to sign him cause he's 'one of us". He's absolutely rancid.

Back