McCausland bombed out since his injury

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Until the season is effectively over. Why?

I’m not saying he’s the answer long term. He’s a good player who is worthy of a place in the squad, no more.

But our best performances and run this season came when he was playing wide right. He makes the team more balanced but instead Clement seemed to favour playing Sterling out of position there. I don’t know why and it’s one a few baffling decisions that have been made.

Cause he’s only just got back to being fully fit, he’s been named on the bench while being barely fit.

The amount of injuries has been ridiculous and that’s meant players have overplayed or played out of position like Sterling. Somehow some on here thought Dr Waller was gonna cure that despite his record not being great either.

McCausland is still a young player in his first proper season. Started off very well then his form fell off a cliff. His last 2 performances plus the injuries probably mean he starts next week but he will just be backup next season.

His injury was a pretty bad one, and he'd gone off the boil prior to getting injured. His cameos, post injury, were all pretty poor, and he looked like he'd lost a bit of his rhythm/confidence.

I don't remember anyone saying he should be playing and starting regularly a few weeks ago. Almost as if, he's played well in the last two games and people are letting their recency bias colour their overall perception.

His injury was a pretty bad one, and he'd gone off the boil prior to getting injured. His cameos, post injury, were all pretty poor, and he looked like he'd lost a bit of his rhythm/confidence.

I don't remember anyone saying he should be playing and starting regularly a few weeks ago. Almost as if, he's played well in the last two games and people are letting their recency bias colour their overall perception.
I think people have been getting ahead of themselves after Dundee and Hearts today. Cantwell was getting some praise on Tuesday night, there were a few posts saying it's only Dundee when the pressure was off. Yet it's different when McCausland had a decent game on Tuesday, comments about how good he is etc etc.

Yeah, he played really well today, and last time out. But the truth is he’s been pretty average in general and a non factor in some important games. So I doubt earlier inclusion would have changed much for us.

I think people have been getting ahead of themselves after Dundee and Hearts today. Cantwell was getting some praise on Tuesday night, there were a few posts saying it's only Dundee when the pressure was off. Yet it's different when McCausland had a decent game on Tuesday, comments about how good he is etc etc.

It's typical recency bias. We're all guilty of it at times. I do think he's been decent in the last few games and seems to have found a bit of confidence from somewhere. I don't however, see how him playing while nursing an injury the last month or so, would have had any bearing on the title race.

People are looking to point at one article of evidence for our collapse, but the truth is, there's actually too many examples of evidence for our demise.

Half on here think he's rubbish, gets a bye ball as he's from NI, should be loaned out, absolute pish someone described him. A young player in his breakthrough season who is finishing the season strongly after his assault at Motherwell. Just turned 21 and imo will have a huge Rangers career and could potentially be sold for huge profit in the coming years, these young lads should be encouraged, especially Ross as he's definitely a talent who next year could with Phil's coaching could be the key player in a lot of marginal games.

A young player in his breakthrough season who is finishing the season strongly after his assault at Motherwell. Just turned 21 and imo will have a huge Rangers career and could potentially be sold for huge profit in the coming years, these young lads should be encouraged, especially Ross as he's definitely a talent who next year could with Phil's coaching could be the key player in a lot of marginal games.
You do realise such context and common sense will get you ignored/banned/flamed?

For what’s it’s worth, have a shiny like on me.

Clement post match has said he’s been managed since his injury so fair enough.

For me he deserves a start next week.
His goals in the last 2 should guarantee his place next week.

He was going along nicely until that tadger nearly broke him in 2, it’s taken him ages to fully recover.

Just typical of the way the season has went, anything that could have gone wrong, has gone wrong.

PC went out of his way in his post match to state and re-state Ross was kicked off the pitch and it has set him back .
What should be said is it was most probably a sectarian driven attack by Casey of Motherwell at Ibrox . It was no accidental injury .

Cause he’s only just got back to being fully fit, he’s been named on the bench while being barely fit.

The amount of injuries has been ridiculous and that’s meant players have overplayed or played out of position like Sterling. Somehow some on here thought Dr Waller was gonna cure that despite his record not being great either.
David Edgar said back in June or July that the return of the doctor was our best pre-season signing and that we would see a huge improvement in our injury list and treatment.

That worked out well, didn't it?

I think we will find, like a few others, he has had to be carefully managed in terms of injury. The squad is decimated & player & team form through the floor as a result.

Dont think Ross is good enough long term to be a starter for us but he is certainly good enough to be a squad player. Looked good before the injury then seemed to lose confidence after. I think that’s probably down to be being nowhere near fit

David Edgar said back in June or July that the return of the doctor was our best pre-season signing and that we would see a huge improvement in our injury list and treatment.

That worked out well, didn't it?

David has said that hasn’t went well as he thought. I’ll give him that he’s not one to say he was wrong and credit to him as plenty won’t.

I personally never got all the fan fare as we had injury problems under Gerrard. Like Jack being completely run into the ground as Gerrard knew he would for the badge, Roofe and Helander being missing more than they were available and many more.

Here’s hoping Clement & Taylor have a plan that works and the changes hinted at works too.

Until the season is effectively over. Why?

I’m not saying he’s the answer long term. He’s a good player who is worthy of a place in the squad, no more.

But our best performances and run this season came when he was playing wide right. He makes the team more balanced but instead Clement seemed to favour playing Sterling out of position there. I don’t know why and it’s one a few baffling decisions that have been made.
Did you miss him getting kicked off the park and receiving a bad injury? It’s only in the last couple of weeks he’s got back to full fitness and the manager has now got him back in the starting 11.

Some areas of his game are still quite raw, which is expected for a player his age, but he has better end product that the likes of Ryan Kent.

With the right coaching he could become a decent player.

McCausland is still a young player in his first proper season. Started off very well then his form fell off a cliff. His last 2 performances plus the injuries probably mean he starts next week but he will just be backup next season.
I don't know about back up next season?
Maybe a starter because I really can't see how we find really good players financially.

David has said that hasn’t went well as he thought. I’ll give him that he’s not one to say he was wrong and credit to him as plenty won’t.

I personally never got all the fan fare as we had injury problems under Gerrard. Like Jack being completely run into the ground as Gerrard knew he would for the badge, Roofe and Helander being missing more than they were available and many more.

Here’s hoping Clement & Taylor have a plan that works and the changes hinted at works too.
Well Clement says he knows the cause of most our injuries, so time will tell, it could be a shite pre season, a bad surface in our training ground, sub standard medical care, signing players made of plastic, or a combination of all of the above

Needs to build up a bit of muscle, so that he is not so easily brushed off of the ball.
good game yesterday

Clement probably thought he needed more protection on the right for the wandering Tav( who I've seen over in the centre and the left).

Some areas of his game are still quite raw, which is expected for a player his age, but he has better end product that the likes of Ryan Kent.

With the right coaching he could become a decent player.
Nah, not having that. Apart from the last two games he hasn't had nearly enough goals or assists that a winger for Rangers should have. His crossing is very poor, he'll be a squad player at the most next season, if he's any more than that then it'll be another long season for us Rangers fans.

Him and sima on each side next week with sterling in midfield and we have a chance. The team needs balance. Pace in behind. Athleticism in midfield. We'd get all that with the above. Could also consider sima through the middle with cantwell and mccausland either side maybe but I'd stick to my first suggestion. The worry there is how many dessers misses.

This thread is just demonstrating there are a lot on here who lack basic understanding of sports conditioning.

McCausland getting back to form now is on a typical timeline after recovering from a bad injury.
People on here think it's a game of CM01-02.

McCausland when not playing safe is a much better player, he was good v Dundee and excellent yesterday, reminds me a bit of Huistra.

Well Clement says he knows the cause of most our injuries, so time will tell, it could be a shite pre season, a bad surface in our training ground, sub standard medical care, signing players made of plastic, or a combination of all of the above

I know a few at the club think the players were overworked and wrecked before pre season had finished.

one of the best passers in the team already imo . Particularly good one yesterday late on when he was pinned to the touch line just into there half lot of jambos pressing and he clipped a lovely 12 yard pass inside to his MF base which opened up the pitch for a possible transition .

He knows the pitch geography that lad

Back