McCoist had to hide anger at the way Gerrard left rangers

uneasydaz

Rangers legend Ally McCoist had to hide his anger at the manner of Steven Gerrard's U-turn and sudden departure according to close pal Alan Brazil.

McCoist admitted in the wake of Gerrard's exit for Aston Villa that it had left a "bad taste".

But fellow talkSPORT host Brazil reckons his feelings run far deeper than that and McCoist had to bite his tongue to stop saying what he really felt.

Speaking this morning while McCoist takes a break after losing his voice, Brazil said: "I did phone McCoist up, but he didn't speak to me as his voice is gone again shouting 'penalty'.

"People laughed at me when I said he could take the Newcastle job, Steven.

"And the way he has left, on a serious note, I listened to Ally, carefully, and I could tell Ally was angry the way he left, the way it was done.

"But he didn't really want to have a go at Steven."

Rangers legend Ally McCoist had to hide his anger at the manner of Steven Gerrard's U-turn and sudden departure according to close pal Alan Brazil.

McCoist admitted in the wake of Gerrard's exit for Aston Villa that it had left a "bad taste".

But fellow talkSPORT host Brazil reckons his feelings run far deeper than that and McCoist had to bite his tongue to stop saying what he really felt.

Speaking this morning while McCoist takes a break after losing his voice, Brazil said: "I did phone McCoist up, but he didn't speak to me as his voice is gone again shouting 'penalty'.

"And the way he has left, on a serious note, I listened to Ally, carefully, and I could tell Ally was angry the way he left, the way it was done.

I think its fair to suggest Alan Brazil has probably been saying "he could take the *insert English club* job" re Gerrard for 3+ years.

As for the way it was done that seems to be in contrast to what Gerrard, the person at the middle of it all, says when he praised Rangers for their professionalism all the way along. Indeed Rangers seem poised to appoint their new Manager very quickly and with almost zero fuss so again well handled.

Its almost as though Alan Brazil is the sort of thick, clueless waste of time that just wants to keep telling everyone Rangers are in a mess.

Ally has a short memory , he should remember his own contract shenanigans before pointing fingers .

But the way SG left and the timing is awful but if he wasn’t committed we are better off without Gerrard
Well quite.

Last edited:
If course he was, it was and absolute disgrace the way Gerrard manufactured this move. It’s pretty obvious it was going on for weeks if not months.
He gave me the best title of my life but he left under a cloud.
I have no issues with him going to the epl it was the way it was done.

at1lzjccvm851.jpg

Lost his voice again shouting penalty :))

Must admit to a wee chuckle at that. Ally and Brazil are a good listen when they're on together.

Gerrard didn’t even say goodbye to the staff who had looked after him at Auchenhowie, while all the others came up and said their goodbyes while clearing their stuff…..that says it all. Gerrard will never be warmly received again by many of the corr people at the Club despite their professional statement!!

Worth remembering that this is just that idiot Brazils interpretation of how he thought Ally felt.

The same Alan Brazil who just 15 minutes ago was discussing about how Gary McAllister should have got the Rangers managers job. I've genuinely no idea how he has a job presenting a sports radio show, his knowledge on everything is awful and the amount of things he gets found out at not having a clue about is unreal.

Ally has a short memory , he should remember his own contract shenanigans before pointing fingers .

But the way SG left and the timing is awful but if he wasn’t committed we are better off without Gerrard
I don`t blame Ally for what went on, back then. The place was a disgrace, spivs filling their boots, Ally left to hang onto our assets,
pretty much trying to keep the door open on his own.
Even Walter, left the board, in disgust.
I`d be giving him a break.

Worth remembering that this is just that idiot Brazils interpretation of how he thought Ally felt.

The same Alan Brazil who just 15 minutes ago was discussing about how Gary McAllister should have got the Rangers managers job. I've genuinely no idea how he has a job presenting a sports radio show, his knowledge on everything is awful and the amount of things he gets found out at not having a clue about is unreal.
The Bob Monkhouse blunder bears that out.

Sensationalist p*sh in that article. I listened to the show, nothing said that we didn't already know or McCoist didn't already say himself days ago. Usual non journalism that passes for journalism these days. Very tiresome.

Ally is right to be angry and shouldn't have held back.

Its easy for Gerard fan boys to convince themselves it's ok and wish him all the best.

But he has tainted his legacy and ruined it , once you accept that and stop trying to justify his actions , it's easier to move on

He used to be a bit of ratings winner for Talksport was my understanding. When he had the drink driving thing, I think they tried to sack the guy but he was pretty popular so continued on with him.

He is getting phased out just now and others are taking the reigns on the breakfast show. I actually think when he is on, especially with Ally, I find it entertaining. His knowledge and take on things though are awful. One of those types where the research they do is scanning the back pages of tabloids.

I don`t blame Ally for what went on, back then. The place was a disgrace, spivs filling their boots, Ally left to hang onto our assets,
I’m not one for dredging up the past , especially around 2012 , but it smacks of double standards for ally to have a go about Gerrard while his own behaviour around his huge contract fell short .

I’m not too upset at Gerrard leaving as I I think we can do better , a good manager appointment will get us moving again .

Gerrard didn’t even say goodbye to the staff who had looked after him at Auchenhowie, while all the others came up and said their goodbyes while clearing their stuff…..that says it all. Gerrard will never be warmly received again by many of the corr people at the Club despite their professional statement!!
Speaks volumes about what Gerrard really thinks about Rangers.

How many StMirren v Rangers games has Simon Jordan watched?
Every single time Scottish football is mentioned he trots it out, shocked by poor quality blah blah, we heard you the 10th time ffs.

Ally is right to be angry and shouldn't have held back.

Its easy for Gerard fan boys to convince themselves it's ok and wish him all the best.

But he has tainted his legacy and ruined it , once you accept that and stop trying to justify his actions , it's easier to move on
I understood why Gerrard was seduced by the "big titties and thong flashing" of the Premiership.

It is also okay to recognise the fact that he left us right in the brown stuff by the way it was done.

Not everything is black and white.

you could tell in McCoists tone that he was angry and rightly so.

To depart like a rat up a drain pipe at the first chance when we had a semi final and a Europa tie looming was disgraceful from Steven Gobshite

So fkuc Stevie G and i hope he fails miserably at AV

100%

Imagine he just did a Gerrard when admin happened.

Ally’s departure was a completely different scenario from Gerrards!

Ally’s departure was a completely different scenario from Gerrards!
Yeah he helped himself to hundreds of thousands of pounds while we were in the 3rd division . Gerrard f.ucked off at the worst possible time and is as hollow asa Celtic boys club apology

I’m not one for dredging up the past , especially around 2012 , but it smacks of double standards for ally to have a go about Gerrard while his own behaviour around his huge contract fell short .

I’m not too upset at Gerrard leaving as I I think we can do better , a good manager appointment will get us moving again .
Gerrardgate is over
The king is dead, long live the king

Back