McCoist "Jota's a genius"

He’s average at best. A complete sand dancer, hence why he’s playing there and not at a club who are capable of competing in Europe.
Utter nonsense.

He’s a very good player. Yes, he’s a bit tippy tappy and loves a stepover, but he’s a Portuguese winger so what do you expect.

He’s got an end product, scores goals and puts in dangerous crosses. That doesn’t mean I won’t back our full backs to stop him when we play them.

To completely ignore he was a big part of them winning the league last season is blinkered.

I love Ally but he has always went way over the top in his praise for that mob and over critical of our players. No point in getting heartburn over it he's not going to change now

I love Ally but he has always went way over the top in his praise for that mob and over critical of our players. No point in getting heartburn over it he's not going to change now
In that regard he is no different to a fair number of posters on here.

Good player, yes.
Genius, no.
Ally’s playing mind games calling him a genius when he knows fine well he’s not.

I don't, wouldn't contemplate swapping him for Ryan Kent, or Rabbi Matondo, on what I've seen so far.
Let's see how this season pans out, but I think Gio has their number and Jota's not troubled us much to date.
Since gio came in, they’ve beat us more than we’ve beat them and Jota has also scored against us

Since gio came in, they’ve beat us more than we’ve beat them and Jota has also scored against us

I'm talking about the last couple of games, once the team started gelling under Gio.
We'll see, but I don't think they're anywhere near the team that they, and a few on here, think they are.

Few on here seem desperate for posters to praise bheast players, then get all offended when they don't. It's a rangers forum ,Fkin oddballs.

No denying the wee dick is a good player but let’s see how the “genius” gets on in the UCL. A genius would be capable of tearing up brilliant defenders. Just can’t see it with Jota.

If any of us came on here and proclaimed any current Celtic player a genius we would get utterly slaughtered.

What is his IQ out of interest :)

Good player, yes.
Genius, no.
Ally’s playing mind games calling him a genius when he knows fine well he’s not.
So it's not what McCoist is saying, it's what he isn't saying?! Reading between the lines, McCoist has Celtic on the run...

Like a hark back to 2013. :D

The good thing about his goal at the weekend is that he will now be trying that every time he gets within 30 yards of goal. No lay-offs to better positioned teammates. Row Z 98 times out of a 100.

He's what i want Kent to be. Runs takes a man on and scores goals. Kent runs takes a man on. Stops and takes him on again lol

Genius though. Bolt ally

I don't, wouldn't contemplate swapping him for Ryan Kent, or Rabbi Matondo, on what I've seen so far.
Let's see how this season pans out, but I think Gio has their number and Jota's not troubled us much to date.
I'd have him over Matondo for sure.
I think Kent is a better player, however Jota does seem to have the goals/assists that Kent doesn't.

Ally is widely accepted in England (where, rightly or wrongly, no one gives 2 f*cks about Scottish football) as the best pundit going on account of his enthusiasm and love for the game. Folk absolutely love him down here.

The entity he loves the most and is most enthusiastic about is Rangers FC. One only has to see footage of him during our European run last season to know this to be true.

He's arguably the greatest striker in our history. No explanation needed.

His leadership in and around 2012 gave heart and hope to so many. His managerial exploits in the lower leagues can be questioned, but when it was all falling apart it was him and Sandy Jardine who kept us together.

Why must we constantly find reason to slag him off? He is, and always will be, an absolute hero to me.

Back